Strength and Conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength and Conditioning

I was just reading the Statophile article on the front page, one thing stuck out:

Raptors have used 23 different starting lineups due to injury.

Injuries happen, to be sure. But our team is mainly young guys. Aside from Reggie's freak broken foot, and Barbo's frankenstein-ism, alot of our young guys are getting sidelined repeatedly.

I know nothing about the subject, but do you think there might be an issue with our strength and conditioning coaches? Like, Sonny was out for back spasms for a looonggg time. He said he didn't do the proper stretching. Shouldn't such stretching be part of a fixed routine??

i think we should just shut down whoever need surgery and keep the guys who can play. I want them to be 100% next season, so we can make some noise.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      i think we should just shut down whoever need surgery and keep the guys who can play. I want them to be 100% next season, so we can make some noise.
      I know YOU won't like this, but I'm worried about Bargs and Caldy playing for Italy and Spain this year, and Barbo for Brazil too.

Since it's pretty much 100% Amir will be back, he needs to get shutdown like 2 wks ago!

Comment

they need a yoga coach.

Comment

always hear about the Suns legendary S & C coach.

You think with how many injuries that occur in the NBA that it should be any NBA team's top priorities. I'm also gonna throw in a dietitian in there too. How many times do we hear players say there ballin so much better cause they cut out the fast food? Tyreke said it. Nash claims it's the main reason he's still playing.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            they need a yoga coach.
            You laugh but Kareem said that's how he had such a long career.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              always hear about the Suns legendary S & C coach.

You think with how many injuries that occur in the NBA that it should be any NBA team's top priorities. I'm also gonna throw in a dietitian in there too. How many times do we hear players say there ballin so much better cause they cut out the fast food? Tyreke said it. Nash claims it's the main reason he's still playing.
              Same with Reg. Last year he came back fat as hell after the foot-break. This year he is lean and mean. Same with Lamar Odom, cut out the sugar, now look at the man, he's ballin

Comment

wasn't laughing at all... yoga is awesome

i'd also suggest the team get involved in some non-machine based cardio... something gives me the feeling that nobody on the team has run on asphalt since they were high school

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  wasn't laughing at all... yoga is awesome

i'd also suggest the team get involved in some non-machine based cardio... something gives me the feeling that nobody on the team has run on asphalt since they were high school
                  Yeah, I'm sure they never run back and forth on the court either.....

Comment

I would prob pay money to watch Reggie do yoga (um... in a non-pervert way).
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I would prob pay money to watch Reggie do yoga (um... in a non-pervert way).
                      I wonder what goes on in the Northcoast sometimes?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        I wonder what goes on in the Northcoast sometimes?
                        Haha.

Seriously I tried to find the info myself but couldn't. Can anyone find out where the Raptors rank in the last few years in man games lost to injury compared to the rest of the NBA?
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Haha.

Seriously I tried to find the info myself but couldn't. Can anyone find out where the Raptors rank in the last few years in man games lost to injury compared to the rest of the NBA?
                          Very curious myself...always wondered if there was a correlation between the climate of a city and man games lost to injury.

Liston you out there?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            I know YOU won't like this, but I'm worried about Bargs and Caldy playing for Italy and Spain this year, and Barbo for Brazil too.

Since it's pretty much 100% Amir will be back, he needs to get shutdown like 2 wks ago!
                            well hopefully we trade those 2 and keep barbosa. I want to see calderon stay but he can't help us here anymore, bayless will take over next season. I have a feeling that if everything goes well in the off season and bc grabs an amazing player from the draft, we'll be able to make a run like the thunder.

Comment

Do you think LuLu Lemon makes yoga pants that would fit Reggie?

Comment

Working...
                              X