Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wright Apologizes for Refusing to Enter Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wright Apologizes for Refusing to Enter Game

    http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/e...=Google+Reader

  • #2
    Great stuff! Awesome to see it being resolved internally in a professional manner.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

    "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

    Comment


    • #3
      Whether or not you agree with his stand and not going into the game it shouldn't have been made public by Triano. He's the one who should be apologizing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why? Coaches call their players out all the time. Triano has nothing to feel bad about there. Wright is at the end of his rookie deal, is entering murky waters and pulls this at the tail end of the season? That right there is dumb. Triano is right to light the guy up in the locker room and the press. When the coach calls your number you check in. Wright doesn't deserve another minute the rest of the way in my opinion. Chance are he's not coming back so let the guys learn the tough on court lessons who want to learn the tough on court lessons.

        Comment


        • #5
          Why is a good question. My answer is because it never would have happened if Triano had healthy communication with Wright. Triano has a huge problem getting his team prepared, motivated and certainly has to take more responsibility than any one player for the pathetic effort in that game. I might agree that Wright goes into the game when his number is called and for Triano to as you say "light the guy up" in the locker room but to throw it out there in the press and damage Wrights reputation is over kill. It only highlights the frustration Jay is feeling for his own inability to contribute what this club needs from a head coach.

          Comment


          • #6
            Wright isn't doing himself any favours by refusing to go into the game. His QO isn't going to be picked up, and by refusing to go into a game, that sends a pretty bad message to teams around the NBA. Because of that, he might find it a bit difficult to find work in the NBA net season.

            Comment


            • #7
              Apollo wrote: View Post
              Why? Coaches call their players out all the time. Triano has nothing to feel bad about there. Wright is at the end of his rookie deal, is entering murky waters and pulls this at the tail end of the season? That right there is dumb. Triano is right to light the guy up in the locker room and the press. When the coach calls your number you check in. Wright doesn't deserve another minute the rest of the way in my opinion. Chance are he's not coming back so let the guys learn the tough on court lessons who want to learn the tough on court lessons.
              It's uncharacteristic of the guy to do something like this, so I think he should get a pass.

              Comment


              • #8
                MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Wright isn't doing himself any favours by refusing to go into the game. His QO isn't going to be picked up, and by refusing to go into a game, that sends a pretty bad message to teams around the NBA. Because of that, he might find it a bit difficult to find work in the NBA net season.
                Let's remember that Wright is a kid in his early twenties. Triano is around twice his age and should be trying to help guide a young guy trying to make it in a tough league. Can't see why a head coach wouldn't talk to him and deal with it internally. Keep it out of the press and instead of damaging a young players reputation earn the players respect by dealing with it professionally.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Why? Coaches call their players out all the time. Triano has nothing to feel bad about there. Wright is at the end of his rookie deal, is entering murky waters and pulls this at the tail end of the season? That right there is dumb. Triano is right to light the guy up in the locker room and the press. When the coach calls your number you check in. Wright doesn't deserve another minute the rest of the way in my opinion. Chance are he's not coming back so let the guys learn the tough on court lessons who want to learn the tough on court lessons.
                  You are so right Joey Dorsey came in and gave his all even though he has not had a lot of playing time if you want to play and learn you will take as many minutes as you can if you want to play....if i was Triano he was not playing the rest of the season seeing how he didnt play against Clippers maybe the trend might continue

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    j bean wrote: View Post
                    Whether or not you agree with his stand and not going into the game it shouldn't have been made public by Triano. He's the one who should be apologizing.
                    He was asked why JuJu didnt play and he told them. Why should he hide what he did? That was downwright disrespect to your coach and your teammates for not playing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      j bean wrote: View Post
                      Let's remember that Wright is a kid in his early twenties. Triano is around twice his age and should be trying to help guide a young guy trying to make it in a tough league. Can't see why a head coach wouldn't talk to him and deal with it internally. Keep it out of the press and instead of damaging a young players reputation earn the players respect by dealing with it professionally.
                      Did he pull that crap when he fell on hard times when he was at Kansas? Even if he's in his early twenties, he's been through the adverse times before. It's not like the guy's 12.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        anyone that thinks Jwright made a mistake but shouldnt be lit up by triano in the locker room and press then your not thinking correctly. how about this, the next time your boss gives you an asignment or task you refuse to do it. see how long you have your job... not going into the game was disrespectful to the entire organization IMO. im sure there is alot of games some players dont want to finishbecause it a blowout... who cares, finish it off and move on. bad move on Wrights part, its changes my perspective about him as a player, dont want him back.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          the only way i can sum up this situation

                          Triano : says its to late to apologize
                          Wright : says cry me a river

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            "Hey, rest of team, I know we're getting our asses kicked, but I'm really upset with my lack of playing time so I'm not going to participate in this game that you guys are losing so badly. I'm above sharing the pain because my needs are greater than the team's. So you guys finish this one out and I'll take a pass so I don't have to shoulder any of the responsibility for the loss. When the press are sh*tting all over you guys for this horrible game, I'll get no blame, because - whew - luckily, I had nothing to do with it. I have a different concept of team than you guys, that's all. I'm sure you'll understand."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              It's uncharacteristic of the guy to do something like this, so I think he should get a pass.
                              Is it? Or is it that he hasn't had enough opportunities to date to develop such a trend? I don't know but I'm sure this is a question teams will be asking themselves this coming summer.

                              t_rapsfan24 wrote: View Post
                              You are so right Joey Dorsey came in and gave his all even though he has not had a lot of playing time if you want to play and learn you will take as many minutes as you can if you want to play....if i was Triano he was not playing the rest of the season seeing how he didnt play against Clippers maybe the trend might continue
                              Totally and Dorsey is a smart guy. He's a free agent this coming summer and he hasn't been getting regular minutes but the minutes he has received he's gone out there and busted his butt and been productive. He's established himself as a reliable end of the bench role player who will show up if his number is only called once a month or if he's needed for a stretch of games. I hope Dorsey is back next year. You can park him at the end of the bench in a suit all year but as soon as there's an injury you know he'll be ready to play and give the team something. He's so underrated.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X