Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Toronto Raptor fans also Harry Potter fans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are Toronto Raptor fans also Harry Potter fans?

    There must be some sort of correlation between the two, what else would explain all the "just trade this guy for that guy" or trade this guy and sign this player as a free agent and we are set" or "get rid of the coach/GM and bring in fill in the blank and we will be better" Those fans must believe in magic, and I an not talking about Johnson, and are hoping for a wand to cure what is affecting this team. They post things like it is so simple to have a championship team, I just don't get the lack of reality...
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

  • #2
    magic is still alive.... that's gotta be some weird form of dark magic

    i totally agree with you.. there's alot of "just cuz i can think of it, that means i must argue for it like it's based in truth"

    Comment


    • #3
      heinz57 wrote: View Post
      magic is still alive.... that's gotta be some weird form of dark magic

      i totally agree with you.. there's alot of "just cuz i can think of it, that means i must argue for it like it's based in truth"
      Plus Kleiza looks like that russian dude that plays broom frisbee and got tossed off by a dragon at Hogwarts

      Last edited by Multipaul; Fri Apr 8, 2011, 02:54 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        WJF wrote: View Post
        There must be some sort of correlation between the two, what else would explain all the "just trade this guy for that guy" or trade this guy and sign this player as a free agent and we are set" or "get rid of the coach/GM and bring in fill in the blank and we will be better" Those fans must believe in magic, and I an not talking about Johnson, and are hoping for a wand to cure what is affecting this team. They post things like it is so simple to have a championship team, I just don't get the lack of reality...
        +1.

        PS Fire Triano
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

        Comment


        • #5
          Man I was really pumped for a Harry Potter thread. This is just like the Raptors, disappointing and unsatisfying.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

          -Churchill

          Comment


          • #6
            hateslosing wrote: View Post
            Man I was really pumped for a Harry Potter thread. This is just like the Raptors, disappointing and unsatisfying.
            This might be just me but I wouldn't admit that to people.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

            Comment


            • #7
              Employee wrote: View Post
              This might be just me but I wouldn't admit that to people.
              Yeah, i was curious about "really pumped for a Harry Potter thread"

              Comment


              • #8
                WJF wrote: View Post
                There must be some sort of correlation between the two, what else would explain all the "just trade this guy for that guy" or trade this guy and sign this player as a free agent and we are set" or "get rid of the coach/GM and bring in fill in the blank and we will be better" Those fans must believe in magic, and I an not talking about Johnson, and are hoping for a wand to cure what is affecting this team. They post things like it is so simple to have a championship team, I just don't get the lack of reality...
                Well articulated. I think it stems from a generation of kids who feel entitled for the best without having earned it. You can't just make a winning team out of nothing. You have to build it, and grow it organically. How many teams that have tried to buy quick fixes have ever succeeded in winning. Orlando? Nope. Cleveland? Nope. It depressing that we have to rebuild again and go through all this crap...again. But it looks like management is committed to doing it properly this time. That is encouraging.
                Welp, that sucked.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Employee wrote: View Post
                  This might be just me but I wouldn't admit that to people.
                  I thought this was going to be another one of those fun threads multipaul used to do where Bargs was compared to some fictional character. Bargs could be Potter, Bosh could be Voldermort sort of thing. Probably would have been fun.

                  Plus Harry Potter is an ok series of books, particularly the later ones. I think a lot of the literary merit of the books has been lost on people because of there popularity, but there is some strong use of themes, symbolism, and cosmic irony throughout the series. I think it's sort of like the Narnia series that way, a fairly good literary piece that is not initially recognized because it's so popular.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                  -Churchill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    I thought this was going to be another one of those fun threads multipaul used to do where Bargs was compared to some fictional character. Bargs could be Potter, Bosh could be Voldermort sort of thing. Probably would have been fun.

                    Plus Harry Potter is an ok series of books, particularly the later ones. I think a lot of the literary merit of the books has been lost on people because of there popularity, but there is some strong use of themes, symbolism, and cosmic irony throughout the series. I think it's sort of like the Narnia series that way, a fairly good literary piece that is not initially recognized because it's so popular.
                    Man, you almost make me want to read the books now

                    PS- Bargs is Potter!

                    Weems is Ron Weasley!

                    Demar is Hermaphrodite!

                    Triano is Voldemork

                    Reggie is that bearded dude!

                    Micah Nori is the bleached haired little biotch!

                    Kleiza is tha Ruski that the dragon tossed off!

                    BC is that black haired snakey guy!

                    James Johnson is that asian bird Harry was tappin!

                    Barbo is that ork guy named Doobie

                    Ed Davis is a broom!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      I thought this was going to be another one of those fun threads multipaul used to do where Bargs was compared to some fictional character. Bargs could be Potter, Bosh could be Voldermort sort of thing. Probably would have been fun.
                      Kleiza = Viktor Krum
                      Reggie = Hagrid

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Alabi = Harry's fat cousin who was always eating cake

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          Ed Davis is a broom!
                          I laughed out loud at this.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                          -Churchill

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            PJ Carlesimo is Ron Weasley's dad

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wish I could contribute but I got my reputation to think about.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X