raps played well against orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raps played well against orlando

I liked our effort tonight, bayless for the most part seemed under control, derozan hit some nice baskets at the end of the game and davis was solid all night. even if we lost this game I would have been happy with the effort

+1 confidence for the young guys for next year is better than a few more ping pong balls.

Comment

Wow, Orlando is in for some serious trouble in the playoffs. They are nothing without Howard.

Demar played pretty nice tonight. He is turning into something nice. I'm glad we have seen some development from him over the course of the season. He might be something special next year.

Bayless is frustrating for me. That why I was very pleasantly surprised with tonight (and vs Bulls too.) He has shown that he has the ability to be pretty good, now if we can just see some consistency and some continued maturation.

I was happy with the effort and the win, but somehow I wished, like vs the Bulls, we would have ended up with the loss in an entertaining game. I really want a top 3 pick.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
        I was happy with the effort and the win, but somehow I wished, like vs the Bulls, we would have ended up with the loss in an entertaining game. I really want a top 3 pick.
        Excellent point. It's nice to see them play well but a win is useless for them. Fortunately, the team around them won last night. With 6 games left, here's what's left:
        Washington: 20 wins
        Toronto: 21 wins
        Sacramento: 22 wins
        New Jersey: 23 wins

I'm hoping that Washington, Sacramento, and Jersey pass the Raptors. We finish 3rd last and have a nice shot at #1 pick. If we keep doing what we're doing, we could drop to 6th worst. We'll know in 10 days. Knowing the way this team plays though, I would not be surprised to see them put up a stinker against Cleveland this week and lose. They always seem to play up to the good teams and play down to the weak teams.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          Wow, Orlando is in for some serious trouble in the playoffs. They are nothing without Howard.

Demar played pretty nice tonight. He is turning into something nice. I'm glad we have seen some development from him over the course of the season. He might be something special next year.

Bayless is frustrating for me. That why I was very pleasantly surprised with tonight (and vs Bulls too.) He has shown that he has the ability to be pretty good, now if we can just see some consistency and some continued maturation.

Imo, I think Orlando has peaked already with Dwight Howard and they are obviously not a championship team. Unfortunately, the knee jerk reaction when they underachieve in the playoffs this year again is to sack Stan Van Gundy - a good coach which imo is not a smart decision. Stan has been provided with a decrepit rebounding and defensive team after the trade GM Otis Smith made. Imo, the real problem here is Otis Smith - the gamble he made on that trade bringing a washed up Hedo Turkoglu (who played badly on the Toronto Raptors and "Steve Nash makes you better than you are actually are as a basketball player" Phoenix Suns were huge signs. Coincidence he played badly in both stops? Absolutely not) and another huge contract in washed up "I have lost interest in basketball and will have another underwhelming career like VC" Gilbert Arenas was a huge gamble imo and it blew up in his face.

I see Dwight Howard leaving in 2012 and he could either be suiting up for the Los Angeles Lakers or Boston Celtics who have championship pedigrees with franchise centers (Remember Shaquille O'neal and Bill Russell?) as safe options or become a new villain by going the easy path and hitch-hiking to fierce in-state rivals in the Miami Heat. I won't fault Dwight for leaving - he is a franchise center and deserves to bow out of the game with a ring (Some will say he is too young to be thinking about a ring but let us remember that Dwight's game is based on athleticism which means 4-5 years shaved off his career as a typical center (Most centers' average retiring age is 38, Dwight should be out of the league by 33-34). It is sad that Otis Smith is approaching the Danny Ferry (remember the non-trade for Amar'e Stoudemire for JJ Hickson and spare parts in LBJ's last year with the Cleveland Cavaliers?) and BC (no elite wing in Bosh's 7 years here - Salmons slipped for unknown reasons, could have gotten Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay in 2006 draft or gone the safe pick way (remember Bosh lobbying BC to draft Lamarcus Aldridge then? and let us not think Lamarcus Aldridge was not going to be as good as he is now, he came from a good program in Texas (Kevin Durant?) for god sakes! instead of drafting Bargs - an enigma) territory in being unable to surround their superstars with adequate help (By the way, the Dallas Mavericks GM needs to be sacked too, all those years with a superstar in Dirk and no legit help on the wings who shows up in the playoffs, and the Mavericks are one and done imo this year in the playoffs (I see an upset to the Portland Trailblazers in that series imo).

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
            Imo, I think Orlando has peaked already with Dwight Howard and they are obviously not a championship team. Unfortunately, the knee jerk reaction when they underachieve in the playoffs this year again is to sack Stan Van Gundy - a good coach which imo is not a smart decision. Stan has been provided with a decrepit rebounding and defensive team after the trade GM Otis Smith made. Imo, the real problem here is Otis Smith - the gamble he made on that trade bringing a washed up Hedo Turkoglu (who played badly on the Toronto Raptors and "Steve Nash makes you better than you are actually are as a basketball player" Phoenix Suns were huge signs. Coincidence he played badly in both stops? Absolutely not) and another huge contract in washed up "I have lost interest in basketball and will have another underwhelming career like VC" Gilbert Arenas was a huge gamble imo and it blew up in his face.
            Agree on Arenas it was a huge gamble, which will be around sucking up money for a few more years to boot. Turkoglu was another mistake, and Phoenix must be happy as anything on shedding that guy.

I see Dwight Howard leaving in 2012 and he could either be suiting up for the Los Angeles Lakers or Boston Celtics who have championship pedigrees with franchise centers (Remember Shaquille O'neal and Bill Russell?) as safe options or become a new villain by going the easy path and hitch-hiking to fierce in-state rivals in the Miami Heat. I won't fault Dwight for leaving - he is a franchise center and deserves to bow out of the game with a ring (Some will say he is too young to be thinking about a ring but let us remember that Dwight's game is based on athleticism which means 4-5 years shaved off his career as a typical center (Most centers' average retiring age is 38, Dwight should be out of the league by 33-34).
            Don't forget Kareem Abdul Jabaar and Wilt Chamberlain.

(By the way, the Dallas Mavericks GM needs to be sacked too, all those years with a superstar in Dirk and no legit help on the wings who shows up in the playoffs, and the Mavericks are one and done imo this year in the playoffs (I see an upset to the Portland Trailblazers in that series imo).
            A lot of influence in the decisions by the owner in Mark Cuban. I don't see Nelson getting fired anytime soon unless a) Cuban takes over fully all GM responsibilities or b) Cuban backs out (firing himself) from the process.

Comment

I know a lot of people have been saying Rose is MVP but I think it should go to Howard. Take Howard off that team and you're looking at the worst team in the league.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This doesn't seem like a draft where there is a big difference between 1-7 so I really wouldn't worry about it. You've got Barnes, Williams and Perry Jones at small forward and Knight, Irving, and Walker and point. There are also a couple good center prospects in Valciunas and Kanter. All those guys have arguments as to why they should go 1st overall so I'm content anywhere from the fifth pick up.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                X