What Happens To Sonny Weems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    Why are they Weems' minutes? What has he done to have a lock on those minutes?
    misread your question... i never implied anything by that comment... just saying before Johnson was traded and before Weems injury those were his minutess..
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Mon Apr 4, 2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

What about Kleiza's minutes! Poor guy, he's off at Hogwarts competing in that flying broom basketball tourney right now

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        What about Kleiza's minutes! Poor guy, he's off at Hogwarts competing in that flying broom basketball tourney right now
        He TOTALLY looks like Viktor Krum

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          If that is that broom riding Ruski, then yah, that's him for sure. DIdnt that guy get tossed off in hogwarts by some dragon?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            So you're predicting Colangelo just gives him $4M/yr for the hell of it. I don't see him getting more that a couple million at the max. This is why I was scratching my head. I guess time will tell but I don't see Colangelo handing him a pay day after he's been ineffective, inefficient and unable to beat out other guys for minutes.
            In complete agreement with you there but I could see him getting a 3 year 5-6 million dollar package. He's making a shade under $1 million currently and although he hasn't helped himself recently he could definitely be a servicable back-up at the 2.

Last year and at the start of this year Sonny was balling. Not sure what happened since but I would retain him for cheap.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              haha kleiza forgot about that dude,, he totally remind me of triple h... tough looking dude with a bum knee

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                hahah he also looks like vladamir kozlov

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                  hahah he also looks like vladamir kozlov
                  Bargs is Santino!

Comment

I believe the correct answer is: the locker-room door smacks his ass on his way out of town!

Forgetting that the NBA financial landscape could drastically change this offseason, I still don't think Weems would be signed by any team for anything close to even the mid-level exception (MLE), which is currently roughly $5M per season. I think Weems would be lucky to get anything higher than $2-3M per season on the open free agency market. Aside from letting him leave as a free agent, the only thing I'd prefer to see the Raps do with Weems is sign&trade him to whatever team wants to sign him, for something like cash, a 2nd round pick or a future draft pick.

Comment

Poor Weems, he just wants to find true love.

His stock is pretty low, I can see signing him back but to the minimum.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

You guys ever consider that seeing as how Weems starting playing bad after his injury, there may be a mental component to it? especially if he's also "looking for love", I would assume that to a certain extent, Weems might be depressed.

Also, don't think he doesn't know that there's enough people thinking he should not be re-signed at the end of the season...all of this would really depress a guy, I think.

Comment

To me this is simply a case of duplication of skills. Weems is a less skilled version of Demar. Even if he played out of his mind I would move him or not resign him.

Comment

I'd just put the qualifying offer out there for 1 mil next year or whatever, and if anyone want's to get crazy and offer him a bunch of money then let him go.

Comment

I think teams a more likely to be tight if there's a hard cap. Guys like Weems are more likely to get burned from NBAPA conquests over the owners of the past.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                He stays, 4 years 16 million and plays SG.

"Would he play better in a different system?"

Ya, he'd be great in the Suns or GSW system that's more run and gun.
                                What?!???!!!!! I wouldn't even drop a mil on his ass. You're essentially giving the guy a 400% raise for what? Playing Call of Duty in his lonesome? Try E-Harmony Sonny. I heard it works for marginal D-Leaguers. Four million. Wow.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X