Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the Raptors were cursed by Bono and U2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Renegades of funk was my favourite, but it doesn't matter what song you have for an intro, all the positive energy will be lost in the vortex of leo rautins. Only Swirsky had enough positive energy to overcome rautins shittiness to have an impact.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Oh jesus, I really hate U2. I can't tell you how many times I had to swallow my pride and listen to that shit just so I could make out with a chick. If there was ever an album I would want to erase for eternity it would be Joshua Tree. I'm getting hives just thinking about it.

I would like Gasolina by Daddy Yankee as an intro theme

Daddy Yankee? 5 or 6 years ago maybe. If you're gonna go Old Reggaeton, at least go with Tego, El Abayarde maybe?

Public Enemy Lost at Birth would be hype.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorDan
    replied
    Oh jesus, I really hate U2. I can't tell you how many times I had to swallow my pride and listen to that shit just so I could make out with a chick. If there was ever an album I would want to erase for eternity it would be Joshua Tree. I'm getting hives just thinking about it.

I would like Gasolina by Daddy Yankee as an intro theme

Leave a comment:

• The Rawth
    replied
    perfect fit would be 'Hell Breaks Loose' by Eminem

Leave a comment:

• Beaverboi
    replied
    Puff the Magic Dragon?

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    Hate me now was good, but I felt the orchestra was kind of overkill.

Personally, I like the 2007-2008 Intro song...I believe it was "Stronger" by Kanye West. I thought that, at the time, it definitely fit the Raptors really well.
    Remember the name is good too

Leave a comment:

• webcrawler89
    replied
    Hate me now was good, but I felt the orchestra was kind of overkill.

Personally, I like the 2007-2008 Intro song...I believe it was "Stronger" by Kanye West. I thought that, at the time, it definitely fit the Raptors really well.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    They should come out to "Baby Beluga" by Raffi

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Wasn't the 1st year "Everybody Walk the Dinosaur"?

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    best intro song

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Last year was really weird. they scrapped their theme half way through the season, used Fat Joe Lean Back for a month or so, then went back to the Notorious BIG and Diddy theme they used like 5 yrs ago, wtf

at any rate, at least no 4 Korners this year!

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    Agreed man, I think every team should have a really cool theme song. Chicago has "Sirius" and I'm pretty sure the Lakers use "Baba O'Riley". Both are epic songs that really pump up the atmosphere for people in their arena. I've even heard OKC use "Thunderstruck" a couple of times (although it's a cover version)

Similarly, I think the Raptor's really need something classic. I mean, I'm not opposed to a rap song being used, but let's get a good, meaningful rap song, not just some remix with hard beats. something that fans can really get into.

If anyone knows if there are other teams that have a "theme song" like the 3 mentioned above, please let us know, I'd really be interested in knowing.
    "Hate me now" by nas

Leave a comment:

• webcrawler89
    replied
    Agreed man, I think every team should have a really cool theme song. Chicago has "Sirius" and I'm pretty sure the Lakers use "Baba O'Riley". Both are epic songs that really pump up the atmosphere for people in their arena. I've even heard OKC use "Thunderstruck" a couple of times (although it's a cover version)

Similarly, I think the Raptor's really need something classic. I mean, I'm not opposed to a rap song being used, but let's get a good, meaningful rap song, not just some remix with hard beats. something that fans can really get into.

If anyone knows if there are other teams that have a "theme song" like the 3 mentioned above, please let us know, I'd really be interested in knowing.

EDIT: Just listing the videos I could find for their openings. The Lakers one starts a little bit in the middle after the "BacktoBack" Champions intro.

OKC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbve...eature=related

CHI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV_Sga7ODOs

LAL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBFT_oiROo
    Last edited by webcrawler89; Fri Apr 8, 2011, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    no the best intro songs were "its my time" by fabulous and "hello good mornin" by Diddy.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Renegades is no doubt a good song but the actual words and meaning of the song had nothing to do with the team. Personally I think intro songs should have a good beat to pump the players and the crowd up and also the words should have some connection to what's about to transpire on the floor.
    Beck - Loser?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X