Raptors Climbing The Inverted Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I thought Joey Graham was a bad pick from the get go. He was a raw 24 year old that didn't do anything particularly well. The sad thing was that I predicted that pick because Babcock had a history of being mezmorized by guys who have good combine results, and Joey was one of most athletic players in the draft. Unfortunately, he had very few skills.
    Job well done then Tim but you were a small minority. Also he entered the league at 23.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Job well done then Tim but you were a small minority. Also he entered the league at 23.
      Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't a small minority. I recall reading quite a few who wondered whether he was anything more than an athlete.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Im pretty sure most people were saying he was a top 10 pick and were shocked when the raps drafted Charlie V over him and even more shocked when he fell to our second first round pick.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

That's exactly what I remember. High praises for Joey Graham and high praise for Babcock getting him there even though he "messed up" his first pick. I don't remember anybody in the media criticizing the drafting of Joey Graham when that stuff was taking place.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Im pretty sure most people were saying he was a top 10 pick and were shocked when the raps drafted Charlie V over him and even more shocked when he fell to our second first round pick.
            I do remember that he was projected to go higher but, quite frankly, I didn't like either of the picks. I was horrified when Babcock passed on Granger not once but twice. Even with the medical concerns, I'd rather have taken a chance on Granger than on either of those two. Of course, that was nothing to what I felt when I heard Utah had moved up to the third pick with less than what the Raptors could have offered. I've never agreed with the notion of trading down, especially if you have a top 3 pick in a good draft. Sometimes you get lucky, but most of the time you just miss out on a better player. I'd much rather get the better player than two lesser players. You don't win with depth, you win with talent.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors are now tied for second worst in the league. If the season ended today, MIN and SAC would have all their ball combinations combined and split so they would be 1.5 each in the lottery and TOR and WSH would have all the balls combined and split so they would be 3.5 each.

A top 3 pick will make me smile.

Comment

Standings As At Apr. 6/11

Comment

If we end up with the #1 pick Apollo said he'd take us all out for wings.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

LOL Do you work for the NY Post by any chance, ceez?

Comment

I took journalism at Ryerson?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You'd think my grammar and spelling would be significantly better but that's sadly not the case.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Well, with only 3 games remaining for MIN, CLE, TOR, WSH, SAC, and NJ:

the worst the Raps can do with the ball combinations is 6th assuming they win their last 3 and NJ loses their last 3.

the best the Raps can do is third as MIN and CLE both have 17 wins and TOR has 21.

I hope WSH goes 3-0 over their last games and TOR goes 2-1. Go Wizards - wooo!

Comment

The Wizards win! The Wizards win!

We're third worst! We're third worst!

1a) MIN
                            1b) CLE
                            3) TOR
                            4) WSH

Comment

The poor guidance of Jay Triano has the Raptors playing some of the worse ball in franchise history. He has the team surging up the inverted standings like few before him. I'm sure we're going to get a few Jay f-bombs in the traditional end of season interviews.

The Wiz are really choking down the stretch here. I mean they're only dressing nine men right now, the tank seems to be on and they're still winning games.

Comment

Working...
                              X