X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    I'm expecting the team to try. Including Ajinca. For the record, he looked pretty good. Davis, Johsnon, terrible. DD not much better.

It's easy to read the statline and comment on the game. It's another thing to endure the 3 hours of pain. I guess you made the right decision watching the Jays!
    MP, how many times have we seen this team not put out effort this season? It's frustrating, but not new. They didn't put anything out a couple of nights ago when they were essentially playing the Knicks' bench - and they got blasted. By New York's bench!
    It could be different reasons why it seems that no effort has been produced. Maybe Triano didn't prepare the team/motivate the team sufficiently so that they'd put out max effort. Maybe he's lost the room and it's time to go in a different direction. Maybe guys are battling injuries that we don't know about. It could be anything. Hopefully there will be a better effort put forth Friday night in Philadelphia.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Why should I download it? I can just watch it on Game in an hour - which I won't because I know the outcome. They had a disappointing effort. What's new? Seriously? What really is new? That's been the story of the season. ANd like I said before, Cavs have been playing decent ball of late, so the outcome, while disappointing, isn't surprising.

Are you really expecting quality ball from Ajinca? Alexis Ajinca? Really? Alexis Ajinca?
    I'm expecting the team to try. Including Ajinca. For the record, he looked pretty good. Davis, Johsnon, terrible. DD not much better.

It's easy to read the statline and comment on the game. It's another thing to endure the 3 hours of pain. I guess you made the right decision watching the Jays!

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Well, I DID NOT go to the Jays game, I watched the Raps. And i felt bitch slapped by their effort.

I recommend you download the game and endure it, then re-post here, I KNOW you will feel differently. Also, imagine you went to see the game.

I know there are no "gimmes"- but they DID NOT TRY last night. And you telling me Ajinca, Evans, etc, are tired??? Theyve barely played in the last 4 mths!
    Why should I download it? I can just watch it on Game in an hour - which I won't because I know the outcome. They had a disappointing effort. What's new? Seriously? What really is new? That's been the story of the season. ANd like I said before, Cavs have been playing decent ball of late, so the outcome, while disappointing, isn't surprising.

Are you really expecting quality ball from Ajinca? Alexis Ajinca? Really? Alexis Ajinca?

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I guess. I haven't watched wresting in about 11 years. I figured the Undertaker was resting in peace by now.
    He just beat Triple H at Wrestlemania on Sunday, but got wheeled out immobilized on a stretcher. Still 19-0 at Wrestlemania, 20-0 after he gets to JT!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Me 2. Picture the undertaker chokeslamming JT to that riff "for whooommm the bellll toollllss!!!"
    I guess. I haven't watched wresting in about 11 years. I figured the Undertaker was resting in peace by now.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Am I disappointed with the loss? Of course, you're always unhappy when your team loses. However, am I really surprised? None in the least. I didn't even care about this game. I went to the Jays game instead.
    Well, I DID NOT go to the Jays game, I watched the Raps. And i felt bitch slapped by their effort.

I recommend you download the game and endure it, then re-post here, I KNOW you will feel differently. Also, imagine you went to see the game.

I know there are no "gimmes"- but they DID NOT TRY last night. And you telling me Ajinca, Evans, etc, are tired??? Theyve barely played in the last 4 mths!

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Am I disappointed with the loss? Of course, you're always unhappy when your team loses. However, am I really surprised? None in the least. I didn't even care about this game. I went to the Jays game instead.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    It wasnt that we lost brother. It was HOW we lost. 100% decimation in the first half, an opposing team, one of the worst teams in the NBA, laughing at us, the fans, the coaches, everyone. That's like some guy sleeping with ur wife, then showing up at your work to show everyone the video of it.

They played with no pride, and JT just sat there stone faced a-la bargs.

You KNOW if that was Byron Scott, roles reversed, he would be screaming ,yelling chewing out his team. I dont care if it is Ajinca or Alabi or the ACC janitor, you allow yourself to be ridiculed like that at home, you need a talking to.

Trust me, this loss will be one that gets talked about.
    Again why Triano is useless as a coach of this team. I agree with this point!

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    The Undertaker is still alive?

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I know someone he is a season seat holder, 2 pairs of tickets. The few fans that went to this game expected to see a win, and were slapped in the face. Do you think getting destroyed at home by one of the worst teams in the league is good business? If you're gonna tank, tank selectively or just tank outright.

