No announcement yet.

Raptors. Heat. Season Finale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand resting players for meaningless games and saving them for the playoffs but if I'd paid to see LeBJ Wade and Bosh (as the game was sold) and the heat put out a 2nd rate product (that still beat the home town crowd) I'd want a refund. I mean I'm a hoops addict but if you pay full price for a ticket you have a right to feel cheated.

That being said I'd of sat them all too. Still...
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Tankers rejoice!!!!!!!!!

Comment

damn...so...

Who predicted 22 wins back in october? who came closest? we have any winners?

Comment

I said 20 to 25. :|

Comment

Stars should not be allowed to sit out Games!

Honestly, I want my money back for that game. That was total bullshit. It was just a bunch of scrubs playing pick-up basketball. I paid money for this game. It was even at the premium price point as we were playing the Heat.

When fans pay money to see a game, teams should not be allowed to sit players so they can rest for the playoffs. That is bullshit. The Heat should be fined significantly or at least be forced to sit out Wade, LeBron and Bosh for the first game of the playoffs.

And what kind of competitor sits out a game when they can play. Lebron and Bosh are Class A assholes and lame ass pussies. At the very least they could have played the game and sat out the fourth quarter, or when the game became a blow-out.

And seriously, I am asking for my money back. I know I won't get it, but I have to say something. That was pathetic.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

So glad this season is over!

Yay for 3rd spot in the lottery
              Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Apr 14, 2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                Honestly, I want my money back for that game. That was total bullshit. It was just a bunch of scrubs playing pick-up basketball. I paid money for this game. It was even at the premium price point as we were playing the Heat.

When fans pay money to see a game, teams should not be allowed to sit players so they can rest for the playoffs. That is bullshit. The Heat should be fined significantly or at least be forced to sit out Wade, LeBron and Bosh for the first game of the playoffs.

And what kind of competitor sits out a game when they can play. Lebron and Bosh are Class A assholes and lame ass pussies. At the very least they could have played the game and sat out the fourth quarter, or when the game became a blow-out.

And seriously, I am asking for my money back. I know I won't get it, but I have to say something. That was pathetic.
                Guy, that is unreasonable for playoff teams not to get their starters rest for the playoffs and oh one thing - the last thing, you want your players to have in a meaningless game close to the playoffs where games matters, is injuries. The Miami Heat clearly learnt from the injury of Andrew Bynum of the Los Angeles Lakers by sitting their starters (they got the all important 2nd seed anyway as they need it to exorcise their ghosts in the Boston Celtics with a game 7 comfortably in American Airlines Arena - home of the Miami Heat), the Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs ignored the dire injury warnings of starters playing in a meaningless game close to the playoffs and both got burnt losing Ty Lawson and Manu Ginobili respectively to injuries. "Nuff said.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                  Guy, that is unreasonable for playoff teams not to get their starters rest for the playoffs and oh one thing - the last thing, you want your players to have in a meaningless game close to the playoffs where games matters, is injuries. The Miami Heat clearly learnt from the injury of Andrew Bynum of the Los Angeles Lakers by sitting their starters (they got the all important 2nd seed anyway as they need it to exorcise their ghosts in the Boston Celtics with a game 7 comfortably in American Airlines Arena - home of the Miami Heat), the Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs ignored the dire injury warnings of starters playing in a meaningless game close to the playoffs and both got burnt losing Ty Lawson and Manu Ginobili respectively to injuries. "Nuff said.
                  Of course you are being quite reasonable with your pov in a sporting context ....only.

But doesnt the league keep maintaining that what they are providing is entertainment ?

I can see the poster's complaint as being quite valid in the entertainment context. He should have been given an opportunity not to attend and get a full refund. Dont musical/play venues do this when their stars are incapable of performing? In this case at the very least the "stars" should have put in an appearance for those who came specifically to see them perform. They werent hurt.

It would be interesting what the legal responsibilities of the ACC or the league are in this matter. I can smell a class action suit.

Comment

hey I think we can get 1st pick in this draft, top 3 worst teams have tendencies to get the number one.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                      hey I think we can get 1st pick in this draft, top 3 worst teams have tendencies to get the number one.
                      Anything can happen...the Wizards won it last year with the 5th pick...but it's the odds.

Comment

Working...
                      X