Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Evans wants to stay

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...g-raptors-team

I think this is a positive thing for the raptors. What do you guys think do you like the fact that he wants to stay?

I think this is a great news specially if we can sign him for 4.5-5 million a year. This way, we can trade Amir for a first round Pick ( I am not sure if we can but since you guys think he is so talented and has a reasonable contract then we should be able to ).

We can move that first round pick and ours to move up in the trade and get our PG of the future.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      I think this is a great news specially if we can sign him for 4.5-5 million a year. This way, we can trade Amir for a first round Pick ( I am not sure if we can but since you guys think he is so talented and has a reasonable contract then we should be able to ).

We can move that first round pick and ours to move up in the trade and get our PG of the future.
      Keep dreaming.

Comment

Horrible idea. Keep Amir. If he keeps growing like he has, you will regret this thought

Comment

The real question is: Do the Raps make the playoffs if Reggie doesn't get hurt?

Comment

Great idea but only if we can sign him for a lot less than what he's making now. Maybe a 2-3 year deal at about 2.5 to 3 million per year. He also needs to understand that he may have to accept less playing time so that Amir and Ed can continue to grow and develop. I love Reggie but what you're seeing now is probably the peak of his abilities. He's 31 and given the way he has played so hard during his career, the physical punishment he's absorbed will eventually catch up to him. He's fine in limited spurts but over the long haul, his body simply can't take it anymore. If some contender, like a Miami or a Chicago, offers him a bigger deal, we need to let him go. Same thing applies to Barbosa and Calderon. Great guys but far too overpaid for what they bring to the table. If their contracts were half their current size, they'd be great to keep as mentors to our young core.

Comment

I would love to keep Reggie at the vet minimum or just over that amount, something in the 1.4 to 1.6 mil range.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                Great idea but only if we can sign him for a lot less than what he's making now. Maybe a 2-3 year deal at about 2.5 to 3 million per year.
                There is no way you can get him for that price. I think the cheapest you can get Evans is a 4 year deal worth 16 million.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Keep dreaming.
                  why ??!! You don't think we can get a 1st round pick for him !! Have some Faith

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
                    The real question is: Do the Raps make the playoffs if Reggie doesn't get hurt?
                    No. Not even close. And I hope Toronto doesn't sign Evans. He is not worth what he is going to get this summer. He is horrible on offense, and only mediocre on defense. All he really does is rebound. Both Amir and Ed Davis are much better players, and improving every year.
                    Last edited by MattyG-Ray; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 09:43 PM.
                    I Am Shutup

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
                      Horrible idea. Keep Amir. If he keeps growing like he has, you will regret this thought
                      If moving him means that we can get the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft and STAR player , then I don't thin people would regret it. Plus, we have a young big man named Ed Davis who can do everything that Amir does BUT better coming next year.

My man Davis is the future PF of this team.

Comment

If moving him means that we can get the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft and STAR player , then I don't thin people would regret it. Plus, we have a young big man named Ed Davis who can do everything that Amir does BUT better coming next year.

My man Davis is the future PF of this team.
                        While I agree that Davis could be the future PF of the team...I think it would be a mistake to trade Amir this year/off season. Give him another year and let him raise his own value. It will also let you see what Davis can do with another year before making a decision. There is room for both of them. Unless Reggie gets signed...

Comment

At some damn point and time you have to stick with some of your best players and not just hopeful talent. We cannot have an entire lineup filled with potential. At some positions must be the kind of veteran leadership that can bring about more consistency. And when struggles happen in games, it is often the veterans that allow a team to get through it easier and quicker.

I am a fan of Amir. He's only 23. With him really only in his 3rd season of actual playing time. We know Ed Davis is not going anywhere. Does this mean there is no spot for Evans? He has connected with Raptors fans in a unique way. He brings a "force of nature" kind of game to the floor that is rare around these parts. One of the reasons for his popularity. It is not unreasonable popularity. Fans KNOW that he is doing the right thing.

Look at our team. We have a Centre that can play the PF position. With certain lineups Davis can continue to get minutes at Centre. We have the room to make this situation work. And it gives us some needed depth at one position. But if we let him walk away we are assuming that he will continue to break down. A few less minutes might add to longevity. And a player wanting to come back is worth quite a lot.
                          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Keeping Reggie makes little to no sense unless he can be signed for cheap and used primarily as a practice player to teach / toughen up the young bigs. Reggie Evans is, at best, a 3rd or 4th big on a playoff team. His lack of offense would ruin any team that would play him significant minutes in a 7-game series.

I love his hustle and his heart, but signing him to a 4-year contract at this stage of his career would be a mistake.

Comment

2 years. $10 million.
                              “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Working...
                              X