Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wanna know the deal with JuJu?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...s-138-101?bn=1

I know alot of people are confused as to why JuJu was the only player not to play today (coaches decision) even while players like Ajinca got 20 mins, it seemed like the perfect (yet most horrific game ive ever watched, and i put in effort to watch(being from New Zealand i have to league pass it haha) game to bring in EVERY player usually on the bench and see what they got to show and plead their case for a spot next season.
    But reading this seems as if its evident that JuJu is not happy about his current status on the team, keep reading through the article i linked and decide your own opinions i guess.

JuJu is on strike.

I understand the guy's frustration and they may be justified but he should have still gone out there and played if he was able to instead of acting up.

Comment

He has a "Wright" to be mad, he was the best defensive player on the team and played with a tonne of hustle and his reward was "DNP-CD" for weeks in a row in favor of a guy we traded for and knew little to nothing about in JJ (he's been solid) and Sonny "I Jack Shats" Weems. I think it's a bad career move on his part to not try to get into the game to show his stuff for his next contract, even if it is garbage time but I don't blame him. It has to piss off a guy like Wright that he gets sent to warm the bench while guys like Andrea and Demar who play bad D almost every night, get starters minutes. Then you have to sit and listen to the coach talk about how we need to play better D? Weak Sauce.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I feel he has been inexplicably benched by Triano for no good reason. Wright hustles, defends, brings energy, passes very well, and is a team player. Yet, Triano chooses to play guys like Weems, Calderón, and Bargnani, who don't play a lick of defense on arguably the worst defensive team in the league. Weems and Bargnani especially seem more concerned about how much points they score and could care less about doing the things needed to win. I can see how frustrating that becomes over the course of the season.

Comment

you know what, this is about the only time when something like this is justified and acceptable. Julian earned his minutes to play at the beginning of the season and in my eyes should be starting material but triano for some reason hates the kid. Everyone has been saying why is julian not playing for a long time now, and he choose a game where there was no way of winning to protest the disrespect they are showing him, I am on the "wright" side on this one

Comment

End the season already. Dreadful. The indifference shown by Bargnani and Calderon on the bench in the third was disgusting. Time for Triano to go.

Comment

It was an embarrassing loss, with no one being held accountable. And for this I don't blame Wright one bit for wanting no part of that. To see the guy hustle and try every time he's on the court (even though he makes mistakes), and get no playing time in favor of other guys who are lazy as hell and don't give a rats ass whether the opponent scores or not...

My only theory is he got beef with Triano, or vice versa. He's not part of the future of the Raps or he doesn't want to be here and made that fact known, so there's no real point for Triano to give him minutes. It has to be something internal, because I can't find any reason why he isn't getting any minutes when we are playing this awful.

Accountability is just a word with no meaning for Triano. He kept mentioning it during the start of the season, and giving playing time to guys who are playing well. And yet that's not what he actually does in games. Accountability only applies to end of the bench players like Wright. Bargnani, Calderon, Derozan all get free passes even if they play horrible. If anyone should be held accountable, it's the coach for this godawful defense we have.

Then again we're one step closer to the lottery, so it isn't all bad.

Comment

Yay Points!!!

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                End the season already. Dreadful. The indifference shown by Bargnani and Calderon on the bench in the third was disgusting. Time for Triano to go.
                “We couldn’t keep anybody in front of us the whole game,” said Triano. “We have to be much better guarding on the ball and guarding in our rotations and everything else.”

I don't blame JuJu at all for not lifting his ass off of the bench. At one point, his acquisition was heralded as a very good one (I still believe that he has a place in this team). I understand why Jay benched him because Triano doesn't believe in defence, hustle and heart. He thinks that his team will just outshoot the opponents night in and night out. I feel sorry for JuJu to be honest. He went into a situation where a team needed a 3 and a guy like him and he's stuck at the end of the bench. Maybe he's terrible at practice or has an attitude? I dunno. The franchise is ill to the core and the management is killing its players. It's not just playing time but the dejection that some players feel and the blatant favouritism is just nuts. I'm sure that DeMar is thinking about when his rookie contract is up (so that he can leave this NBA "farm team").
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

alright, that's enough of the terrible puns before i throw up!
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

In what world does an athlete get to tell the Coach he will not go into a game? He should be punished immediately. And not even sit on the bench for the rest of the season. I agree he seems to have been mistreated with no real reason why. But what quality franchise would allow something like this to happen? Hopefully not ours.
                    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

good on wright, why wasn't he given a chance to go in in the first or second quarters where he might actually have had an impact? In my opinion he his holding Triano accountable for his rotation choices.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                        In what world does an athlete get to tell the Coach he will not go into a game? He should be punished immediately. And not even sit on the bench for the rest of the season. I agree he seems to have been mistreated with no real reason why. But what quality franchise would allow something like this to happen? Hopefully not ours.
                        I totally agree he should be punished (not being able to sit on the bench for the rest of the season is a bit over the top imo) but that doesn't mean he still wasn't justified. Even if he is benched, or kicked off it for that matter, it's not like he was getting playing time anyway? This isn't the case of somebody being a diva, it's a case of a player not feeling that his coach respects him, and if i didn't respect my coach i wouldn't want to play for him either. It's fine that he's behind J.J. but that he gets benched for weems garbage. However, I also thinks it's funny that afte the OKC game everybody was sooo high on the raps and now everybody thinks we have to change EVERYTHING immediately. It's funny.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                          Thank you!

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            I totally agree he should be punished (not being able to sit on the bench for the rest of the season is a bit over the top imo) but that doesn't mean he still wasn't justified. Even if he is benched, or kicked off it for that matter, it's not like he was getting playing time anyway? This isn't the case of somebody being a diva, it's a case of a player not feeling that his coach respects him, and if i didn't respect my coach i wouldn't want to play for him either. It's fine that he's behind J.J. but that he gets benched for weems garbage. However, I also thinks it's funny that afte the OKC game everybody was sooo high on the raps and now everybody thinks we have to change EVERYTHING immediately. It's funny.
                            Totally different things. Wright didn't play today and THAT is what the topic is about. The OKC game was hard effort and heart, by the PLAYERS...who the coach holds accountable. But, it's a two way street..players hold the coach accountable, and understandably so.
                            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

The Rawth wrote: View Post
                              http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...s-138-101?bn=1

I know alot of people are confused as to why JuJu was the only player not to play today (coaches decision) even while players like Ajinca got 20 mins, it seemed like the perfect (yet most horrific game ive ever watched, and i put in effort to watch(being from New Zealand i have to league pass it haha) game to bring in EVERY player usually on the bench and see what they got to show and plead their case for a spot next season.
                              But reading this seems as if its evident that JuJu is not happy about his current status on the team, keep reading through the article i linked and decide your own opinions i guess.
                              I am not surprised JuJu did that - if I were in his shoes, I would do the same thing. How come, he is not playing on a team that is in the lottery? Did he sleep with Triano's wife with all the DNP-CDs he got? How come, he gets no minutes as a best perimeter defender on a team that plays no defense and is not even willing to play defense? How come he gets no minutes, when he has contributed to 2 wins this year (Dallas and the Detroit comeback)? Those are the questions, Triano needs to answer. Triano has clearly lost the locker room with the kid glove treatment of Bargs. BC and Triano needs to go before we stop being the joke of this league. When young players like JuJu spit on the franchise with good intention, that is a new low and show me what a new low worse than this is. I'm waiting? None, I thought as much .

Comment

Working...
                              X