X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors_
    replied
    Deadallus wrote: View Post
    This is the second game I have seen this year where a team throws a zone at the Raps and they basically back into a corner and assume the fetal position. Funny a few years back we had shooters and no D. Now we have no shooters AND no D. Terrible, but at this point who really cares. I'm already looking forward to 2011-2012. Assuming there is a season that is.
    me too hopefully we can play better D and get some 3 point shooters.

Leave a comment:

• Deadallus
    replied
    This is the second game I have seen this year where a team throws a zone at the Raps and they basically back into a corner and assume the fetal position. Funny a few years back we had shooters and no D. Now we have no shooters AND no D. Terrible, but at this point who really cares. I'm already looking forward to 2011-2012. Assuming there is a season that is.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    e2thed wrote: View Post
    Sonny Weems was the weak link, I don't know why he was out on the floor during crunch time, hes a fool for turning over the ball near the 3 minute mark.
    You stole my thunder, i was about to post "Weems Sucks" as a thread. He chucked up 4 bricks in a row leading to PHX rebs, then turns it over.

Ed Davis was no better, nor Amir.Turnover, turnover, turnover, foul.

Bargs had the hot hand, then in the 4th, they run plays for Weems!! WTF.

Triano= sucks

Leave a comment:

• knickz
    replied
    i don't care about the blowouts...this is the worst game of the year...how can you not beat a team coming off a triple over time on a back to back

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    Sonny Weems was the weak link, I don't know why he was out on the floor during crunch time, hes a fool for turning over the ball near the 3 minute mark.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Who is Coaching...

Who is coaching this team...P.J. Carlesimo or Jay Triano..hmm!!!
    When ever the camera is on Jay Triano..P.J is always there talking 2 him,tell him...not only that but in spot the ref went 2 P.J Carlesimo and not Jay Triano.
    Jay Triano ure a TOOL...not only that P.J Carlesimo sucks balls 2...
    Coaching won this game,if u really wanted win this game,all u had 2 do is get all 3 point shooters they were playing zone...but that's what happends when he plays,weems,reggie,derozan,davis,beasley,...name me a guy that can make 3..lol.
    It's all the same...ohh well..hopefully we get good draft pick and send Triano back where he came from Grizzlies organazation..ohh wait,they folded..exactly...Just Go Away!!!

Leave a comment:

• goldenboy78
    replied
    bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
    I love how we play in an uptempo game. We have moved the ball well tonite. Lot of fun to watch.
    I do agree, this was one of are better games regarding movement, there was alot of extra passes that led to some real easy baskets, Ed Davis had a couple real easy dunks because of the extra pass, I even saw Bargs through a great pass down to Davis under the basket, he needs to do more of this to get the team more envolved.

As for the Suns there second string did a great job agaist are starters and kept the game close, when it was time to win, Nash came on the floor and showed a great display of why he is a great PG, hitting clutch baskets and passing the ball down low to there centre(I can't think of his name right now).

Positives from this game for the raptors. Ed Davis played with alot of hustle under the basket and running after broken plays, he was rewarded with some easy baskets . Bayless played with alot of heart and hustle as well and was very aggressive driving to the basket, he needs to find away to make those baskets when there is a little contact, other then that he set up the offense and played great defence.

Negatives from this, I thought we were out smarted at the end, a couple calls at the end really screwed us and was perhaps the diffrence in this game, I thought Fryes foot was on the line when he hit that three near the end and there was no review , then on the very next position they reviewed a play off who touched the ball last before it went out of bounds, ends up it went of Davis and the call was changed, GAME OVER. oh well the Kings won last night and so did the Nets looks like a 4th or 5th pick in the draft this year if you play the odds.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    Agreed RapsFan4life, we are a terrible 3pt shooting team, and the fact that we can't defend the three well either is what let us lose. Seriously, how are supposed to even win against a team like this when our best defensive stance is the 2-3 zone, which is always countered by 3pt shooting. We practically gave them the game.

I can't wait till playoffs start, then we can just relax and watch good teams play. Hopefully, in 2 years, I can say the same for the Raptors.
    again, its the effort. all our guys are young athletic players, and they cant even cover the perimeter. the effort is just not there.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    What a pathetic loss. The suns were absolutely gassed and we couldn't even grind it out. Fuck Triano.
    hahaha considering the suns played a 3OT game in LA the night before. back to back.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I guess games like this just goes to show you really need a go-to guy on your team.
    Nash killed them towards the end of the 4th. His passing, scoring, unreal.
    I think sometimes we just emphasize too much on the raps lack of defense, but we dont give credit to the other team's elite players. IMO, down the stretch, teams with superstars will score no matter what, i mean of course there are lots of time good defense prevails, but when a superstar has the ball in his hands, you know there's a big chance he's going to score, its just a matter of the other team answering back. And in this case, the Raps just dont have the weapon to answer back.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    What a pathetic loss. The suns were absolutely gassed and we couldn't even grind it out. Fuck Triano.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    b2kelly wrote: View Post
    What a let down! Poor performance from a group without talent. The only players worth keeping are Barbosa, Davis, DD, and JJ trade the rest of the softies.. shitty poor D-league bench team of scrubs.. rebuilding my arse
    I think your expectations of rebuilding or what you think rebuilding should be are not in line with reality.

Leave a comment:

• webcrawler89
    replied
    Agreed RapsFan4life, we are a terrible 3pt shooting team, and the fact that we can't defend the three well either is what let us lose. Seriously, how are supposed to even win against a team like this when our best defensive stance is the 2-3 zone, which is always countered by 3pt shooting. We practically gave them the game.

I can't wait till playoffs start, then we can just relax and watch good teams play. Hopefully, in 2 years, I can say the same for the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    The zone killed us. We are a terrible 3pt shooting team.

Leave a comment:

• b2kelly
    replied
    What a let down! Poor performance from a group without talent. The only players worth keeping are Barbosa, Davis, DD, and JJ trade the rest of the softies.. shitty poor D-league bench team of scrubs.. rebuilding my arse

Leave a comment:

Working...
X