No announcement yet.

Reggie Evans wants to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, why would you move Amir to keep Reggie Evans? I love Reggie's heart, but he is not very good. He is the definition of one dimensional game. I think we should develop Amir and Ed. Let them split the time at PF.

If Reggie would accept a veterans minimum (which I doubt he would), I would keep him. He would also have to accept he is not a rotational player.

As for Amir, he is part of our future. I wasn't a fan of him last year, but he has convinced me he is a valuable piece on this team. Fair contract for his talents, young, and great personality. True team player.

I'm not sure we should put complete faith on Ed's potential and future with this team. I don't know about anyone else, but he really doesn't look to happy to be here. He looked pissed that he was drafted to Toronto, and I don't see much enthusiasm about this team. I know he has a low key, non bubbly personality, but I don't sense a good vibe that he sees himself here.

Don't get me wrong. I love the fact Reggie loves Toronto. I like the guy, but i think he just doesn't fit into the rotation. Our money should be spent on the SF and PG position. Or if we could some how get Tyson Chandler to finally come here, I would be all for that.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
      So he's a good first big off the bench for some playoff teams, but we do not have a spot for him? That makes no sense. No one here has been advocating he starts. But 16-20 minutes. Large boards and steals. Presence. And high energy.
      Never said he doesn't have a spot on the Raptors, but saying that he's a starter on a playoff team is beyond ridiculous.

Employee wrote: View Post
      Who was the starting PF for the last 3 bulls titles? All he could do is rebound and play defense.
      That really doesn't prove anything, seeing as Rodman was one of the best rebounders and defenders to play at PF.

Oh, and Michael Jordan.
      Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Mar 25, 2011, 05:02 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post

That really doesn't prove anything, seeing as Rodman was one of the best rebounders and defenders to play at PF.

Oh, and Michael Jordan.
        Who's Michael Jordan?

I don't think he should start either but there's tons of playoff teams throughout the years that have had one-dimensional players on their starting lineup. You only have to be really good at one thing to have a job in the NBA.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think we can keep Reggie pretty easily if we don't sign another center. A four big rotation is not bad and it gives us some cushion if anyone gets hurt. I don't get why everyone is worried about how much money we give him, we are in the middle of a rebuild and are probably a couple of seasons away from looking to sign any big free agents, so why not keep Reggie around. I doesn't matter how much we pay him, we have a tonne of cap and as long as it's not something ridiculous it's not a big deal. It would be different if we had someone raring to go at the back up five spot, but right now there is no reason not to keep him.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            Who was the starting PF for the last 3 bulls titles? All he could do is rebound and play defense.
            That's 2 dimensions...

Rodman doesn't get enough credit for the things he did well. He was an excellent passer who knew his team's sets and how to find people in the triangle. He was a solid finisher around the rim with either hand and even had a jumper he could call on when needed. And he was an elite defender, something Reggie certainly is not. Yes their rebounding numbers were comparable for this one single year, but keep in mind that Rodman put up his numbers on Bulls teams that featured Jordan and Pippen, two excellent rebounders for their positions; Reggie is pulling down boards alongside players like Bargs and DeRozan.

As an added bonus, did you know that Rodman's lowest WS/48 was .110 (before his last two years in the league, which hardly count at 37 and 38 years old). Reggie has never topped Rodman's lowest in his career.

They're not on the same level at all.

Look, I love the guy too, but why pay him significant money when his minutes NEED to be going to Ed Davis and Amir Johnson for the club to improve?

Comment

I don't think we can afford him honestly. He is not part of the Raps future at $4-5M especially on a short term contract, where we don't expect much winning anytime soon. Unless we ship one of Ed/Amir, and I don't see that happening.

Do I want him to stay for cheap? Absolutely. I would love for him to be our vet big to mentor the young ones. Do I think he will turn down a few million bucks from a playoff team to stay in TO for the last years of his prime? No.

Comment

I rather see more time for Amir and Ed. I love Reggie's heart and rebounding but I feel that Amir and Ed are better players overall with much more potential going forward.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I think we can keep Reggie pretty easily if we don't sign another center. A four big rotation is not bad and it gives us some cushion if anyone gets hurt. I don't get why everyone is worried about how much money we give him, we are in the middle of a rebuild and are probably a couple of seasons away from looking to sign any big free agents, so why not keep Reggie around. I doesn't matter how much we pay him, we have a tonne of cap and as long as it's not something ridiculous it's not a big deal. It would be different if we had someone raring to go at the back up five spot, but right now there is no reason not to keep him.
                  Well said. Full agreement.

PS: And no he cannot be compared to Rodman.
                  “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Working...
                  X