Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Rookie Watch: Which NBA Veteran Should Ed Davis Study?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    But for now he doesn't have the body for that. He'd get injured pretty often. And I can't really picture him like a Perkins kind of player, I don't know. But it's still early in his career, he definitely needs to bulk up during the summer.
    And he doesn't have the ability to do what you suggest. Which scenario is better, hitting the gym and working on an inside game or working on an outside game so he can go hold hands with Bargnani and let the little guys do all the heavy hitting inside?

And that's not to say Bosh was shy of contact, because he wasn't, but him and Bargnani weren't exactly a great fit. They played the game relatively similar on offense.

Comment

I've always considered a Jermaine O'Neal in his prime, the best comparison for Ed. They have very similar body types, both are good to great rebounders and shot blockers. And Jermaine developed a mid range shot that he could hit with consiscently from various spots. We need Ed to be a defensive force before he becomes an offensive threat.

Like Amir Davis has a shot from the mid-hash mark where he's money. I'd rather prefer that Ed works on his post-up game, free throws and hit the weight room.

If he gets some of Garnett's or Perks fire that's just gravy.

He should aim for a 10-10-2 statline for the first 5 years of his career. Eventually he could be a 17-7-1, but that's not what this team needs.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
        Nah Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett (the best at his position in the NBA currently). He should improve his defense and rebounding coupled with bulking up too. A defensive big man is a dime a dozen in the scoring oriented NBA nowadays, even if Ed Davis does not play out his career here, because of his defense, he can start on a championship team in the future. My 2 cents.
        You mean best at his position, all-time.

Davis looks like he could become more of a KG than a Tim Duncan. Defencively hes should study Garnett. I don't know if Davis will ever be able to hit those high-post fade-aways that KG hits on offence though.

Comment

I agree with whoever said Garnett. A quality defensive anchor who can score. Yes please.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            And he doesn't have the ability to do what you suggest. Which scenario is better, hitting the gym and working on an inside game or working on an outside game so he can go hold hands with Bargnani and let the little guys do all the heavy hitting inside?

And that's not to say Bosh was shy of contact, because he wasn't, but him and Bargnani weren't exactly a great fit. They played the game relatively similar on offense.
            Players like Perkins are very rare in the NBA. Even Paul Millsap has a jumper. Well either way he needs to bulk up, because he weighs like 220 lbs or something, which isn't ideal for heavy hitting.

I like him as a KG type guy, but obviously if he was a physical and dominant guy in the post I'd like that too.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              Do you think Rasheed Wallace was a good defender?
              Yes, he was obviously a good defender, but he had the tools to be a great player. He just didn't seem to care enough to be.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
              X