Rod Black Says- "Pathetic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    You know what, I've had this theory all year that the guys have been instructed to tank. Aside from last night, I notice we do really good in games up until the 4th quarter, at which point we somehow lose. Take for example the Clippers game, where we suddently "fell apart" in the 4th, that one was just a real head scratcher. Either we just suck , like, ridiculously suck, or .......cue Jesse Ventura...
    I do believe there is a conspiracy but not within the Raps franchise, but rather from Stern and the league officials. I think everybody can agree that we have been hosed by the refs time and time again. Stern is scared, and doesn't want to lose the Raptors, because he's already lost Vancouver. Therefore, the refs hose the Raptors in close games, so that we have a bad season, and get the top pick in next years draft, who in turn could turn the franchise around (Ewing theory), and bring a championship to Toronto! Who am I kidding, HAARP and Police state even have more validity.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
      I do believe there is a conspiracy but not within the Raps franchise, but rather from Stern and the league officials. I think everybody can agree that we have been hosed by the refs time and time again. Stern is scared, and doesn't want to lose the Raptors, because he's already lost Vancouver. Therefore, the refs hose the Raptors in close games, so that we have a bad season, and get the top pick in next years draft, who in turn could turn the franchise around (Ewing theory), and bring a championship to Toronto! Who am I kidding, HAARP and Police state even have more validity.
      HAahahahah, good one. I saw Jesse Ventura on that wank Piers Morgan show the other day, he couldnt stop shaking, looked like BC's gonna look when he has to reports to MLSE at the end of the year

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        No one has said that Bargnani is the sole reasons for the Raptors defensive problems, but he's obviously a main factor. Of that there can be no doubt.

And what you fail to mention is that Bargnani played the first 8 minutes, and that's when the team really seemed to lose the game. Yes, he was hurt, and you have to factor that in, but him being out there was a major reason the Knicks got the momentum they did.

As for judging the team on one game, unfortunately you seem to have done that on many occasions.
        You weren't in the chatroom yesterday.

<-- Typical Raptors fan

Comment

HAahahahah, good one. I saw Jesse Ventura on that wank Piers Morgan show the other day, he couldnt stop shaking, looked like BC's gonna look when he has to reports to MLSE at the end of the year
          Must of been flying commercial aka enema airlines

Comment

It must be a tough choice, when you have a guy providing the majority of your offense in a game. To me it's x's and o's. If Bargs was playin bad on D, change up the rotations. Keep the scoring. Another example of mismanagement. Or, you sit him, and lose the game.

I realize you will tell me we might lose anyways with his bad D, but I disagree, especially when we lose games by getting torched from the 3 pt line, which has been the story all year long. Plus, our defense by our wings and pg are so bad alot of times Amir and Bargs are forced into help situations
            Well, Bargnani doesn't actually provide the majority of the offense. He provides about 20% of it.

And changing rotations doesn't prevent Bargnani from playing bad defense. All it can do is try and cover it up, a little, but it's impossible to hide a poor defensive big man.

And it seems to me that you lose whether Bargnani plays or not. The Raptors have won 21 games this year. If he's helping the team win, and that's certainly debatable, he's certainly not having that much of a positive effect. The advanced stats don't seem to be in his favour.

And the important thing you have to remember is that you can get scoring from anywhere, but defense has to come from everyone. Bargnani scores 21 ppg, in part, because he takes 18 shots per game. If you distribute those shots to other players, you'll get scoring. Besides, the team will most likely add another player who will be able to score, so it's not scoring that the Raptors will need.

As for the guard play, you can't stop guards from penetrating one on one. The rules make that impossible. The problem is a lot of Raptor fans only watch the Raptors, so don't see that even good defensive guards get beat all the time. That's why having good help defense is so important. Rondo is one of the best defensive guards in the league, but he's got one of the best defenses behind him with one of the best help defenders in the league. They don't have a weak link defensively. Same goes for Oklahoma who have both Westbrook and Sefolosha, but still need Perkins and Ibaka in order to make the next step.

Yes, Amir and Bargnani are forced to help a lot, but that's what bigs are there for. They are your last line of defense. If one of them is poor defensively, you're screwed.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
              This is going to be another Tim vs. Multi thread. I can feel it...

I tend to subscribe to the belief that our team is young and they will all become better defenders in time. DD, JJ, Bayless, Amir, Ed, and even Bargs are all young and I think if you keep this roster together with limited turnover, you;ll see the team defense improve exponentially in a season or two.
              This is too much. I'm sick of this deluded, vapid view. Defense is an aptitude just like offense. Players have defensive skills to some degree or another. The Raptors players mostly have none. No amount of coaching schemes can make up for that. Players like Alvin Robertson and Ronnie Brewer didn't need to be coached to play great defense because they are great defensive players -- on any team.

And it's not about effort. All players expend effort. If Bargnani tried harder he'd likely just play even worse defense. He has no aptitude at all for defense. If a person who is not a brain surgeon tried really hard to perform brain surgery, he'd cause more problems than if he left well enough alone. If Bargnani expended more effort on defense, he'd overcommit to the wrong spot, leave his man too quickly or something like that. Great defenders effortlessly wreck offensive game plans. Just by standing in a certain place and holding their ground.

The only thing that will fix this team's defensive woes is new players.

Comment

He was a decent man defender earlier in his career, though. So there that is.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  He was a decent man defender earlier in his career, though. So there that is.
                  No, he was still a poor man to man defender. It just looked like he had some defensive potential in that aspect. Unfortunately we didn't see the progress that we might have hoped. Also, he has regressed, so that hasn't helped.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    No, he was still a poor man to man defender. It just looked like he had some defensive potential in that aspect. Unfortunately we didn't see the progress that we might have hoped. Also, he has regressed, so that hasn't helped.
                    At this point i just want BC to do all he can to help us become a better team. This is the first season where i started following the raptors this closely. I picked a bad season to start too. I want to see HUGE improvements.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      At this point i just want BC to do all he can to help us become a better team. This is the first season where i started following the raptors this closely. I picked a bad season to start too. I want to see HUGE improvements.
                      Well, he needs to get rid of Bargnani, and he can't do that. He cannot trade the guy he drafted 1st overall. That pick carries too much baggage (bargage?). The GM position has to be restaffed with, for once, a long-time practiced professional before the right steps can be taken.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                        Well, he needs to get rid of Bargnani, and he can't do that. He cannot trade the guy he drafted 1st overall. That pick carries too much baggage (bargage?). The GM position has to be restaffed with, for once, a long-time practiced professional before the right steps can be taken.
                        Quite frankly, none of us knows whether or not Colangelo will trade him, but he's certainly never been shy about correcting his mistakes. I can see him not wanting to give him away, but Colangelo is smart enough not to stake his job on one pick in a pretty weak draft. If he feels it's best for the team to trade Bargnani than I think he will. You and I obviously think it's best for the team, and that does seem to be the mounting opinion.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                        X