The team, with the exception of Bayless and DD didnt put out much effort. Fans thought they were going to watch Star Wars, but instead were given Space Balls (James Johnson was Barf)
    The way that this team plays, especially this year, no game is a gimme game or a game that they should automatically win. It's not like Toronto is a vastly superior team than Cleveland. No fan likes to see their team lose at home, but to think of any game for this team as an automatic win is foolish.

And why on God's green earth would you think that they would lose/tank on purpose? It's not like there's a Durant, James, Wall in this draft. Like I said before, the team is probably tired, we've gotten hit by a rash of injuries, and with the lack of talent on this team, losing is gonna happen more often than not.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Once again, the Cavaliers have been playing decent ball as of late (at least better than their record indicates, and better ball than us). Davis is playing well since the trade and Hickson has been a beast ever since being inserted into the starting lineup for Varejao.
    And your analogy is WAY WAY WAY off.

If this is a loss that's talked about, then I would assume it's fans with no real basketball knowledge that's gabbing about it.
    I know someone he is a season seat holder, 2 pairs of tickets. The few fans that went to this game expected to see a win, and were slapped in the face. Do you think getting destroyed at home by one of the worst teams in the league is good business? If you're gonna tank, tank selectively or just tank outright.

The team, with the exception of Bayless and DD didnt put out much effort. Fans thought they were going to watch Star Wars, but instead were given Space Balls (James Johnson was Barf)

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Every team in the league is a business. This is a rebuild year. What is taking place now is extremely common. Seriously, we just need to chill out and accept it. Next year will be infinity better. I must be taking this a lot better than most because I was the guy being called extremely pessimistic in here about the team back in October...

FYI, I now have this killer guitar riff in my head. Thanks.
    Me 2. Picture the undertaker chokeslamming JT to that riff "for whooommm the bellll toollllss!!!"

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Once again, the Cavaliers have been playing decent ball as of late (at least better than their record indicates, and better ball than us). Davis is playing well since the trade and Hickson has been a beast ever since being inserted into the starting lineup for Varejao.
    And your analogy is WAY WAY WAY off.

If this is a loss that's talked about, then I would assume it's fans with no real basketball knowledge that's gabbing about it.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    So if the debacle at MSG was "pathetic", the word to describe last night would be "humiliation".

Without Bargs, Amir, and a 100% Caldy, we were utterly humiliated by the likes of Ryan Hollins, a fat overrated bearded pedo, a 50 yr old Anthony Parker, and ...err... JJ Hickson.

The first quarter saw the Cavs dropping some vintage "showtime" on us, laughing it up, alley oops, uncontested dunks, and a general party-vibe coming from the Cavs bench. Our lame duck defense by Demar, Davis, and Johnson pretty much said: come on in, the basket is right here!

My point is that this loss, out of all, must be considered the final straw. The Raptors, like it or not, are a business. If I was one of the few thousand ppl in attendance last night, I would have thrown up in my draft beer, and possibly re-drank it, then threw up again. If I were a season seat holder, I would be taking my last few home game tickets and rolling something sticky up in them.

I hope when MLSE conducts their year end post-mortem on the team, this game is played on repeat over, and over again for Bryco and JT, with a banner reading failure scrolling across the screen.

Was this loss, of all the losses, the final nail in JT/Bryco's coffin? After this, as a fan, could you really stomach seeing JT coaching us next year?
    Every team in the league is a business. This is a rebuild year. What is taking place now is extremely common. Seriously, we just need to chill out and accept it. Next year will be infinity better. I must be taking this a lot better than most because I was the guy being called extremely pessimistic in here about the team back in October...

FYI, I now have this killer guitar riff in my head. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    I don't know why you're surprised by us losing to the Cavs. They've been playing good ball as of late. They beat the Heat, something we haven't been able to do this year. Second game of a back to back, when the starters played a heap of minutes in a blow-out loss, I didn't expect this team to come out with jump.
    It wasnt that we lost brother. It was HOW we lost. 100% decimation in the first half, an opposing team, one of the worst teams in the NBA, laughing at us, the fans, the coaches, everyone. That's like some guy sleeping with ur wife, then showing up at your work to show everyone the video of it.

They played with no pride, and JT just sat there stone faced a-la bargs.

You KNOW if that was Byron Scott, roles reversed, he would be screaming ,yelling chewing out his team. I dont care if it is Ajinca or Alabi or the ACC janitor, you allow yourself to be ridiculed like that at home, you need a talking to.

Trust me, this loss will be one that gets talked about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X