Lighten-up Guys. Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I would just like to say, that I have noticed ALOT of negativity around the Forum lately.

I know this is a good place to vent frustrations, but its starting to affect the atmosphere of the Forum.

It's starting to bring me down guys.
    We're all friends here... For the most part. We all have one Common Goal. Though we may disagree on how to get there, I think we could all use to be a little nicer to our fellow Fan.

I think we can critique the team in a way that isn't so ... vulgar and hate filled. It's still a game, and though I for one am VERY passionate about this game, some of the remarks that are coming out from people around here about our own players are ridiculous.

That is all. Happy Saturday Everyone!!
    I like this thread. I tend to get negative, but when you look around the world and how much shitty stuff is going on, people just gotta lighten up and be nicer (including myself).

Comment

I think it's funny that people even have to be reminded about this.

Comment

I am with you Joey and co. I love this forum but do get frustrated at times with some of the vitriol. For the most part posters realize when they go too far and come back on nastiness. I for one TRY not to get personal and I hope I succeed at this (I would not be a judge of my self the posters will know one way or the other). To Apollo's point other team sites, and to talk to the Lakers site virtually every thread, in good times and bad, denigrates into attacks and crap that has little to do with basketball. As for here I have had to take a breath or two in debates with others but at the end of the day they ARE just debates.

I say keep up the site as it is. Even folks I mostly disagree with still have pouts I do agree with. I certainly enjoy the stats, discussions on this site, and to go further find the layout and content here better than any other raptors (or lakers) forum out there.

Comment

I like this thread a lot, it really speaks volumes about the kind of fans that are on this site. We're all very passionate fans of the Toronto Raptors.

I have to be honest I myself probably got carried away a few times bashing certain players and people's opinions of those players. I think Apollo is right that in tough times it's easy for the vitriol to rise.

But I think, at the end of the day, we all want the same thing, which is to see this team play competitive basketball on a night-in night-out basis. I stopped showing up recently because I got sick of having what I felt were pointless arguments, but this thread reminded me that the guy on the other end of my bashing probably feels the same way I do about this team, but is just looking at it from a different perspective.

Maybe this time, I'm gonna try to look at things from other people's points-of-views, and not just my own.

Comment

This forum has some of the best posters on the Raptor forums. There are a few 'over passionate' fans, but what we be without them?

Comment

Good post Joey. But I kind of agree with Apollo here, the mood of the board is a direct reflection of the "mood" or state of the team and franchise. This is a great website, and Apollo is right, if you were checking out the forums on the other sites pre Raps Repub it was all the same. Heck, head over to Realgm or Bleacher and read their Raptor sections, ouch.

Sometimes I think the swearing is too much on this site, but generally it's good. Hell, I have at least 8 members off the top of my head who passionately despise me, and one dude last week sayin he would beat me up. Despite all that, the moderators on this site are awesome, and they know when to step in and how to handle things the right way.

It's not easy being a fan of a team stuck in a rut like the raps. Sometimes if you are a fan of a particularly "controversial" player on said team, it is even tougher. But I can tell you before RR there was nothing comparable in quality on the web for Raps fans. THis sight is amazing, and if our bosses monitored how much time we all spend on it at work we could probably all meet at the EI office and talk about the Raps there!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Sometimes I think the swearing is too much on this site, but generally it's good.
                Very much agreed. I have a sensitive filter at work and RR is now banned, again. We changed servers a couple of months ago and I was able to access it again but it has been banned again in the last week.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Very much agreed. I have a sensitive filter at work and RR is now banned, again. We changed servers a couple of months ago and I was able to access it again but it has been banned again in the last week.
                  The damn work filter. I heard people talk about using proxy servers or something to bypass the work filters and access whatever website you want. Does anyone know something about this topic.

And about the mood on this board, it started to get pretty sour in Dec/Jan, when it seemed every post was high jacked by Bargnani hate or even euro hate in general. It still hasn't gotten much better. But a few wins and few steps in the right direction, and all will be good with the world.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                    And about the mood on this board, it started to get pretty sour in Dec/Jan, when it seemed every post was high jacked by Bargnani hate or even euro hate in general. It still hasn't gotten much better. But a few wins and few steps in the right direction, and all will be good with the world.
                    the bargs haters vs bargs lovers argument is pretty much the ronnie/sammi relationship from jersey shore. it's completely iconsequential, pointless, and idiotic. yet you cant escape it, and you just want everyone to shut the hell up.

and inevitably, you hate yourself afterwards... because you were watching jersey shore.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                      The damn work filter. I heard people talk about using proxy servers or something to bypass the work filters and access whatever website you want. Does anyone know something about this topic.

It's probably best not to do that because I can only imagine where that leads you to if you're caught. I'm sure you're going to leave a trail of breadcrumbs when doing something like that.

Comment

proxy servers are sketchy at best. they go up and down so quickly, and the connections are usually overloaded making the experience as pleasant as surfing the net in the windows 3.11 days.

the best solution for bypassing your work's security is setting up a VPN (Virtual Private Network........ i think) at home, and allowing access through your home IP address.. so as far as your work is concerned, you're only accessing the one IP address... but using your home computer with its lack of security to surf the net

back when my iphone was jailbroke, i used an app (mocha? i think) that gave me full control of my desktop at home.. so i could surf on my home browser, control my torrents while at work, and randomly blast music in the middle of the day to freak out my dog and my neighbors

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          and randomly blast music in the middle of the day to freak out my dog
                          hahahahah
                          Hilarious visual.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            hahahahah
                            Hilarious visual.
                            i often wondered "hey, i bet the 5 unemplyed mexicans living in a one bedroom apartment next door really want to know how drum and bass sounds through the surround sound at full volume through the wall."

Comment

Working...
                            X