For Whom the Bell Tolls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Whom the Bell Tolls!

So if the debacle at MSG was "pathetic", the word to describe last night would be "humiliation".

Without Bargs, Amir, and a 100% Caldy, we were utterly humiliated by the likes of Ryan Hollins, a fat overrated bearded pedo, a 50 yr old Anthony Parker, and ...err... JJ Hickson.

The first quarter saw the Cavs dropping some vintage "showtime" on us, laughing it up, alley oops, uncontested dunks, and a general party-vibe coming from the Cavs bench. Our lame duck defense by Demar, Davis, and Johnson pretty much said: come on in, the basket is right here!

My point is that this loss, out of all, must be considered the final straw. The Raptors, like it or not, are a business. If I was one of the few thousand ppl in attendance last night, I would have thrown up in my draft beer, and possibly re-drank it, then threw up again. If I were a season seat holder, I would be taking my last few home game tickets and rolling something sticky up in them.

I hope when MLSE conducts their year end post-mortem on the team, this game is played on repeat over, and over again for Bryco and JT, with a banner reading failure scrolling across the screen.

Was this loss, of all the losses, the final nail in JT/Bryco's coffin? After this, as a fan, could you really stomach seeing JT coaching us next year?

No.

Because like you said, we were missing alot of our key guys that contribute on a nightly basis.
    Was nothing more than an old fashion ass kicking. They had more talent on the night.

Comment

Sounding the alarm a bit too late? That was what? Game 78? We knew this team wouldn't be very good this year, so why all of a sudden are people running for the hills?

Comment

The undertaker picture cracked me up
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Sounding the alarm a bit too late? That was what? Game 78? We knew this team wouldn't be very good this year, so why all of a sudden are people running for the hills?
          As that scumbag Leo would say : it's about finishing the season off strong, and with pride.

Believe it or not, these games WILL get analyzed. Which players put up the effort? Try to win despite the record? And, #1, WIN AT HOME FOR THE FANS.

Trust me, business owners dont take anything lightly, not 1 game.

If there is a lockout next year, is this the type of "last memory" you want the fans to have if you own the business and are trying to sell season seats?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            As that scumbag Leo would say : it's about finishing the season off strong, and with pride.

Believe it or not, these games WILL get analyzed. Which players put up the effort? Try to win despite the record? And, #1, WIN AT HOME FOR THE FANS.

If there is a lockout next year, is this the type of "last memory" you want the fans to have if you own the business and are trying to sell season seats?
            It sucks man, can't deny that. But do you really put all the blame on JT? I would say some, but this team sucks even with all the injuries last night.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Unfortunately it is now about trying to secure a top 3 pick. The only consolation is whether BC or JT are here next year or not, the worst of it is over - depending on who replaces BC.

Comment

I don't know why you're surprised by us losing to the Cavs. They've been playing good ball as of late. They beat the Heat, something we haven't been able to do this year. Second game of a back to back, when the starters played a heap of minutes in a blow-out loss, I didn't expect this team to come out with jump.

Comment

I don't know why you're surprised by us losing to the Cavs. They've been playing good ball as of late. They beat the Heat, something we haven't been able to do this year. Second game of a back to back, when the starters played a heap of minutes in a blow-out loss, I didn't expect this team to come out with jump.
                  It wasnt that we lost brother. It was HOW we lost. 100% decimation in the first half, an opposing team, one of the worst teams in the NBA, laughing at us, the fans, the coaches, everyone. That's like some guy sleeping with ur wife, then showing up at your work to show everyone the video of it.

They played with no pride, and JT just sat there stone faced a-la bargs.

You KNOW if that was Byron Scott, roles reversed, he would be screaming ,yelling chewing out his team. I dont care if it is Ajinca or Alabi or the ACC janitor, you allow yourself to be ridiculed like that at home, you need a talking to.

Trust me, this loss will be one that gets talked about.

Comment

So if the debacle at MSG was "pathetic", the word to describe last night would be "humiliation".

