Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anyone listen to hoops on the fan590 last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did anyone listen to hoops on the fan590 last night?

they had james johnson on and he said"the raptors will become better when different groups on the team actually start coming together"
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

found it a little interesting that he said that, just curious to know who is beefing on the rap lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

I missed it, any more to the comment than that?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Who's beefing? Lets start with Wright...not that he doesnt have a case without us really knowing what is really happening behind the scenes and Sonny too (not enough play time). Its not surprising considering all the losses it doesnt do anyone's career any good including the coaches.

Comment

I don't think guys are beefing. I think that there are different cliques in the clubhouse, that's all.

Comment

Demar has kinda looked pissed these last couple games, any coincidence?

Comment

Honestly, look at their win-loss record. Divisions will start to occur, in fighting, angst, etc. It's just natural. If they had 50 wins you wouldnt hear about any beef.

Comment

I think that a horrible season, inconsistent lineups/rotations and the fact that at least 1/3 of the roster knows they aren't wanted back is finally starting to show.

For all the negatives that can be said against Triano and his staff (and much of it rightfully so), I do give them credit for keeping this young, inexperienced, injured, losing team competitive on most nights for a good 85% of the season.

They've had their ups-and-downs, individually and collectively, but I look at Davis, DeRozan, Bargnani and Johnson and am happy with the overall progress they've all made through the course of this horrible season. Do they all have areas that still need significant improvement before they can be considered fully legit starters, of course, but I believe they have each gotten better than where they were at the start of the season. Davis has gotten playing time and has shown great natural instincts and ability to defend and finish in close. DeRozan's jump shot has improved and he's shown vastly improved willingness to assert himself as a main offensive focal point, compared to the way he was happy just to be on the court last year. Bargnani has improved his inside game offensively and has shown good vision on the offensive end (anybody else think he would thrive in the Gasol role in a triangle offense?). Before people jump down my throat about me singing praises for these improvements, don't think I am missing the glaring weaknesses each of them still posess ** cough ** defense ** cough ** rebounding ** cough.... lol All I am saying is that for a rebuilding season, our three most recent high draft picks have shown growth and maturity, so it's not a completely lost season.

Comment

If you guys missed click here. You can download all the episodes click here. It's a RSS feed you can put it in a podcast downloader and it'll automatically download the latest episode when it comes out.
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Apr 2, 2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

your comment about derozan in the triangle...I don't know if he is a good fit for that but he needs to play off the ball, when he starts to dribble it gets ugly. I want to see him shoot it or one step to the basket.

I listened to the interview on itunes and am I the only one who hates when these reporters ask the american players their opinion on how great toronto is to some how ease our insecurities. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have no insecurities, I know my city is great if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here and they can get the **** out of my city. just my 2 cents cause I honestly feel disgusted, how can you as a man even ask those types of questions!
                    Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Apr 1, 2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      your comment about derozan in the triangle...I don't know if he is a good fit for that but he needs to play off the ball, when he starts to dribble it gets ugly. I want to see him shoot it or one step to the basket.

I listened to the interview on itunes and am I the only one who hates when these reporters ask the american players their opinion on how great canada is to some how ease our insecurities. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have no insecurities, I know my city is great if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here and they can get the **** out of my city. just my 2 cents cause I honestly feel disgusted, how can you as a man even ask those types of questions!
                      Truer words have never been spoken. It's like the reporters think the players are doing us a "favor" by playin in Canada. I dont care what they think about Canada!

Comment

I think Derozan has been losing his edge along with Amir recently which kind of sucks, that the losing has gotten to them. Weems, Wright, Ajinca are playing/acting like they already know they won't be here next season.

This team really needs to start rallying around Reggie/Jose as those are the vets who need to keep the lockeroom together.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          I don't think guys are beefing. I think that there are different cliques in the clubhouse, that's all.
                          Cliques can form thru slights real or perceived and can be ethnic based or not. Most are very young, in a pressure situation and not quite knowledgeable about the ways of the world/maturity. This team has lacked real internal leadership for quite a while now.

Comment

BArgs, DD even Jose need an inner city boot camp to pick up their defensive abilities. Send them somewhere so they can get the crap beat out of them every day so that they learn to fight on defense. NO more national teams for any Euro. You are paid to play in the NBA and they have to learn to get tougher PERIOD

Comment

Roughhide wrote: View Post
                              Demar has kinda looked pissed these last couple games, any coincidence?
                              Well, last game, when Jack and Devlin were talking about the shirts before the game and how DD got his, Devlin said that it "cheered him up" from how he was earlier in the day. Losing doesn't do a team good. But look at it from Weems's perspective: he's gonna be traded probably and him and DeMar are close. It must piss off DeMar, as well. Or at least make them feel disappointed that they might get split up and the YO'z will be over. If Weems can just play team ball and pass, more, and play better defense, he would be staying, IMO. But, he played himself out of the rotation and possibly from the team.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                              X