5 Steps To Fixing The Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Steps To Fixing The Raptors

This is front page on HoopsWorld.com right now.

I won't post the article in it's entirety, just the points. Click the source link at the bottom to read the write up.

1. New Ownership
    2. Extend President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo
    3. Make a Coaching Decision
    4. Lower the Player Turnover Rate
    5. The Bargnani Decision
    The Fix

The Toronto Raptors need to get their ownership situation resolved as quickly as possible. Failure to get Colangelo's name on a new contract gives teams like New York the opportunity to poach the Raptors President while they dither. Without a GM in place for next season, important decisions about coaching, the draft, and which players to build around or trade become unnecessarily ponderous and inaction can become as devastating as actually making a mistake.

More than anything after five seasons of change the Raptors need some stability. Keeping their young core together and extending Colangelo would be a good place to start. A rebuilding program requires patience.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

These are the best parts

"Keeping the 25-year-old Bargnani is the safe decision unless Colangelo receives an exceptional offer."

"More than anything after five seasons of change the Raptors need some stability. Keeping their young core together and extending Colangelo would be a good place to start. A rebuilding program requires patience."

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      These are the best parts

"Keeping the 25-year-old Bargnani is the safe decision unless Colangelo receives an exceptional offer."
      I agree 100%. After the beating that AB got from the Toronto Media and fans, his stock is at all time Low. Keep him, get a coach who has a good defensive background and a PG and SG that can actually defend because neither Jose or DD can do that.

As far as extending offer to BC, my answer is Hell NOOO, What has he done to deserve another long term commitment from Raptors ?

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        I agree 100%. After the beating that AB got from the Toronto Media and fans, his stock is at all time Low. Keep him, get a coach who has a good defensive background and a PG and SG that can actually defend because neither Jose or DD can do that.

As far as extending offer to BC, my answer is Hell NOOO, What has he done to deserve another long term commitment from Raptors ?
        He is in YEAR 1 of a rebuild...I repeat YEAR 1.

First step in a rebuild, get a HIGH draft pick and clear cap space, I think he has DONE BOTH VERY WELL

Comment

He is in YEAR 1 of a rebuild...I repeat YEAR 1.

First step in a rebuild, get a HIGH draft pick and clear cap space, I think he has DONE BOTH VERY WELL
          This is not how the real world works my friend. He is in the first year of rebuild, because he F**ed UP in the last 4 years.
          This is like I crap on my project at work all year, then want to start from scratch and tell me boss, look, I am doing my great job now designing the system so give me a bonus.

He failed to make anything significant happen in Toronto for over 4 years. WHY should I TRUST him with Rebuild ?

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            This is not how the real world works my friend. He is in the first year of rebuild, because he F**ed UP in the last 4 years.
            This is like I crap on my project at work all year, then want to start from scratch and tell me boss, look, I am doing my great job now designing the system so give me a bonus.

He failed to make anything significant happen in Toronto for over 4 years. WHY should I TRUST him with Rebuild ?
            The consensus when BC arrived was he needed to BUILD AROUND BOSH, which he tried DESPERATELY to do.

MLSE, media, you name it, CB was the darling.

The only mistake I think BC made was NOT trading Bosh, I personally dont like Bosh, and never did, but I am in the minority.

Comment

The consensus when BC arrived was he needed to BUILD AROUND BOSH, which he tried DESPERATELY to do.

MLSE, media, you name it, CB was the darling.

The only mistake I think BC made was NOT trading Bosh, I personally dont like Bosh, and never did, but I am in the minority.
              This.

You guys should also keep in mind this is BCs team. New GM = New mind set and he will want to bring his type of player. That would pretty much destroy the rebuild and we'll have th same situation that BC was in when he first came here. Try to build with other people pieces (we all saw how that turned out...) or try to get rid of everyone and rebuild from scratch again which will take a long ass time. You can pretty much forget the Raptors for the next 5 year (at the least) if that happens.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                This.

You guys should also keep in mind this is BCs team. New GM = New mind set and he will want to bring his type of player. That would pretty much destroy the rebuild and we'll have th same situation that BC was in when he first came here. Try to build with other people pieces (we all saw how that turned out...) or try to get rid of everyone and rebuild from scratch again which will take a long ass time. You can pretty much forget the Raptors for the next 5 year (at the least) if that happens.
                Disagree.

Ed Davis will be great. DD will possibly be great. James Johnson is good. If we can resign Reg, keep Barbo, draft high.

Raps have a good future ahead of us, even Chuck Barkley said so, and his drunk ass is never wrong

Comment

No, only when he's getting caught hitting on under aged girls or being busted for DUIs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    No, only when he's getting caught hitting on under aged girls or being busted for DUIs.
                    LOL, he's a great role model.

I must say I love how he hates on the big 3.

So, for the record, C Webb and Mchale also think we have a bright future and they love Ed and DD

Comment

McHale, I respect his opinion a little more no matter his struggles as an executive. He has a good sense of humor too by the way.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        McHale, I respect his opinion a little more no matter his struggles as an executive. He has a good sense of humor too by the way.
                        Mchale is a quality analyst and was a great talent. Shite exec.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day when I heard DD and davis were who we were going to build around. Why are we building around players and not concepts like playing some defense.

Comment

How do you know they're not planning on building around the concept of defense with those two guys at the center?

Comment

would have been nice to hear it, you what i mean

Comment

Working...
                              X