Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    seriously?
    They dressed nine guys, rolled with only seven for a big chunk and yet they busted their ass and played together for the entire 48 minutes. They held down a nice lead until they ran out of gas due to having little to no rest. So, yes, seriously.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      so I was watching this game and every single play, I was asking myself what the hell are these guys doing. I know the season is lost and we are tanking but seriously I want to go to one of their practices to see what these coaches are teaching these young kids. 81 games into the season and this team is still making common sense mistakes.

Example why on earth is bayless making a entry pass from the top of the key to derozan on the strong side, doesn't he see that there are 2 defenders that are less than a step away to collaspe on him in the post! swing it to the weak side or swing it into the corner to make the entry pass there. The even funnier thing was they ran the same play and did the same thing several different times in the quarter. I can't understand why you make that pass, how many times you going to watch them steal the ball and run down to the other end for a easy basket.

When derozan does get the ball why he thinks in his right mind he is going to go through 3 people I don't know, there are some other people on the floor who are actually open.

bayless has no basketball iq whats so ever, I counted it 5 straight times down the court he either turned the ball over doing something stupid like driving into 3 people or made terrible terrible basketball decisions that lead to turn overs.

some of the sets they tried to run were absolutely horrendous why in gods name they want to bring triano back next year is beyond me, is being canadian enough to justify such bad coaching?
      I think you are being much too harsh on Bayless and the rest of the team after a very late arrival, a back to back game, many starters not even making the trip and a team of 8. "Sets"...what sets? The guys were playing on fumes with mates who had probably never played together at once even in practice. Bayless & DD were the # 1 & 2 options for the evening, period. With JJ thrown in there somewhere. The rest was "get it when you can" hustle points. Bayless had to get DD the ball even if he were triple teamed or shoot it himself or the game would have been over by halftime. To be honest what impressed me was how the defense played (which really requires putting out) keeping the Bucks to just about 40 pts at the half...with some help from them obviously.

Defense and pride were really enjoyable to sense considering the season so far with 1 game to go. They could just have rolled over and did not. Its also not lost on me that some were playing for next year. But slagging offensive sets should not have been a criticizing point in that particular game.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I think you are being much too harsh on Bayless and the rest of the team after a very late arrival, a back to back game, many starters not even making the trip and a team of 8. "Sets"...what sets? The guys were playing on fumes with mates who had probably never played together at once even in practice. Bayless & DD were the # 1 & 2 options for the evening, period. With JJ thrown in there somewhere. The rest was "get it when you can" hustle points. Bayless had to get DD the ball even if he were triple teamed or shoot it himself or the game would have been over by halftime. To be honest what impressed me was how the defense played (which really requires putting out) keeping the Bucks to just about 40 pts at the half...with some help from them obviously.

Defense and pride were really enjoyable to sense considering the season so far with 1 game to go. They could just have rolled over and did not. Its also not lost on me that some were playing for next year. But slagging offensive sets should not have been a criticizing point in that particular game.
        this freestyle basketball is exactly why this team is bad and will probably remain bad. The best shot is a open one!

Comment

Bayless has been good but I'm beginning to wonder if it's simply a "good player putting up inflated stats on a bad team" type deal. He rarely creates for others and I wouldnt say his defense is THAT much better than Calderons.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
          X