No announcement yet.

Franchise Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously we don't have a franchise player. Bargs is the best player but def not who you want to build around. Demar might be but he's no where near yet.

That's easy.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I dont think we have one, and I dont think we NEED one.

We need a new coach, and we need to get rid of these scrubs: chucker weems, fouler turnover amir

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        Obviously we don't have a franchise player. Bargs is the best player but def not who you want to build around. Demar might be but he's no where near yet.

That's easy.
        There is no Franchis player on this team.
        There is no guy to build around on this team.

But that doesn't mean that this team isn't treating him as such. Look at what BC has done to accomodate Andrea. Firing Smitch so he gets more minutes, hiring fellow country men as coaches and executives to help run the team, allow (forcing?) Jay to give him minutes even when he isn't playing well, getting the highest usage and minutes, looking for players to match with him (playing Reggie and trying to get Chandler), putting his face all over anything Raptors...

Yeah you and I may Joe around the corner may know he is not a franchise player, but the team is still trying to push him as such.

I for one do not think he is even close to being the best player on the team... rather one of the bigger liabilities on this team... but until this team starts treating him like the player he actually is (a scorer of the bench), rather than "the man" on the team, its not going anywhere.

Comment

Very many seem to conflate "franchise" with "best" with "highest salaried" with "leadership". While some or all of these elements may converge this does not necessarily result in "indisputable/invaluable"...at least not like a Kobe or Howard or Duncan.

Bargnani is emphatically not this and neither is anyone else. This is an organic happening as evidenced by arguably the best/mvp of the league (LBJ) moving to another team and I do believe that Wade is still the man on the Heat.

I personally dont care if the Raps have one or not. I shall just settle right now for a group of good to very good players who know how to play with one another.

I think it's been demonstrated ad nauseum that AB, by his play itself, is not the invaluable player on the team (my def. for franchise player). Merely a good player and probably not as good as Bosh either, just yet...and I did not think this team should have been built around CB.
          Last edited by Bendit; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
            Look at what BC has done to accomodate Andrea. Firing Smitch so he gets more minutes, hiring fellow country men as coaches and executives to help run the team, allow (forcing?) Jay to give him minutes even when he isn't playing well, getting the highest usage and minutes, looking for players to match with him (playing Reggie and trying to get Chandler), putting his face all over anything Raptors...
            Wow! That is very educational! You must work for MLSE to have that info right?

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
              There is no Franchis player on this team.
              There is no guy to build around on this team.

But that doesn't mean that this team isn't treating him as such. Look at what BC has done to accomodate Andrea. Firing Smitch so he gets more minutes, hiring fellow country men as coaches and executives to help run the team, allow (forcing?) Jay to give him minutes even when he isn't playing well, getting the highest usage and minutes, looking for players to match with him (playing Reggie and trying to get Chandler), putting his face all over anything Raptors...

Yeah you and I may Joe around the corner may know he is not a franchise player, but the team is still trying to push him as such.

I for one do not think he is even close to being the best player on the team... rather one of the bigger liabilities on this team... but until this team starts treating him like the player he actually is (a scorer of the bench), rather than "the man" on the team, its not going anywhere.
              I don't really agree with you. Sam Mitchell is an asshole and a sh*tty coach. I don't care if he got COY.

Who's the fellow country man he hired as a coach? I can't think of him. Where did you hear that BC is making Triano play Bargs? That one is new to me.

I guess you can say Raps have been trying to add complimentary pieces to Bargs. But why wouldn't you when he's currently the best player. Even Bosh had more help than Bargs does now.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                How about we change the topic to do the Raptors current have a franchise player? Do they have one in training?
                No. And, no. A franchise player is: a) top 5 at his position; b) makes a material difference in wins/losses; c) makes everyone around him better; d) distorts the game; e) is the face of, and leader of, your team; f) does things only great players can do. The only franchise guy the Raps ever had was Carter when he was young and before he quit on the team. Bosh was really, really good but he never made other players better and he never made the Raptors a winner. McGrady... arguable, but certanly not when he was here. The current roster has no one who even comes close to being an All-Star, let alone an elite player, let alone a franchise cornerstone.

Comment

I'll never forget how he quit on the team and abandoned the fans and the city but I'll also never forget this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ma-03aeIE

For the posters who started watching Raptor ball in the last 5 or 6 years, here is what the team's franchise player should be able to do.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    I dont think we have one, and I dont think we NEED one.

We need a new coach, and we need to get rid of these scrubs: chucker weems, fouler turnover amir
                    Wait a second... So, "The King" is dead? Did I somehow enter "Bizzaro-Raptors Republic"?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      No. And, no. A franchise player is: a) top 5 at his position; b) makes a material difference in wins/losses; c) makes everyone around him better; d) distorts the game; e) is the face of, and leader of, your team; f) does things only great players can do. The only franchise guy the Raps ever had was Carter when he was young and before he quit on the team. Bosh was really, really good but he never made other players better and he never made the Raptors a winner. McGrady... arguable, but certanly not when he was here. The current roster has no one who even comes close to being an All-Star, let alone an elite player, let alone a franchise cornerstone.
                      My bad, I'm still waiting on my copy of "NBA Francise Players 101: The Air Tight Guide" to arrive the mail.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        I'll never forget how he quit on the team and abandoned the fans and the city but I'll also never forget this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ma-03aeIE

For the posters who started watching Raptor ball in the last 5 or 6 years, here is what the team's franchise player should be able to do.
                        Lol this is deja vu. I was just playing My player mode on nba 2k11 and i'm a PG for the raptors and they kept feeding me the ball and i hit around 7 3's against orlando shooting 100% from behind the arc. Too bad we played shit D and lost the game.

Comment

NO franchaise player yet on the Raptors, hopefully in this years draft.

Comment

goldenboy78 wrote: View Post
                            no franchaise player yet on the raptors, hopefully in this years draft.
                            hopefully

Comment

NO franchaise player yet on the Raptors, hopefully in this years draft.
                              My fingers are crossed for that to happen!
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

NO franchise player yet on the Raptors, hopefully in this years draft.
                                Amen. We need to move up in this darft if we don't have #1 or #2 picks. BC has to make a move.

Comment

Working...
                                X