Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Comments On The Season

Performance:
    “If this is to be judged on wins and losses, then it was a failure from the beginning,” Raptors coach Jay Triano said last week. “What were we predicted to be? Fifteenth in the East. Right? I think that we’re all smarter than that.”
    Future:
    “I think the one thing about the NBA is that with draft picks and free agency, the face of a team can change drastically,” Triano said. “This year, we developed players so that when the face of the franchise changes drastically, the role players will be significantly better. There are going to be exciting times around here.”
    Chemistry:
    The Raptors have been a cohesive unit. Given the mounting losses, that is an accomplishment.

“For the one-off incident that did happen, it is so minor to the other s— that goes on around this league,” Triano said, answering in the affirmative when asked if there were at least five incidents on last year’s team that would have been worse than Wright’s refusal to play. There were likely more involving Hedo Turkoglu alone."
    “I think without us dancing around the fact that we wanted to keep a superstar here, there’s been 100% more accountability in the locker room,” Triano said, alluding to Bosh. “I think I probably have held a lot more people accountable for things that they’re going through and things that this team has gone through.”

Bargnani:

“Obviously at the defensive end and rebounding-wise, I wish he would have gotten better,” said Triano, who held out hope that the fifth-year centre could still improve in those areas. “That is still a work in progress.”
    PJ's thoughts
    “I think that [Triano’s] work ethic, his professionalism and his positive demeanour, which is the hardest thing to maintain, is what has kept us going more than anything else,” assistant coach P.J. Carlesimo said.

“And the players understand that. They know that every day he’s prepared.

“It’s no different now than it was in game five. And [the players] see that. And that’s not the way it is everywhere, to be honest with you. Some coaches aren’t that way. They don’t mail it in, but they don’t bring that same energy.”
    “The number one thing is the players like him and respect him,” Carlesimo said. “That’s absolutely number one. When you have that — the confidence of your players — and they like [you] and want to play well for you, then you can push through situations like this, when there’s not the carrot there.”
    Source: NationalPost.com

All that sounds about right to me!
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

JT says all the right things, and is quite likeable and interesting with all the F bombs in interviews... but...when it come to x's and o's, not too sure about him

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        JT says all the right things, and is quite likeable and interesting with all the F bombs in interviews... but...when it come to x's and o's, not too sure about him
        When it comes to NBA coaching, I'm not too sure about opinions on a fan forum.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
          are you questioning the validity of information found on the internet?!

didn't you know that the internet is GOD?

that's right.. GOD.... the figment of somebody's imagination thousands of years ago that somehow gained plausibility based on no actual facts.... that god.

Comment

When it comes to comments on fan forums, I'm not too sure about opinions from a guy name jimmie

Comment

When it comes to comments on fan forums, I'm not too sure about opinions from a guy name jimmie
              As you shouldn't be. I'm just some schmo who played a little ball when he was younger and now likes to watch the games on the tellyvision. Just like the rest of you. You've helped me make my point. Thanks.
              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

But seriously, Triano is awful.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm wit Ceez on this, he's awful

Comment

I don't think he's awful, but he ain't great either. Hard to judge with what he's had to work with here. I don't know how many of today's coaches could have done better.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he's awful, but he ain't great either. Hard to judge with what he's had to work with here. I don't know how many of today's coaches could have done better.
                      Doug Collins

Comment

Doug Collins
                        Yeah maybe. Philly is more stacked than the Raps though. That's a fact, jack.

Don't forget Collins sh*t show with the Wiz. He don't like rooks much either.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          Yeah maybe. Philly is more stacked than the Raps though. That's a fact, jack.

Don't forget Collins sh*t show with the Wiz. He don't like rooks much either.
                          Philly has some nice pieces, I wouldnt say "stacked", but Collins has that hardnose attitude as a coach that we lack. I hate to say it, but smitch had it. Larry Brown has is too, but he's been one failure after the next as of late.

Comment

If your not too sure about opinions on a fan forum, THEN WHY ARE YOU ONE 1? Whats wrong with fans discussing an article? If your not too sure about everyone else's opinion. I'm sure we'd love to hear yours. Oh wait, you don't have any opinions. Scared of the keyboard? LOL
                            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Philly has some nice pieces, I wouldnt say "stacked", but Collins has that hardnose attitude as a coach that we lack. I hate to say it, but smitch had it. Larry Brown has is too, but he's been one failure after the next as of late.
                              Yeah stacked wasn't a great word. I just meant they got better players with a decent mix of vets and youngens. I could be wrong but I think Collins don't like playing the young ones much, like Turner who still get's DNP's sometimes.

Anyway, regardless I agree JT comes across as a pussy sometimes. It's hard to say tho. You get guys like Skiles and Frank who start off pretty solid but after a while the honeymoon is over and players get sick of being yelled at all the time.

You know who I wanna see? Mark Jackson. I might be the only person but I don't care.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X