X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W.
    replied
    raptorsking wrote: View Post
    i guess guys just didn't think bosh would be that much of an factor.
    Bosh isn't a franchise player, but I can't help but notice that his skills seem to have gotten worse and worse in the eyes of Raptor fans over the last year. He brought 23 ppg, 10 rpg, average defense and the ability to manufacture points game in and game out. While he was never the player the many Raptor fans hoped he'd be, he was still good for at least 10 wins himself. I don't think anyone on the roster is good for even half that.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    50% realism, 25% expectations set too high, 25% blind faith
    Well, if you predicted 40 wins, then your 50% realism works out then, I guess, since they're sitting on 21 wins.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    I am undecided on the Jarrett Jack trade too. I think he was pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• raptorsking
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    See, I don't see this at all. Both Brand and Iguodala are better than anyone on the Raptor's roster, and they've got far more depth, too. Plus Doug Collins is a veteran coach that is renowned for getting the most out of a roster (for the first couple of years). I also thought Evans would be much better, as a rookie. I was actually very surprised at their poor start this year.

Indiana, too, has far more talent than the Raptors. Granger is a borderline All-Star, and getting Collison was a good deal for them. They have a solid front line and I really like Paul George. I think they are setting themselves up for mediocrity with the roster they have, but that's much better than the Raptors, right now.

I really don't understand what you guys saw, quite frankly. I really thought 30 games was really their ceiling.
    i guess guys just didn't think bosh would be that much of an factor.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    See, I don't see this at all. Both Brand and Iguodala are better than anyone on the Raptor's roster, and they've got far more depth, too. Plus Doug Collins is a veteran coach that is renowned for getting the most out of a roster (for the first couple of years). I also thought Evans would be much better, as a rookie. I was actually very surprised at their poor start this year.

Indiana, too, has far more talent than the Raptors. Granger is a borderline All-Star, and getting Collison was a good deal for them. They have a solid front line and I really like Paul George. I think they are setting themselves up for mediocrity with the roster they have, but that's much better than the Raptors, right now.

I really don't understand what you guys saw, quite frankly. I really thought 30 games was really their ceiling.
    50% realism, 25% expectations set too high, 25% blind faith

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    I agree. Against Indy, Philly, I thought we looked pretty good in terms of talent. At some point with all the injuries, the wheels fell off

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    I honestly thought they were going to make the playoffs, i mean the pre-season roster looked promising.

And the trade of Jack just made it even better, Calderon was able to play his game without the fear of sharing playing time.

If there were no injuries, id say we probably wouldve competed and secured the 8th spot in the east.

No offense to the others but its always a lot easier to predict failure rather than success. Nobody wouldve predicted that the Spurs, with their aging roster, be at the top of the standings right now, as well as the Bulls leading the east over Boston and Orlando. I have no doubt we couldve supplanted both the sixers and pacers for the 7th and 8th spot, again, given a healthy/full roster.
    Why is 27 wins predicting failure? I took an objective look at the roster and that's what I thought they would win. There is no success or failure. It's simply a realistic projection.

You may have thought a playoff seed was a possibility, but looking at the roster, I certainly didn't. There's not player on the roster that you know would start for a contender, you knew the defense was going to be a big problem with the personnel they had, and they'd just lost their best player, the won who could only take the team to 40 wins.

As for the Spurs, I didn't project them to be where they are, but I certainly predicted them to be one of the contending teams. Again, I looked at the roster and tried to make a realistic projections.

edit: I just noticed that I predicted 28 wins, not 27.
    Last edited by Tim W.; Fri Apr 8, 2011, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    I honestly thought they were going to make the playoffs, i mean the pre-season roster looked promising.

And the trade of Jack just made it even better, Calderon was able to play his game without the fear of sharing playing time.

If there were no injuries, id say we probably wouldve competed and secured the 8th spot in the east.

No offense to the others but its always a lot easier to predict failure rather than success. Nobody wouldve predicted that the Spurs, with their aging roster, be at the top of the standings right now, as well as the Bulls leading the east over Boston and Orlando. I have no doubt we couldve supplanted both the sixers and pacers for the 7th and 8th spot, again, given a healthy/full roster.
    I agree. Against Indy, Philly, I thought we looked pretty good in terms of talent. At some point with all the injuries, the wheels fell off

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    get off his nuts geez
    That really wasn't necessary.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied

Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Apr 8, 2011, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    get off his nuts geez
    that was sarcasm brother

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Come on man. I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. When you make statements like "I support the team and the franchise. I don't care if you don't , you can go watch baseball with Mango. Sorry, I like basketball". Why even bring up my name? What does me going to a baseball game have anything to do with your point? I'd stop trying to stir the pot if I were you.
    Well, I"m sorry you took it that way. Please accept my apology.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    get off his nuts geez
    oh boy, here we go again.

Leave a comment:

• raptorsking
    replied
    Well, if Bargs wasn't injured, we would've one all the games he missed...so....
    get off his nuts geez

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    No kidding.

I hated all the "espn doesn't respect TO because they predicted the raptors 2nd last" whining at the beginning of the year.
    I was probably one of those whiners. I think if they had kept everyone healthy they would not have been 2nd worst. However I am a true believer in everything happening for a reason. Hopefully a top 3 pick will be the payoff from the season where what could have gone wrong, did go wrong (outside of DeRozan, he was a horse this year).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X