X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    jd4 wrote: View Post
    Great idea but only if we can sign him for a lot less than what he's making now. Maybe a 2-3 year deal at about 2.5 to 3 million per year.
    There is no way you can get him for that price. I think the cheapest you can get Evans is a 4 year deal worth 16 million.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    I would love to keep Reggie at the vet minimum or just over that amount, something in the 1.4 to 1.6 mil range.

Leave a comment:

• jd4
    replied
    Great idea but only if we can sign him for a lot less than what he's making now. Maybe a 2-3 year deal at about 2.5 to 3 million per year. He also needs to understand that he may have to accept less playing time so that Amir and Ed can continue to grow and develop. I love Reggie but what you're seeing now is probably the peak of his abilities. He's 31 and given the way he has played so hard during his career, the physical punishment he's absorbed will eventually catch up to him. He's fine in limited spurts but over the long haul, his body simply can't take it anymore. If some contender, like a Miami or a Chicago, offers him a bigger deal, we need to let him go. Same thing applies to Barbosa and Calderon. Great guys but far too overpaid for what they bring to the table. If their contracts were half their current size, they'd be great to keep as mentors to our young core.

Leave a comment:

• chrischris
    replied
    The real question is: Do the Raps make the playoffs if Reggie doesn't get hurt?

Leave a comment:

• chrischris
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I think this is a great news specially if we can sign him for 4.5-5 million a year. This way, we can trade Amir for a first round Pick ( I am not sure if we can but since you guys think he is so talented and has a reasonable contract then we should be able to ).

We can move that first round pick and ours to move up in the trade and get our PG of the future.
    Horrible idea. Keep Amir. If he keeps growing like he has, you will regret this thought

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I think this is a great news specially if we can sign him for 4.5-5 million a year. This way, we can trade Amir for a first round Pick ( I am not sure if we can but since you guys think he is so talented and has a reasonable contract then we should be able to ).

We can move that first round pick and ours to move up in the trade and get our PG of the future.
    Keep dreaming.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    started a topic Reggie Evans wants to stay

Reggie Evans wants to stay

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...g-raptors-team

I think this is a positive thing for the raptors. What do you guys think do you like the fact that he wants to stay?
Working...
X