X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he needs to be 245 - 260 lbs of solid muscle

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Tell me what really the difference in the paint is with these two scenario:

Scenario A:
      C: Andrea Bargnani
      PF: Ed Davis

Scenario B:
      C: Ed Davis
      PF: Andrea Bargnani

Do they not still suffer from the exact same deficiencies?
      If Ed Davis gains enough strength to guard the post up player closer to the basket, would it change the distribution of last line of help defense sufficiently to have an impact?

Comment

Ed would have to be all-star good next year to carry the Bargnani.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          If Ed Davis gains enough strength to guard the post up player closer to the basket, would it change the distribution of last line of help defense sufficiently to have an impact?
          a good point was brought up from the RR article this morning. What if Ed put on some muscle this year and continued to to do so nafter next season. Ed could come in next year and play the roll that reggie evans player and make up for bargnanis weakness'. it worked pretty well for the raptors at the begining of the year with andrea and reg but the main problem was that reggie doesnt have much offense. with daivs this isnt the case, he is much bigger then reggie and will be bable to defend the larger center ( something reggie has done in the past this season) Offense wont be a problem with ed because he has already shown he has a decent offensive game and im sure it will improove. also ed's dad was a very tough player in this league and i tihnk terry davis will play a large part in developing ed by preparing him mentaly and showing him how to be agressive on the floor and get into other players heads. also for its been brought up over the last few games but ed has constantly been announced at the intros as a 7 foor starting center. just putting that out there. whether we think he is or not it seems like the toronto raptors think that he is a center ( possibly in KGish , C/PF) . and i think the defense wuld look alot differnt if we had ed in the middle rather than bargnani on defense. our rebuild is gonna continue at least 2 more years so i see no problem with ed being able to be a solid center or a very solid PF if it doesnt work out .

Comment

Ed davis is gonna be scary when he bulks up

Comment

This all sounds so homo-erotic.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Those guys probably didn't go about it the right way. I'd need to see their workout regimes before taking that stance.

For example, if you neglect core training, the bigger you get and the heavier weights you lift will increase your chances of hurting your back.
                It's all about muscular balance. The same way if all you do is train the frontal deltoids, you risk injury the side and rear deltoids. Same goes for arms. Biceps developed more than triceps? Expect an injury.

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                not only that.. but he's gotta get ample cardio training in... if you're going to increase your mass, you gotta make sure your frame can support the added mass. all the muscle in the world is useless if you have the strength of a pigeon in your knees and ankles... plus you gotta have the gas tank to move that kinda load around
                Cardio will only help on that last part; to move around the larger frame. The rest is addressed by doing full squats and deadlifts. Best lower body/pure strength exercises out there.
                Last edited by nubreed000; Sat Apr 16, 2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Ed would have to be all-star good next year to carry the Bargnani.
                  I don't think ED will ever be dominant enough to carry Bargnani.

Sacramento might the best spot the more I think about it for Bargnani. Cousins, while arguably nuts but more likely immature, is 6'11" and 270lbs. I had not realized he was that big - I was thinking 6'10" 240-250. He averaged just under 16 points and 10 rebs a game at Kentucky in under 24 minutes. This year, while his shooting % was awful, he managed 14 and under 9 rebs per game but averaged 2.5 assists - I think the assists is important as an inside out game with him and Bargnani might become be a very tough matchup for any team next year.

For the Raptors to ever be successful with Bargnani they are going to need a very dominant inside presence at the PF (think Cousins), a big, rebounding, defensive minded SF (think Josh SMith or Shawn Marion in PHX), and a defensive stopper at PG (think Rondo or Felton).

I think it would be easier to build a winner without him if his trade could return young prospects or draft picks that become legit NBA players.

It is almost the same position SEA were in with Ray Allen - sure they could have kept him but it was in neither's best interest (granted Allen was 6 years older in the same circumstances).

Comment

I noticed this thought being thrown around in a couple places: "Ed Davis wants to put on weight so he can play center". Ed is a power forward, he will always be a power forward, and moving him to center is just a bad idea, no matter how much weight he puts on. He can be dominant from the power forward position if he puts on some weight since he's already a good rebounder and has some post skills. That's what I think Ed should focus on, becoming a taller, more athletic version of Carlos Boozer. We haven't had a real low post scorer on this team since the Bosh era began and I think Ed has that ability, especially from the four.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      I noticed this thought being thrown around in a couple places: "Ed Davis wants to put on weight so he can play center". Ed is a power forward, he will always be a power forward, and moving him to center is just a bad idea, no matter how much weight he puts on. He can be dominant from the power forward position if he puts on some weight since he's already a good rebounder and has some post skills. That's what I think Ed should focus on, becoming a taller, more athletic version of Carlos Boozer. We haven't had a real low post scorer on this team since the Bosh era began and I think Ed has that ability, especially from the four.
                      I 100% agree. Making ED a C is not going to help the franchise or the player in the long run. He is a 4. Does anyone not remember when Bosh played C?

Comment

im going to respectfully disagree, i think ed has the ability to be a C. i itnhk of him in the form of joakim noah. if u look at Eds and joakim's numbers they have pretty similar stats , eds could be considered better

Comment

Working...
                        X