Anthony Parker Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Parker Appreciation

The 36-year-old shooting guard is the most senior member on the Cavaliers' roster, and he is only player whose contract expires at the end of this season. This is also when the NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement expires, when a universally anticipated lockout could disrupt play. If the lockout shortens next season significantly or entirely, Parker admits that he might not have another opportunity to play.

"Weirder things have happened," he said. "But I don't know how many people will take a look at a 37 year old after sitting out a whole year."

In the meantime, Parker probably will relocate his family to his off-season home in Tampa, Fla., vacating the Cleveland home he rents. He's not sure when he'll be back in Ohio, or if he will.

Parker is the Cavaliers' players representative, and will continue to serve that role in labor discussions. But the possibility of his career ending if there is an extended lockout won't encourage him to lobby for a quick resolution.

"I'm going to do the best thing for the players," Parker said. "A lot of players sacrificed before us to get the situation we're in now, and so I'm willing to sacrifice for the players who come after us."
    Source: Cleveland.com

The lockout is a certainty now given that the players and owners won't meet again until summer kicks off. How long the lockout lasts is hard to say but the players and owners are currently far apart on an agreement. It seems like it could be a lengthy lockout. That means Parker may be done in the league. As such, maybe it's time to have a thread where we reminisce on all the great moment he gave us Raptors fans. It is my personal opinion that he is once of the best SGs to ever play in Toronto. His game wasn't always exciting but he always hanged his hat on consistency, fundamentals and hard work. He was equally effective on both sides of the court in Toronto.

Nooooooo!!! It's not possible!!!!!!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Source: Cleveland.com

The lockout is a certainty now given that the players and owners won't meet again until summer kicks off. How long the lockout lasts is hard to say but the players and owners are currently far apart on an agreement. It seems like it could be a lengthy lockout. That means Parker may be done in the league. As such, maybe it's time to have a thread where we reminisce on all the great moment he gave us Raptors fans. It is my personal opinion that he is once of the best SGs to ever play in Toronto. His game wasn't always exciting but he always hanged his hat on consistency, fundamentals and hard work. He was equally effective on both sides of the court in Toronto.
      I would have no problem with AP as a third string SG acting as more of a coach, mentor, and role model for the young players.

Comment

Agree 100%. One of my all time favorite raptors.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He'd be a great guy to have around DeMar, JJ and Sonny (if he's back) as a mentor.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I would have no problem with AP as a third string SG acting as more of a coach, mentor, and role model for the young players.
            That right there is an outstanding idea.

Comment

he'd make an awesome assistant coach.

Comment

if we're going to have an anthony parker appreciation thread since you're coming to the conclusion that he's prolly "done in the league", where the hell is mo pete's cause if anthony parker is pretty much done, mo pete is definitely done
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Mo Pete is a couple years younger and he hasn't come out and said he's going to retire if such and such happens.

Comment

ya, but, i'm still pretty positive that ap at...what? 3 years the elder of mo pete is better than current mo pete.

get my point?
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I do get your point but there is no reason to suspect Mo Pete won't be back. That's my point. This has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with the fact that Parker is hinting at retirement.

Comment

The First Impossibility!!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I do get your point but there is no reason to suspect Mo Pete won't be back. That's my point. This has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with the fact that Parker is hinting at retirement.
                          I say it's only a matter of time before mo pete does the same. but, hey, what the hell do i know?

@jeff: love that shit.

Comment

Working...
                          X