Without Bargs, Amir, and a 100% Caldy, we were utterly humiliated by the likes of Ryan Hollins, a fat overrated bearded pedo, a 50 yr old Anthony Parker, and ...err... JJ Hickson.

The first quarter saw the Cavs dropping some vintage "showtime" on us, laughing it up, alley oops, uncontested dunks, and a general party-vibe coming from the Cavs bench. Our lame duck defense by Demar, Davis, and Johnson pretty much said: come on in, the basket is right here!

My point is that this loss, out of all, must be considered the final straw. The Raptors, like it or not, are a business. If I was one of the few thousand ppl in attendance last night, I would have thrown up in my draft beer, and possibly re-drank it, then threw up again. If I were a season seat holder, I would be taking my last few home game tickets and rolling something sticky up in them.

I hope when MLSE conducts their year end post-mortem on the team, this game is played on repeat over, and over again for Bryco and JT, with a banner reading failure scrolling across the screen.

Was this loss, of all the losses, the final nail in JT/Bryco's coffin? After this, as a fan, could you really stomach seeing JT coaching us next year?
                    Every team in the league is a business. This is a rebuild year. What is taking place now is extremely common. Seriously, we just need to chill out and accept it. Next year will be infinity better. I must be taking this a lot better than most because I was the guy being called extremely pessimistic in here about the team back in October...

FYI, I now have this killer guitar riff in my head. Thanks.

Comment

Once again, the Cavaliers have been playing decent ball as of late (at least better than their record indicates, and better ball than us). Davis is playing well since the trade and Hickson has been a beast ever since being inserted into the starting lineup for Varejao.
                      And your analogy is WAY WAY WAY off.

If this is a loss that's talked about, then I would assume it's fans with no real basketball knowledge that's gabbing about it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Every team in the league is a business. This is a rebuild year. What is taking place now is extremely common. Seriously, we just need to chill out and accept it. Next year will be infinity better. I must be taking this a lot better than most because I was the guy being called extremely pessimistic in here about the team back in October...

FYI, I now have this killer guitar riff in my head. Thanks.
                        Me 2. Picture the undertaker chokeslamming JT to that riff "for whooommm the bellll toollllss!!!"

Comment

Once again, the Cavaliers have been playing decent ball as of late (at least better than their record indicates, and better ball than us). Davis is playing well since the trade and Hickson has been a beast ever since being inserted into the starting lineup for Varejao.
                          And your analogy is WAY WAY WAY off.

If this is a loss that's talked about, then I would assume it's fans with no real basketball knowledge that's gabbing about it.
                          I know someone he is a season seat holder, 2 pairs of tickets. The few fans that went to this game expected to see a win, and were slapped in the face. Do you think getting destroyed at home by one of the worst teams in the league is good business? If you're gonna tank, tank selectively or just tank outright.

The team, with the exception of Bayless and DD didnt put out much effort. Fans thought they were going to watch Star Wars, but instead were given Space Balls (James Johnson was Barf)

Comment

I know someone he is a season seat holder, 2 pairs of tickets. The few fans that went to this game expected to see a win, and were slapped in the face. Do you think getting destroyed at home by one of the worst teams in the league is good business? If you're gonna tank, tank selectively or just tank outright.

The team, with the exception of Bayless and DD didnt put out much effort. Fans thought they were going to watch Star Wars, but instead were given Space Balls (James Johnson was Barf)
                            The way that this team plays, especially this year, no game is a gimme game or a game that they should automatically win. It's not like Toronto is a vastly superior team than Cleveland. No fan likes to see their team lose at home, but to think of any game for this team as an automatic win is foolish.

And why on God's green earth would you think that they would lose/tank on purpose? It's not like there's a Durant, James, Wall in this draft. Like I said before, the team is probably tired, we've gotten hit by a rash of injuries, and with the lack of talent on this team, losing is gonna happen more often than not.
                            Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

The Undertaker is still alive?

Comment

Working...
                              X