Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Headed To The Knicks? The Man Himself Says No.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Headed To The Knicks? The Man Himself Says No.

TORONTO -- Bryan Colangelo says his plan is to stay put in Toronto.

The Toronto Raptors general manager scoffed at speculation Wednesday that he could be on his way to the New York Knicks when his contract expires June 30.

"I'm absolutely committed to Toronto and obviously knee deep in our own rebuilding plan," Colangelo said in an e-mail. "My preference is to complete it."

A New York Post article suggested Colangelo would be the perfect replacement for Knicks president Donnie Walsh, if Walsh decides he doesn't want to stay in New York. Colangelo has a connection with Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni, hiring the coach in Phoenix when he was the Suns' GM.

"I have too much respect for Donnie to comment on baseless speculation," Colangelo said. "I hope for his sake he's there to finish the job he's started."

The rebuilding Raptors were 21-56, and playing out what's left of a disappointing season, heading into Wednesday night's game against the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Knicks were 39-38 going into their game Wednesday versus Philadelphia, and bound for the playoffs.
    Source: TSN.ca

Of course he said no. It's like if your wife asks you if you're staring at the chesty blonde in the thong while you're at the beach.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Of course he said no. It's like if your wife asks you if you're staring at the chesty blonde in the thong while you're at the beach.
      So, you're trying to say NYK is the hot chesty blonde and raptors is the boring, annoying wife.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Tomato, tomahto
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

What!? A GM lie!? Never ...On the other hand the owner in NY isn't exactly sane. I mean, he listens to Isaiah Thomas...

Comment

let the man be

Comment

Who cares about BC, he needs to start "retooling" another team before our team becomes perennial lottery picks bust artists, like Clippers of past.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Hmmmm. Smells fishy. BC is dangling here without a contract and all of sudden there's another suitor interested in his services? I suppose that would put some pressure on MLSE to get the extension done, eh? Hmmmm. I wonder who actually put that story out there?

BTW - Knicks already have a bonafide NBA GM waiting in the wings. Mark Warkentien, former GM of the Nuggets is a consultant to NYK. He could also be a candidate to replace BC too.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  So, you're trying to say NYK is the hot chesty blonde and raptors is the boring, annoying wife.
                  what if your wife is a Chesty Blonde herself, i don't know about you,but, i'm still checking out the one at the beach...
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Dolan is a moron, and part of the reason why Colangelo likes it hear is because he doesn't need to answer to a crazy owner who always wants to bring Isiah Thomas back.

Comment

LBF knows how marriage works
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        LBF knows how marriage works

And testosterone

Comment

And chesty blondes
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I feel like I may have had a hand in sidetracking the thread a little bit
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Hmmmm. Smells fishy. BC is dangling here without a contract and all of sudden there's another suitor interested in his services? I suppose that would put some pressure on MLSE to get the extension done, eh? Hmmmm. I wonder who actually put that story out there?

BTW - Knicks already have a bonafide NBA GM waiting in the wings. Mark Warkentien, former GM of the Nuggets is a consultant to NYK. He could also be a candidate to replace BC too.
                              The NY media doesn't let things like facts or evidence get in the way of their "news stories". Just keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X