GARBAJOSSSSSA + greatest end of a game ever ever ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great vid. He just loses it announcing. lol
    Why did Garbajosa never return? Never fully recover?
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
      It's a great vid. He just loses it announcing. lol
      Why did Garbajosa never return? Never fully recover?
      After he had that bad break of his leg he wanted to play the following season for Spain and BC (rightly so) said no. In addition I believe the doctors here said he hadnt healed fully...but he still wanted to do it. They then arranged a buyout and he went back to Spain. Looks like he has recovered now!!! Euros are very particular about playing for their national teams...its as if the country will never forgive them if they dont. In this particular he was crazy to do so...he could have been injured permanently. As it turned out he did not play very well if I remember correctly.

Comment

Mo pete's buzzer beater was epic!

Comment

pran wrote: View Post
          lmao, the way the announcers voice kept cracking I expected him to say "And here are your fries mr. simpson" ahahaha

oh wait I heard the end, and thats just creepy, and I don't know what game their playing on that clip but it sure explains why some euro's have such a huge learning curve when they come over here.......
          ----------------------------------

Yeah, a clip that shows two teams playing at an extremely high level, not needing a timeout to be pampered or coached, knowing exactly what they need to do, playing with poise and levelheadedness, hitting their shots in a pressure-packed situation - yeah it totally demonstrates players who don't know much about the game.

The end of this game would never ever happen in the NBA because the players would be lost little girls without having their hands held by the overcoaching of their coaches.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post

Yeah, a clip that shows two teams playing at an extremely high level, not needing a timeout to be pampered or coached, knowing exactly what they need to do, playing with poise and levelheadedness, hitting their shots in a pressure-packed situation - yeah it totally demonstrates players who don't know much about the game.

The end of this game would never ever happen in the NBA because the players would be lost little girls without having their hands held by the overcoaching of their coaches.
            The overcoaching in the NBA is ridiculous. Watching the clip, I kept waiting for more stoppages, as if I have just become trained for it. In the Raptors best efforts are often those moments when they are allowed to run. Who amongst us has not gone into a stupor watching timeout follow timeout.

Wish Garbajosa had come back. Still not sure why we were not able to get him back. Maybe he simply wanted to stay home.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post

he jacked up a circus shot, that definitely shows playing with poise and level headedness right.

and i believe the superior players (usa) have won the championship for a couple years now, even having to adapt to the bizarre game being shown above.
              Last edited by pran; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

pran wrote: View Post
                he jacked up a circus shot, that definitely shows playing with poise and level headedness right.

and i believe the superior players (usa) have won the championship for a couple years now, even having to adapt to the bizarre game being shown above.
                --------
                The last shot was a extremely composed one considering he had 4 seconds to get the ball up court and into a position to get a decent shot while having two guys collapsing on him. Too soon and you're heaving a half court prayer. Getting close enough in to get a decent shot off before time expires means you've managed the clock brilliantly. With poise and levelheadedness. Circus shot? Uh, no.

Did you watch just the last 4 seconds of the game? I invite you to watch the preceding 40.

Not sure what "championship" you're referring to.
                FIBA? America won in 2010. And back in 1994.
                Perhaps you could go google who won in 98 02 and 06.

If you think the clip shows a bizarre game then I feel sorry for you and what you believe high level basketball is supposed to be about.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  That was awesome. Nice one.

I think this has to be the craziest finish in NBA history.

Down 8 with 38 seconds to go?
                  Come back to win it. One day we'll be on the receiving end of one of these wins.

Although...

Chucks reaction is basically the Chicagoan version of that Spanish guy. hahah
                  lol

That. Was. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X