Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anyone listen to hoops on the fan590 last night?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I think Derozan has been losing his edge along with Amir recently which kind of sucks, that the losing has gotten to them. Weems, Wright, Ajinca are playing/acting like they already know they won't be here next season.

    This team really needs to start rallying around Reggie/Jose as those are the vets who need to keep the lockeroom together.
    And Barbosa, who's also a veteran on this team, and who HAS been on a winning team and in the playoffs. And has LEAD his team, off the bench, in scoring when heads were down and shoulders slouched. By example.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

    Comment


    • #17
      grindhouse wrote: View Post
      your comment about derozan in the triangle...I don't know if he is a good fit for that but he needs to play off the ball, when he starts to dribble it gets ugly. I want to see him shoot it or one step to the basket.

      I listened to the interview on itunes and am I the only one who hates when these reporters ask the american players their opinion on how great toronto is to some how ease our insecurities. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have no insecurities, I know my city is great if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here and they can get the **** out of my city. just my 2 cents cause I honestly feel disgusted, how can you as a man even ask those types of questions!
      As a journalism student, I disagree. Athletes from all sports have had issues in different places simply because of a difference in culture from what they're used to. It's an important question, and it sometimes gets a great, funny quote.

      I interviewed Jamaal Magloire yesterday for one of my final assignments and I took the opposite route: how did it feel to move to the States and play at Kentucky? I got a great, informative quote from him.

      Reporters and journalists have their jobs for a reason. You may not like some of their questions, but the majority of the public, especially casual fans, love them.
      Joshua Priemski
      NBA blogger
      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
      www.RufusOnFire.com/
      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

      Comment


      • #18
        Introcollapse wrote: View Post
        As a journalism student, I disagree. Athletes from all sports have had issues in different places simply because of a difference in culture from what they're used to. It's an important question, and it sometimes gets a great, funny quote.

        I interviewed Jamaal Magloire yesterday for one of my final assignments and I took the opposite route: how did it feel to move to the States and play at Kentucky? I got a great, informative quote from him.

        Reporters and journalists have their jobs for a reason. You may not like some of their questions, but the majority of the public, especially casual fans, love them.
        asking jamaal about the school he went to during the NCAA tournament is completely different than creating a FALSE perception like we are BEGGING for some of these players to play here. Out of all the questions in the world if a reporter is asking those types of question he has not gone out and done his research. Another thing is Canadian reporters such as yourself create the perception of our culture by the questions you ask and one thing we are not here in toronto or canada for that matter are beggars.

        you becoming a sports writer I suggest you listen to people like Dave Spadaro one of the best interviewers I have heard in a long time. Bob McCown is excellent at convey the feelings of fans here in toronto when it comes to hockey.

        Comment


        • #19
          grindhouse wrote: View Post
          asking jamaal about the school he went to during the NCAA tournament is completely different than creating a FALSE perception like we are BEGGING for some of these players to play here. Out of all the questions in the world if a reporter is asking those types of question he has not gone out and done his research. Another thing is Canadian reporters such as yourself create the perception of our culture by the questions you ask and one thing we are not here in toronto or canada for that matter are beggars.

          you becoming a sports writer I suggest you listen to people like Dave Spadaro one of the best interviewers I have heard in a long time. Bob McCown is excellent at convey the feelings of fans here in toronto when it comes to hockey.
          I'm not suggesting that reporters should suck up to players nor should they seek to massage what you say is an 'insecurity.'

          We look for stories. We ask questions that prompt intriguing responses. Remember when they asked Leandro Barbosa about Canada on media day? His quote about not owning a jacket and needing to sprint to his car in garages was priceless. That's what we look for.

          We know the city is great. We know we're passionate. And yes, that's what most athletes say when asked what they think of Toronto. But that's not the reply we hope to get. We hope to get ones like Barbosa's.
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

          Comment


          • #20
            grindhouse wrote: View Post
            your comment about derozan in the triangle...I don't know if he is a good fit for that but he needs to play off the ball, when he starts to dribble it gets ugly. I want to see him shoot it or one step to the basket.

            I listened to the interview on itunes and am I the only one who hates when these reporters ask the american players their opinion on how great toronto is to some how ease our insecurities. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have no insecurities, I know my city is great if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here and they can get the **** out of my city. just my 2 cents cause I honestly feel disgusted, how can you as a man even ask those types of questions!
            it bothers me 2...obviously the players are going to lie and say they like it here
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

            Comment


            • #21
              i know for a fact guys on the team hate andrea
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

              Comment


              • #22
                Okay, I'll take the bait.....How do you know that for a fact?

                Comment


                • #23
                  CalibreMC wrote: View Post
                  Okay, I'll take the bait.....How do you know that for a fact?
                  Well let's see: the guy shows up once every 5 games to put up POINTS on somewhat efficient shooting. Doesn't really do anything else, yet he's still getting preferential treatment.

                  If I go to work and bust my tail off while the other guy is cruisin in second gear all the time, and he still gets the better shifts then I sure as hell would be pissed too.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    Well let's see: the guy shows up once every 5 games to put up POINTS on somewhat efficient shooting. Doesn't really do anything else, yet he's still getting preferential treatment.

                    If I go to work and bust my tail off while the other guy is cruisin in second gear all the time, and he still gets the better shifts then I sure as hell would be pissed too.
                    could not have said it better my friend, i can bet on the life of my kids that the rest of the team hates andrea lol
                    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I hate to have to play in Toronto.. Because Toronto is a rotting corpse of a city.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        b2kelly wrote: View Post
                        I hate to have to play in Toronto.. Because Toronto is a rotting corpse of a city.
                        I hear Cleveland is wonderful this time of year. Hope the door hits you on your way out.
                        I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X