Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smushmush
    replied
    From the Dave Hopla assessment of Demar's 3 point shots, it is clear DD has a long way to go before he even becomes at least a 30% 3 point shooter. Here is the assessment imo -

1. He has bad body mechanics - now this is the tough one lol . One, if he wants to get a solid 3 point shot in the offseason, he needs 1 month or more intensive gym training with Dave Hopla and one of the class act guys and 3 point shooters in Dale Ellis, Ray Allen or Peja Stojakovic on his body mechanics. Basically for a good 3 point shot, one has to have both feet close to each other, square the elbow and hands to the rim for a follow through on the shot (that is what we think that is arrogance by the three point shooters, but imo is innate to them) with a flick of the wrist to put an arc on the shot and the feet should not be ahead of each other (all body mechanics that Demar is defying lmao). He has to get the body mechanics pat before he even thinks of practicing the 3 point shots especially correcting the feet ahead of each other (except if he wants to be in Bruce Bowen territory ugh lol ).

2. He now has to get the shooting mechanics right after getting the body mechanics right to finally get a decent 3 point shot (a decent 3 point percentage imo is at least 35%). He can get it imo - look at Deng and Rip hamilton - the kings of mid-range who had spectacular 3 point shooting seasons this season.

Here is the list for where Demar needs to improve:-
    1. Perimeter defense
    2. Three point shot (at least 35% to get respect from opposing defenses, 40%+ will
    now be a better target as a ceiling - that is elite territory imo)
    3. Posting up on mismatches and using one of a floater, jumphook, skyhook, spin off or an up and under to score.
    4. Average ball-handling and court vision to utilize pick and rolls to rack up assists.
    5. Rebounding.
    6. Utilizing screens for curl of screens for 2 or 3 point shots.

The celing for Demar imo after he gets all this is 20-22 ppg on 12-15 shots per game (efficient shooting), 4.5-5 apg, 4.5-5 rpg and 1-1.5 spg with 5-7 free throw attempts per game.

"Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Arsenalist
    replied
    Apparently Hopla only signs three-day training contracts, the guy is in demand. He made like 107 straight shots or something in his last training session in Toronto, caught everyone's eye obviously.

Leave a comment:

• webcrawler89
    replied
    LOL Bargs and DD are best friends? Oh Multipaul, you crack me up sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    DOn't you know? Europeans and North Americans can't hang out together because Europeans just end up sleeping with North American's ex-girlfriends.
    LMAO, good one man. Charlz! Charlz!

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    DOn't you know? Europeans and North Americans can't hang out together because Europeans just end up sleeping with North American's ex-girlfriends.
    It's all that Hair-Gel they employ. And their fancy accents.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Well, I didn't mean JUST Bargs, but Bargs is a pretty good 3 baller, plus they could hang out together. Team building. Psychological bonding.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    I am actually concerned, because you were doing fine and then suddenly started going off the deep end. And you haven't respected my stat-based, logical arguments. You've ignored them.

Why do you think Bargnani can teach DeRozan to shoot? because he can do it himself? That's not a reason. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean he can teach it. DeRozan needs to go to someone who knows how to teach.
    Well, I didn't mean JUST Bargs, but Bargs is a pretty good 3 baller, plus they could hang out together. Team building. Psychological bonding.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Tim, your medication comment is borderline inflammatory and screams of instigation to me. I have respected your jaded unreal hate fueled biased untrue view of Bargs, and not attacked you. Please provide me with the same courtesy.

Bargs is a better 3 baller than Demar. They are teammates, and best friends. I think it would be great for Bargs to help out DD with his 3 pt shot. Makes sense to me.
    I am actually concerned, because you were doing fine and then suddenly started going off the deep end. And you haven't respected my stat-based, logical arguments. You've ignored them.

Why do you think Bargnani can teach DeRozan to shoot? because he can do it himself? That's not a reason. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean he can teach it. DeRozan needs to go to someone who knows how to teach.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Can you please go back on your medication. You're starting to go overboard with the Bargnani love. Wasn't it you who chastised me for bringing Bargnani up in threads that weren't about him? Isn't that what you're doing in just about every thread, now?
    Tim, your medication comment is borderline inflammatory and screams of instigation to me. I have respected your jaded unreal hate fueled biased untrue view of Bargs, and not attacked you. Please provide me with the same courtesy.

Bargs is a better 3 baller than Demar. They are teammates, and best friends. I think it would be great for Bargs to help out DD with his 3 pt shot. Makes sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    He should go to Rome and train with Bargs, Bargs can show him how to shoot properly. Better form will help Demar for sure.
    Can you please go back on your medication. You're starting to go overboard with the Bargnani love. Wasn't it you who chastised me for bringing Bargnani up in threads that weren't about him? Isn't that what you're doing in just about every thread, now?

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    I think most of us would like for DeRozan to work on his defense as well as his outside shot. If he trained with Bargnani over in Rome all he'd be doing is shooting 3's and working on his tan... Maybe Bargs should stay here for the summer and hire a nice defensive coach to improve his overall game... Eh?
    Both

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    He should go to Rome and train with Bargs, Bargs can show him how to shoot properly. Better form will help Demar for sure.
    I think most of us would like for DeRozan to work on his defense as well as his outside shot. If he trained with Bargnani over in Rome all he'd be doing is shooting 3's and working on his tan... Maybe Bargs should stay here for the summer and hire a nice defensive coach to improve his overall game... Eh?

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Mechanics on a three point shot are pretty simple to fix, especially if the player has some ability to hit a jumper, as DeRozan does. I'd be shocked if he doesn't make big improvements in the next couple of seasons to where he is at least decent from that distance.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Don't see why not. Hopla has had ties with the Raptors in the past.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X