Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enes vs Jonas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enes vs Jonas


  • #2
    Some consider Jonas the better player. He's #3 at Draft Express.

    This thread will be moved shortly...
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

    Comment


    • #3
      pran wrote: View Post
      who do we take?Valanciunas (I would trade bargnani straight up for this guy)
      and use our much higher pick to get kyrie!

      thoughts?
      Absolutely. Spoken about in the draft and trade forums to look to try to get another pick (sacramento's?) and draft an Irving/Valenciunas or Barnes/Valenciunas, or hell even an Irving/Barnes.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Valciunas has a brighter future. There is an interview with him posted on Draft Express where he talks about his dedication to being a good pick and roll finisher, and if there is one thing we want from our bigs, it's to be good in pick/screen and roll situations. Add the fact that he has almost limitless potential in terms of putting on size and I think you have the best center prospect in the draft. Kanter looks good but I think his ceiling is lower than Val's.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

        -Churchill

        Comment


        • #5
          Just out of interest, why do you say that Kanter is a poor help defender? That's not what I've seen from the couple of games that I'ver seen of him. I don't think he's going to be a great shotblocker, but you can be an excellent help defender but not a great shotblocker.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

          Comment


          • #6
            Three things in the comparison that come to my mind:

            1) Kanter's knees - if they check out, fine. If not, will he be like Roy? Awesome for 4 years and then..... The NBA is a brutal schedule.

            2) Kanter has been known about for years - he is almost like a phenom. Compare the development of Valanciunas. He has become a force in Euro-competition at his age group in the last 2 years. His frame, and shoulders in particular, are perfect to add size/muscle.

            3) I think Kanter might be better right now but Valanciunas has a higher ceiling - all my opinion of course.

            Comment


            • #7
              Either would be great. And does someone honestly think that the 27th team in the league has assets to trade for a high 1st round draft choice without touching ED or DD. Pure fantasy in my opinion...

              Comment


              • #8
                I dont think i have anyone say this in a thread yet but the Raptors should take both players. We have no real centers on this team and if we drafted both kanter and Valanciunas we would have a stater and a back up. also if both improove we have to awsoome c's and a trade asset.
                Last edited by pesterm1; Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 06:40 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  meductic wrote: View Post
                  Either would be great. And does someone honestly think that the 27th team in the league has assets to trade for a high 1st round draft choice without touching ED or DD. Pure fantasy in my opinion...
                  Ya, i tihnk alot of ppl do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Three things in the comparison that come to my mind:

                    1) Kanter's knees - if they check out, fine. If not, will he be like Roy? Awesome for 4 years and then..... The NBA is a brutal schedule.

                    2) Kanter has been known about for years - he is almost like a phenom. Compare the development of Valanciunas. He has become a force in Euro-competition at his age group in the last 2 years. His frame, and shoulders in particular, are perfect to add size/muscle.

                    3) I think Kanter might be better right now but Valanciunas has a higher ceiling - all my opinion of course.
                    we shall know alot more come the workouts ! when are those sometime in may ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There are some f/a possibilities this summer for a centre. I would discount the offensive capabilities of the C and just have passing, making fts and general defense as necessary qualities. The team is very young as is and there shall be other drafts.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Both Kanter and Valanciunas look pretty good. I didn't know about Kanter's knee problems. That certainly is a huge red flag. Who wants another Oden or Roy. The Draft is always exciting.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          People are saying Jonas has a good frame to add muscle here but I don't know. He looks like a lanky body type to me and adding weight may slow him down and put pressure on his knees. Also he has put on almost zero weight nor has his muscle tone improved the past 2 years. While he's a good finisher with great size and a nasty streak, his half court game, from what little I've seen and the reports I've read, is a serious work in progress. I'd be careful about this guy. He screams Euro in the bad way: Not physical, too light, not enough of a grinder and he's missing some classic Euro "pluses" like a shot. I'm not saying he'd be a bust but he is definitely a project and despite him saying his buyout is "no problem" I doubt that's true.

                          Enes... well Enes obviously hasn't really played in 2 seasons but he has been practicing with KU so he's more familiar with the North American game, has a great body for a low post player and has some serious skill. The red flags about his knees are well founded. Big, heavy dudes with bad knees are never a good thing. Oden, Pryz, Bynum and the history books have many more. That being said, I'd take the risk on EK. He's more NBA ready, is more the type of post player Toronto has always needed (regardless of Bargs being here or not) and is the harder to get player. I love lanky wing players and forwards but give me a beast down low any day. How good would a young Al Jeff look alongside Special Ed?
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            minks77 wrote: View Post
                            People are saying Jonas has a good frame to add muscle here but I don't know. He looks like a lanky body type to me and adding weight may slow him down and put pressure on his knees. Also he has put on almost zero weight nor has his muscle tone improved the past 2 years. While he's a good finisher with great size and a nasty streak, his half court game, from what little I've seen and the reports I've read, is a serious work in progress. I'd be careful about this guy. He screams Euro in the bad way: Not physical, too light, not enough of a grinder and he's missing some classic Euro "pluses" like a shot. I'm not saying he'd be a bust but he is definitely a project and despite him saying his buyout is "no problem" I doubt that's true.

                            Enes... well Enes obviously hasn't really played in 2 seasons but he has been practicing with KU so he's more familiar with the North American game, has a great body for a low post player and has some serious skill. The red flags about his knees are well founded. Big, heavy dudes with bad knees are never a good thing. Oden, Pryz, Bynum and the history books have many more. That being said, I'd take the risk on EK. He's more NBA ready, is more the type of post player Toronto has always needed (regardless of Bargs being here or not) and is the harder to get player. I love lanky wing players and forwards but give me a beast down low any day. How good would a young Al Jeff look alongside Special Ed?
                            Im sorry but I almost completely disagree with everything you said in your 1st paragraph
                            1)like you said everyone's saying he has a good frame to add muscle, except you of course
                            2)No weight gained from the age of 16-18, because not one single teen has a insanely high metabolism at that age
                            3)His lack of bulk actually makes him a bad finisher, he gets most of his points at the free throw
                            4)Not physical, too light, not enough of a grinder, (the dude is like the anti bargs have you watched this clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruI_...layer_embedded
                            5)I mainly disagree because his strengths will immediately translate as a centre at the nba level
                            good help defender, MOST of his points comes from the pick and roll, good rebounder with an excellent motor, excellent passer out of the post, High Basketball IQ
                            6)The ONLY thing against him is his bulk, and lack of post moves

                            But fair enough, he is at this point not a finished product

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Like a said 100x before, no Enes because he's injury prone. I don't really want us taking that risk with a top 5 pick at this stage of the rebuild.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X