Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goog wrote: View Post
    Jerryd Bayless as a starter is averageing 18 points and 8 assists in 11 games how much more does he have to do to make you think he`s for real?
    Jose gave us better numbers in more games before we resigned him to his current contract, which at the time seemed quite resonable. I have been impressed by bayless's defence especially in the close loss to Chicago but i'm still not sold. However, if Irving is not available I don't think I want to use a top 5 pick on Walker or Knight. I haven't scouted either Kanter or Val-what-ev-er-ius so I can't comment. Derrick Williams did impress me and I would have been okay with taking him with the 5th pick, however, I'm not sure I like him with the 3rd pick, but I guess we have to draft somebody. I do remeber arizona's old coach being asked at halftime during one of the games what former Arizona player Williams reminds him of. He repsonded by saying that Willams reminded him of Iggy with his frame and atheleticism but that Williams was "a better shooter obviously". Not sure what it's worth, but there you have it.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Its good to see JB play well but the team needs more of a period of such play before handing him the top job at pg. He has needed time to get adjusted to the team and playbook but this not the "A" team and not in games that matter and he still makes many shoot-first decisions. There were times last night when the Sixers easily trapped/double teamed him into a steal or bad pass. Not picking on him but the last shot was not a good one...he had more time and he was in bad position/off balance. This could have been a badly drawn up play but he has more to improve. He clearly believes he is a starter and confidence is not his problem. But if Irving is available I'd pick him and if he is not at least there is some hope in that position and that JB becomes more of a distributor.

Comment

i dont think were getting irving guys. i bet bayless will be our starter next year.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
          It's like saying Washington should have started Kirk Hinrich until John wall gets into the flow. You don't draft the best player in Draft to have him coming off the bench.
          Irving is not coming to the draft with anywhere near the same excitement that John Wall brought with him. At this point there is no way to say Irving will star in the league or how long it will take him to even bring more to the table than a 22 year old Bayless.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
            It's like saying Washington should have started Kirk Hinrich until John wall gets into the flow. You don't draft the best player in Draft to have him coming off the bench.
            whatever man.

Comment

i'd rather draft kanter and get rid of barny

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                i'd rather draft kanter and get rid of barny
                i would to draft enes kanter and trade bargs for a small foward

Comment

Goog wrote: View Post
                  i would to draft enes kanter and trade bargs for a small foward
                  good idea, then trade jose for a 1st rounder
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                    good idea, then trade jose for a 1st rounder
                    YEA! its a win win situation

Comment

Bayless is stacked, if we dont give him a chance to be a starting PG next year, we need to get our head examined. That being said, we got to draft the best possible player available, but preferably a SF or a C, use bargnani and calderon off the bench or trade them and we are alright. Notice how our team is holding teams to under a 100 points more often than not, when we have bargnani and calderon out? I dont think that is jus a coincidence ... defense wins championships gentleman, a bench with weems, bargnani, calderon, and barbosa can do some serious damage, I am excited about our raptors next year ... I think this combination of Bayless and Derozan can quite possible be the best 1-2 combination the raptors have ever had, add to that a defense first power center and we could surprise some people.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

From whatever I've seen of Irving, he's at least two years away from being a good NBA point guard. That timeline is right in line with when the Raptors are next expected to be good, so I don't see a big issue in selecting a "prospect" here. Keep in mind that scouts and GMs agree that the point guard is the hardest position to transition to coming from college, it's not a knock on Irving that it'll take some time for him.

Flynn, Holiday, and even Rondo took more than a year before coming into their own, so if anybody is thinking that Irving is going to have an immediate impact, they're in for a disappointment. It's likely that Bayless will have a higher PER than Irving if they both start for their respective teams.

Comment

I think people should temper their expectations regarding Bayless. He's definitely played well since being given the opportunity to start recently, but he's also had some long stretches this season where he's been terrible. I'm not ready to pronounce him as the point guard of the future after a handful of good games when the Raps (and a lot of their opponents as well) are merely playing out the schedule.

I don't think anyone can question Bayless' ability, but it's the maturity and mental apsects of the game that raise warning flags. He reacts poorly to being taken out of the game, doesn't play particularly well when asked to come off the bench and I can't count the times this season when Bayless has gotten into a glorified game of one on one with whoever was the opposing PG. Some people consider this a "competitive streak" but more often than not it's detrimental to his own play as well as the entire teams.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a player as talented as Bayless is already on his third team in three years. The kid can play but still needs to mature a lot before I'd trust him running the team on a night in/night out basis. If he can harness that competitiveness in a productive way instead of letting it escape in the form of moodiness or a poor attitude, he's got the potential to be a great player. But he's not there yet.
                          Last edited by Fully; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Why pay more for a rookie PG, I rather pay less for Bayless, thats how I see it. Draft Kanter , trade Bargs for SF, and trade Jose for a top 14 1st rounder.
                            Last edited by e2thed; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 12:27 PM.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              Why pay more for a rookie PG, I rather pay less for Bayless, thats how I see it. Draft Kanter , trade Bargs for SF, and trade Jose for a top 14 1st rounder.
                              Who's gonna give you a top-14 pick for Calderon? What team really wants to absorb that type of contract?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Who's gonna give you a top-14 pick for Calderon? What team really wants to absorb that type of contract?
                                You're prob right man.

The more I see Bayless the more I think he should start. Jose has shown he can be a game changer coming off the bench. Bayless is like that, but the opposite.

This, if the Raps don't draft a PG.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X