Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsss
    replied
    As a 4th or 5th big, the best rebounder in the game, the most favourite locker room player and the toughest player on the squad. Where do I sign-up?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Scarsville wrote: View Post
    Sorry but you don't make much sense....Reggie Evans in a 7 game series would kill the opposing PF! Imagine having to battle with Reggie for 7 games!!! and seriously, a practice player??? get outta here...come on man the dude is one of the best rebounders in the game right now!! he plays good D, and wears out the opposing player...practice player...you're retarded
    Evans' last playoff series (08/09) - MPG: 7.2; FG: .222; RPG: 2.0; PPG: 1.4. Dude couldn't even get off the bench.

Ed Davis, next year, will be a much better player than Evans - I could make a case he's already better. Amir is a much better player. In any case, it isn't a big deal - if you want Evans you'll get him for whatever the vet minimum is next year.

Leave a comment:

• teoserio
    replied
    For a veteran contract (2M or less) I'll keep him. He is important in the locker room for the younger

Leave a comment:

• Madman
    replied
    of course he does, its going to be impossible for him to find another job after the lockout, what team wants a guy who is just a rebounder

Leave a comment:

• Scarsville
    replied
    Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Keeping Reggie makes little to no sense unless he can be signed for cheap and used primarily as a practice player to teach / toughen up the young bigs. Reggie Evans is, at best, a 3rd or 4th big on a playoff team. His lack of offense would ruin any team that would play him significant minutes in a 7-game series.

I love his hustle and his heart, but signing him to a 4-year contract at this stage of his career would be a mistake.
    Sorry but you don't make much sense....Reggie Evans in a 7 game series would kill the opposing PF! Imagine having to battle with Reggie for 7 games!!! and seriously, a practice player??? get outta here...come on man the dude is one of the best rebounders in the game right now!! he plays good D, and wears out the opposing player...practice player...you're retarded

Oh and one last thing....3rd or 4th big on a playoff team?....pretty sure he would be the starting PF on Orlando, or Atlanta(move Smith back to SF), or Miami (move bosh to the 5), and I'm sure there are others....Not all playoff teams have 5 all-stars! some actually don't have a good PF!
    Last edited by Scarsville; Fri Mar 25, 2011, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    It's nice to hear a player say they want to stay in toronto but c'mon guys. He's not that good.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
    At some damn point and time you have to stick with some of your best players and not just hopeful talent. We cannot have an entire lineup filled with potential. At some positions must be the kind of veteran leadership that can bring about more consistency. And when struggles happen in games, it is often the veterans that allow a team to get through it easier and quicker.

I am a fan of Amir. He's only 23. With him really only in his 3rd season of actual playing time. We know Ed Davis is not going anywhere. Does this mean there is no spot for Evans? He has connected with Raptors fans in a unique way. He brings a "force of nature" kind of game to the floor that is rare around these parts. One of the reasons for his popularity. It is not unreasonable popularity. Fans KNOW that he is doing the right thing.

Look at our team. We have a Centre that can play the PF position. With certain lineups Davis can continue to get minutes at Centre. We have the room to make this situation work. And it gives us some needed depth at one position. But if we let him walk away we are assuming that he will continue to break down. A few less minutes might add to longevity. And a player wanting to come back is worth quite a lot.
    And just to add to that, it was the veterans, on both our team and the Suns team, that kept the game alive, when we played them. We gotta remember that the importance of having a few vets on your team is that, for one, they KNOW the refs a bit better, they know the players on other teams (that are sometimes vets, too) better and how they play. A man like Jose, Barbosa and Reggie can tell you how to guard the All-Star players a bit better than a Rook' who's guessing and trying to figure it out. The vets know the tricks other veteran players do to get calls, too, and THAT is key when playing the likes of Pierce, Kobe, Stephen Jackson, Wade, LBJ and others that will hook your arm while doing a lay-up or shot, thus, getting the call because it looked like a foul. I've seen that MANY times, over the years, to rookies and sophs and I've seen them lose courage during a game because of it. It's called Mental Toughness. A roster full of rooks and sophs, will not succeed if they don't have that. It could take years for a whole team to develop that. Especially, if EVERY year we blow up our roster. Jus sayin.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    I don't see any team out there offering Reggie a 3 or 4 year deal. The guy turns 31 in a month and has had two back to back seasons with huge time missed due to injury. If he wants a longer term contract he will sign for cheap so that he can stick around the league for a few years, if he want a 1 year deal at 4 mil he may find a team to give it to him, but not the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• bloodyhandedgod
    replied
    2 years. $10 million.

Leave a comment:

• Nine New Faces
    replied
    Keeping Reggie makes little to no sense unless he can be signed for cheap and used primarily as a practice player to teach / toughen up the young bigs. Reggie Evans is, at best, a 3rd or 4th big on a playoff team. His lack of offense would ruin any team that would play him significant minutes in a 7-game series.

I love his hustle and his heart, but signing him to a 4-year contract at this stage of his career would be a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• bloodyhandedgod
    replied
    At some damn point and time you have to stick with some of your best players and not just hopeful talent. We cannot have an entire lineup filled with potential. At some positions must be the kind of veteran leadership that can bring about more consistency. And when struggles happen in games, it is often the veterans that allow a team to get through it easier and quicker.

I am a fan of Amir. He's only 23. With him really only in his 3rd season of actual playing time. We know Ed Davis is not going anywhere. Does this mean there is no spot for Evans? He has connected with Raptors fans in a unique way. He brings a "force of nature" kind of game to the floor that is rare around these parts. One of the reasons for his popularity. It is not unreasonable popularity. Fans KNOW that he is doing the right thing.

Look at our team. We have a Centre that can play the PF position. With certain lineups Davis can continue to get minutes at Centre. We have the room to make this situation work. And it gives us some needed depth at one position. But if we let him walk away we are assuming that he will continue to break down. A few less minutes might add to longevity. And a player wanting to come back is worth quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• chrischris
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    If moving him means that we can get the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft and STAR player , then I don't thin people would regret it. Plus, we have a young big man named Ed Davis who can do everything that Amir does BUT better coming next year.

My man Davis is the future PF of this team.
    While I agree that Davis could be the future PF of the team...I think it would be a mistake to trade Amir this year/off season. Give him another year and let him raise his own value. It will also let you see what Davis can do with another year before making a decision. There is room for both of them. Unless Reggie gets signed...

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    chrischris wrote: View Post
    Horrible idea. Keep Amir. If he keeps growing like he has, you will regret this thought
    If moving him means that we can get the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft and STAR player , then I don't thin people would regret it. Plus, we have a young big man named Ed Davis who can do everything that Amir does BUT better coming next year.

My man Davis is the future PF of this team.

Leave a comment:

• MattyG-Ray
    replied
    chrischris wrote: View Post
    The real question is: Do the Raps make the playoffs if Reggie doesn't get hurt?
    No. Not even close. And I hope Toronto doesn't sign Evans. He is not worth what he is going to get this summer. He is horrible on offense, and only mediocre on defense. All he really does is rebound. Both Amir and Ed Davis are much better players, and improving every year.
    Last edited by MattyG-Ray; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Keep dreaming.
    why ??!! You don't think we can get a 1st round pick for him !! Have some Faith

Leave a comment:

Working...
X