Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introcollapse
    replied
    Raptors fans need to STOP with this unwarranted Wright love. Talk to any Hornets fan; this is standard fare for Wright. He's lazy, unmotivated, incredibly inconsistent and doesn't love basketball. He just happens to be tall and okay at it.

Send him back to Illinois. I don't want him here. Any player that refuses to sub into a game (without reasonable cause, anyway) has no place here.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Wright was disciplined, to the point where it raised eyebrows with some of his teammates quelling the idea that others could pull the same stunt without fear of retribution.
    I am starting to think there is little to no doubt that Andrea is gone. I'm purely speculating but I can't see who else that comment would be directed at.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Thank you.

I love this part of the article:
    Wright was disciplined, to the point where it raised eyebrows with some of his teammates quelling the idea that others could pull the same stunt without fear of retribution.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Can someone post a recap of the Fan590 interview? I can't view it at work.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...es_on_raptors/

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Can someone post a recap of the Fan590 interview? I can't view it at work.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...28_104620_6424

BC talks about Julian Wright incident.

Leave a comment:

• albertan_10
    replied
    I believe Triano was asked about why Wright was never put in and he answered the question. He didn't "call anyone out" he just answered a question.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Dorsey is a pro. He is the number one PF on my third string if I am the GM.

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    I toally agree.BRING DORSEY BACK!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    It's uncharacteristic of the guy to do something like this, so I think he should get a pass.
    Is it? Or is it that he hasn't had enough opportunities to date to develop such a trend? I don't know but I'm sure this is a question teams will be asking themselves this coming summer.

t_rapsfan24 wrote: View Post
    You are so right Joey Dorsey came in and gave his all even though he has not had a lot of playing time if you want to play and learn you will take as many minutes as you can if you want to play....if i was Triano he was not playing the rest of the season seeing how he didnt play against Clippers maybe the trend might continue
    Totally and Dorsey is a smart guy. He's a free agent this coming summer and he hasn't been getting regular minutes but the minutes he has received he's gone out there and busted his butt and been productive. He's established himself as a reliable end of the bench role player who will show up if his number is only called once a month or if he's needed for a stretch of games. I hope Dorsey is back next year. You can park him at the end of the bench in a suit all year but as soon as there's an injury you know he'll be ready to play and give the team something. He's so underrated.

Leave a comment:

• OTFP
    replied
    "Hey, rest of team, I know we're getting our asses kicked, but I'm really upset with my lack of playing time so I'm not going to participate in this game that you guys are losing so badly. I'm above sharing the pain because my needs are greater than the team's. So you guys finish this one out and I'll take a pass so I don't have to shoulder any of the responsibility for the loss. When the press are sh*tting all over you guys for this horrible game, I'll get no blame, because - whew - luckily, I had nothing to do with it. I have a different concept of team than you guys, that's all. I'm sure you'll understand."

Leave a comment:

• DunkinDerozan
    replied
    the only way i can sum up this situation

Triano : says its to late to apologize
    Wright : says cry me a river

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    anyone that thinks Jwright made a mistake but shouldnt be lit up by triano in the locker room and press then your not thinking correctly. how about this, the next time your boss gives you an asignment or task you refuse to do it. see how long you have your job... not going into the game was disrespectful to the entire organization IMO. im sure there is alot of games some players dont want to finishbecause it a blowout... who cares, finish it off and move on. bad move on Wrights part, its changes my perspective about him as a player, dont want him back.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    j bean wrote: View Post
    Let's remember that Wright is a kid in his early twenties. Triano is around twice his age and should be trying to help guide a young guy trying to make it in a tough league. Can't see why a head coach wouldn't talk to him and deal with it internally. Keep it out of the press and instead of damaging a young players reputation earn the players respect by dealing with it professionally.
    Did he pull that crap when he fell on hard times when he was at Kansas? Even if he's in his early twenties, he's been through the adverse times before. It's not like the guy's 12.

Leave a comment:

• t_rapsfan24
    replied
    j bean wrote: View Post
    Whether or not you agree with his stand and not going into the game it shouldn't have been made public by Triano. He's the one who should be apologizing.
    He was asked why JuJu didnt play and he told them. Why should he hide what he did? That was downwright disrespect to your coach and your teammates for not playing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X