Barbosa vs. Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa vs. Bayless

I had a thought: Would Toronto be better off with Barbosa not returning?

Rationale: Doesn't Toronto already have a younger version of Barbosa in Bayless? He certainly likes to drive shoot so why not give him free reign as the Brazilian Black Hole, er, Blur?

Bayless: 6'3" 200lbs 22 years old $3M next season

2010/2011 stats:
    67GP 19.8MPG 8.5PPG .419FG% .336 3pt% .802FT 2.3REB 3.7AST 0.0BLK 0.5STL 1.6TO

Barbosa: 6'3" 202lbs 28 years old $7.6M next season

2010/2011 stats:
    58GP 24.1MPG 13.3PPG .450FG% .338 3pt% .796FT 1.7reb 2.1AST 0.1BLK 0.9STL 1.4TO

Even though Barbosa is an undersized 2, I like both him and Bayless in the backcourt at the same time. It gives a lot of teams nightmares trying to keep up with the both of them. It's a nice change of pace when DeRozan isn't in the game.

Comment

I agree with Mango, they work well together. They both have some major "chucker" issues to deal with, but I'm sure Bayless could unlearn his as he's younger. Barbs is just Mr Offense, he will never be called "scared to shoot"

Comment

Im not sure about you guys, but i hate it when there on together. I see deffinite conflictions between them because they both want the ball the entire time. I've always been a fan of Barbosa but if we can get anything for him then trade him.

Comment

It's not the Raptor's choice whether LB returns next yr. He has the option and at 7.5 mil. approx. I believe he'll exercise it. He could be dealt though at some point.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            It's not the Raptor's choice whether LB returns next yr. He has the option and at 7.5 mil. approx. I believe he'll exercise it. He could be dealt though at some point.
            As soon as of if he opts in, he is officially tradeable.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
              Im not sure about you guys, but i hate it when there on together. I see deffinite conflictions between them because they both want the ball the entire time. I've always been a fan of Barbosa but if we can get anything for him then trade him.
              That is sort of where I am coming from. I was in a rush earlier and threw the post together pretty quick.

What I mean is could Bayless be the new Barbosa? (an undersized 2 guard to come in and lead the scoring charge on the 2nd unit).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                That is sort of where I am coming from. I was in a rush earlier and threw the post together pretty quick.

What I mean is could Bayless be the new Barbosa? (an undersized 2 guard to come in and lead the scoring charge on the 2nd unit).
                I was just watching "Raptors Today" and they were interviewing Bayless. He was very adamant they he is strictly a point guard, not a combo guard. The first time he ever played off the ball was in his freshman year at Arizona as he was paired in the back-court with the small Nic Wise, splitting point guard duties.

I would think that if we tried to force him to be only an undersized 2 guard scoring off the bench he would become unhappy very fast. I say let him run the summer league team and continue to monitor his growth as a point guard, if he can learn to get his teammates some easy looks then I am fine keeping him as a spot starter to 20 minute per game guy off the bench. Depending on who we eventually get as a full time starting PG they will be able to share the floor together for short periods of time during games.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I'd like to keep Bayless and trade Barbosa, frankly.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Raptors need to move bayless into the starting PG position. Barbosa is a special talent of the bench, he wasnt even healthy this year but still played well, we need that spark plug off the bench. Trade jose or bring him off the bench, start bayless and we are stacked.
                    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

if we get lucky and get the number 1 pick grab Kyrie. Then trade jose and bargnani and get a good center. Then we will be stacked

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        I'd like to keep Bayless and trade Barbosa, frankly.
                        I think Barbosa showed enough this year, even though he was a little beat up, that he has trade value around the league. If (when) he picks up his player option he will be owed 7.6 mil, not a crippling deal on an expiring contract for a player that can produce and give a 6th man of the year award candidate on a winning team. I think he can fetch something of value in return as well, but I wont be upset if he is still on the team next year as I don't see a better option as a back-up 2 guard right now.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

There's a handful of semi contenders who could use a instant offense type guy off the bench. I'm not sure what we'd get for him but if we got a late 1st rounder and got a guy like Lamb or Honeycutt don't you jump on it? Even from just a salary aspect?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            There's a handful of semi contenders who could use a instant offense type guy off the bench. I'm not sure what we'd get for him but if we got a late 1st rounder and got a guy like Lamb or Honeycutt don't you jump on it? Even from just a salary aspect?

We would need to take back some as well, we wont just get a draft pick....
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                              [/COLOR]
                              [/B]
                              We would need to take back some as well, we wont just get a draft pick....
                              The TPE could be used or a trade to a team very much under the salary cap like MIN or SAC.

Comment

Working...
                              X