PG or SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG or SF?

For the longest time I felt the biggest need was SF (barring not being able to get Irving) but since the aquisition of JJ and the incredibly strong play of Knight I'm beginning to rethink things. Outside of Barnes I think id take Burks over say, Perry Jones or T. Jones.

You?
    @sweatpantsjer

I think that we should not set our sites on filling one position or the other. If we get lucky and get the top pick we more than likely will take Irving. If we don't pick first and Irving is off the board and we have the choice of Barnes or Knight I think it will come down to who had the better workouts and out preformed the competition.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

no Kemba?
      Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

I really like Kemba but I don't know how he'll do against the PG's in the NBA, especially considering how much bigger the majority of them are. I'm not saying he's going to fail I just like Knight and Burks more at the NBA level.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Especially in the East. Facing the Roses, Rondos and Billups' out there every night.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wall, potentially Irving and Paul. Good lord. It's nauseating when you think about it.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

huskies2raps wrote: View Post
              no Kemba?
              If we are picking in the top 4-5 I think it is to high for Kemba, I would rather Irving and Barnes, and Even Knight is showing a good two way game and has nice size for the PG spot. I also need to look at a couple of Euros are getting high praise, as well as Williams from Arizona.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

How about a Center? I've been batting the idea around in my head of drafting a guy like Kanter (from what I see, a true Center). Then trade Bargs (and whatever else) for a PG (ideally Rubio) that is the same age as Derozan and Davis (if that's who we are building the team around).
                It seems that Colangelo is trying to acquire a group of guys that are from the 2009 and 2008 draft class. Keep the name Avery Bradley in the back of your minds as well... Colangelo seems to keep a list of guys he was interested in at the draft close to the phone.

Comment

JJ is not the answer for SF. He belongs to the bench and the 2nd unit. We need to move Amir for SF and use Draft for PG.

Comment

If you are talking about the Draft take the best player available that isn't a SG or PF. If your talking about signing or trading for SF ... we have a good PG.
                    Last edited by YoungGuns; Mon Mar 28, 2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I think it comes back to the principle of "best player available"

I'd like to see how Barnes measures out (length, speed, vert jump etc) and how he does in workouts. But if all that checks out, I'd put Barnes ahead of Knight, based on his head for the game and the fact that he has basically been the best SF/SG in his age group his whole life. If his measurements are at least average, he should be a good bet in the NBA.

Knight is definitely high on my draft board though. I know its not good to get hung up on one thing, but I cant get over how long he is (in terms of just physique, he looks like Rondo). And he is a knock down shooter. Those two aspects alone make him so damn valuable.

You sure Burks is a PG though?

Also I think you're sleeping on Valanciunas a bit. Based on clips and what Givony of DX says about the guy, he looks really good. Will have to see how he measures out and looks against competition too, but if its all good, I would take the chance to lockup that frontcourt (Davis + Valanciunas). Next year's draft is full of SF (Quincy Miller) too.

Comment

Jonas is far and away my top big man, but I don't feel it's a pressing need right now, even if Bargs leaves. Frankly there's a couple FA/RFA's out there I'd rather overpay for.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How about we take whoever's the best at that possible time, regardless of position? Last time I checked, there were no franchise players, all-stars or 1st/2nd/3rd team NBA players on our squad.

Comment

Yeah I see Burks as a Westbrook type PG. Not much of a shooter in college (Westbrook, Rose) but you can develop that. It's his creativity when driving and getting into the paint I'm high on.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dude, look at Ty Lawson, hes like Kemba's size , and hes taking fools out. But I rather get Knight because hes clutch and he got size.
                              Last edited by e2thed; Mon Mar 28, 2011, 01:07 PM.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X