Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Least Efficient Team In League?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey
    replied
    And yet the Raptors are probably bringing IN more money, per win, than any other team in the league.

    Wait ... doesn't that make us all suckers?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arsenalist
    replied
    Forbes Magazine: Raptors the least cost-effective team in the NBA

    http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/...ent-nba-teams/

    Leave a comment:


  • Apollo
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Kemba was amazing to watch. Dare I say, he will be as good as D Rose
    I'm not crowning him with any MVP's just yet but I think he will be a good player. He also has a good head on his shoulders.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Kemba was amazing to watch. Dare I say, he will be as good as D Rose
    You may say, indeed. Maybe not as good, but he has a chance to be real good.
    He's the only one that will come close to that kind of Explosiveness that the likes of John Wall and DRose possess, but he's got the size and quickness of a CP3 or Ty Lawson. Kemba will be an impact player in the league. Book it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Multipaul
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    His ability to run an offense is not in question. His ability to hit jump shots consistently is in question. Dude has an amazing A/T and of all the games I watched him play this year he had no problem making his teammates better. He was an excellent distributor. People are questioning his passing ability because of the number of shots he takes. It's been well established that he takes those shots because his coach wants him to. Go watch some UCONN film. That team was extremely weak and shallow. He carried them to the finals. The guy makes everyone on the floor better.

    I also find it funny how some people tend to shave an inch or two off a player's height when they're not high on that particular player. It doesn't further an argument.

    Draft Express lists him as 6'0"
    ESPN has him at 6'1"
    NBADraft.net has him at 6'0"
    Yahoo has him at 6'2"
    UCONN's own website has him at 6'1"
    Kemba was amazing to watch. Dare I say, he will be as good as D Rose

    Leave a comment:


  • Apollo
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You call Bargnani the King, yet now you want to build around a 5'9 PG whose ability to run an offense is questionable?
    His ability to run an offense is not in question. His ability to hit jump shots consistently is in question. Dude has an amazing A/T and of all the games I watched him play this year he had no problem making his teammates better. He was an excellent distributor. People are questioning his passing ability because of the number of shots he takes. It's been well established that he takes those shots because his coach wants him to. Go watch some UCONN film. That team was extremely weak and shallow. He carried them to the finals. The guy makes everyone on the floor better.

    I also find it funny how some people tend to shave an inch or two off a player's height when they're not high on that particular player. It doesn't further an argument.

    Draft Express lists him as 6'0"
    ESPN has him at 6'1"
    NBADraft.net has him at 6'0"
    Yahoo has him at 6'2"
    UCONN's own website has him at 6'1"

    Leave a comment:


  • Multipaul
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You call Bargnani the King, yet now you want to build around a 5'9 PG whose ability to run an offense is questionable?
    Tim didn't watch the NCAA tourney at all clearly

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim W.
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Apollo, one thing I have said many times, is that Dre is our best player, BUT, i dont' think we should try and build around him as a leader or anything like that.

    That's what King Kemba is for
    You call Bargnani the King, yet now you want to build around a 5'9 PG whose ability to run an offense is questionable?

    Leave a comment:


  • Multipaul
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I am not blaming anything on him. I'm telling you this team will go no where with a one dimensional player leading the way.
    Apollo, one thing I have said many times, is that Dre is our best player, BUT, i dont' think we should try and build around him as a leader or anything like that.

    That's what King Kemba is for

    Leave a comment:


  • Brandon
    replied
    Watch Derozan, he is one of the worst players on the raps defensively, but he continues to get praised. Everyone needs their whipping boy, but Bargnani is the player we thought he was, and is and will continue to be one the best scoring big-men in the league.
    I don't praise DeRozan. He can score points but can't do anything else. But DDR doesn't play the position of defensive backstop on this basketball team. He isn't the last line of defense. I agree that Bargnani is one of the best scoring big men in the league, -- he causes a lot of points to be scored on both ends of the floor.

    Leave a comment:


  • Apollo
    replied
    I am not blaming anything on him. I'm telling you this team will go no where with a one dimensional player leading the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Multipaul
    replied
    WBG416 wrote: View Post
    I agree, But ideally andrea shouldnt be our best player.

    I hate building around big men, we already tried it and it didn't work. We really need to find a good wing man, with andrea as the 2nd option.
    Don't listen to these guys WBG, they are so full of angst to Andrea for some unknown reason. They blame everything on him. Hell, they are taking one of the best statisticians in the game, Wayne Winston, and saying he is not credible cuz he likes Bargs. That's like saying "Einstein likes Bargs, so the theory of relativity is not valid anymore!"

    Keep the faith!

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim W.
    replied
    WBG416 wrote: View Post
    Brooke lopez is also not a good a rebounder, or a good defensive player for that matter. But no one is blaming him for the Nets deficiencies.
    Actually, Lopez is a pretty decent defensive player. Not sure why you say he's not. He is a rebounding badly this year, which is why people aren't nearly as high on him this year as last year.

    WBG416 wrote: View Post
    Clearly the raptors need defensive players to compliment bargs, if we could somehow swing a deal for ron artest, or draft a defensive sf, the raps would be looking alot better right now.
    Any team is better when you get better defensive player, but it's not about complimenting Bargnani. It's about trying to hide his liabilities. And while Bargnani is a very good offensive player, he's really not good enough to build an entire team around.

    WBG416 wrote: View Post
    Watch Derozan, he is one of the worst players on the raps defensively, but he continues to get praised. Everyone needs their whipping boy, but Bargnani is the player we thought he was, and is and will continue to be one the best scoring big-men in the league.
    If DeRozan doesn't improve his defense over the next year or two, you can damn well bet people will be jumping on DeRozan for it. But the fact is that he's improved defensively, and, for the most part, he's somewhat adequate, at this point. He's still not good and needs to improve, but he's shown he has the ability to become a decent defender. He's already better than Bargnani.

    And yes, he continues to be one of the best scoring big men in the league who is also one of the worst defensively. Together that makes him a pretty average player, overall. Is that really something you want to build around?

    WBG416 wrote: View Post
    If the raps get a center (move ab to pf), a small forward, and possibly a pointguard. We would have a good team. In doing this we would probably have to trade Amir, because he would be a redundant player in this scenario.
    If the Raptors get a center, it will be to trade Bargnani, not move him so he'll be taking time away from Ed Davis, who actually is productive on both ends of the court. Given a choice between the two, I take Davis over Bargnani every time. And I'm guessing most, if not all, teams would do the same.

    Leave a comment:


  • golden
    replied
    WBG416 wrote: View Post
    So many Bargnani haters.

    Bargnani will never be a rebounding, gritty center. Thats just not his game.

    Brooke lopez is also not a good a rebounder, or a good defensive player for that matter. But no one is blaming him for the Nets deficiencies.
    They sure are. Starting with Avery Johnson not liking Lopez' lack of rebounding for a 7-footer. It's like the early days of Bargs and Smitch all over again. Just wait 'til year 5, if Lopez doesn't improve his defense. One of them will be gone, and the fans will have turned on the kid.

    Leave a comment:


  • golden
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Wayne Winston is clearly the Andrea Bargnani of statisticians. He doesn't even publish the standard (devation) error, which is the biggest problem with adjusted +/-. A half season worth of data is rubbish using adjusted +/- methods, and this seems like more of a publicity play than serious stat work, IMO.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X