End of Season Reggie Sound Bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Season Reggie Sound Bites

I’m almost thinking it’s time to put Reggie it the Top Three All-Time Raptors quotes after his performance this season and yesterday in particular.

Check this one out from Dave’s column on him:

“The only players need to be worried about (the lockout) are people living cheque to cheque, people trying to make a car payment or people trying to make a house payment or have got to give this child support, whatever.”

Tossing is “child support” was the kicker.

And here’s a guy with some sense of why he wants to stay in Toronto that transcends basketball:

“I feel like with the injuries and stuff, I feel like I owe the fans an 82-plus season, even though you don’t have no control over that. I love the city a lot, I love the fans, the fans are dedicated, they’re loyal, it’s close to my in-laws (who live in Detroit).

“By me having my little boy now, every now and then we may need a little breather or something, go out to eat or something so it’s always good to have them close by where they can drive down and be with the kids or we go down that way.”

Please, Bryan, if for no other reason than to appease us, bring him back.
    Source: Doug Smith's Blog

Reggie has given more love to the City of Toronto in his 2 years, than many other Former Raptors had in their MUCH longer stints.
    From the minute we acquired him in the trade, he has been a Loyal Toronto Raptor. With Dorsey likely out the door, and Ed looking to become more of a center, I'm sure we'll have room for Reggie next season.

The smart thing to do would be to keep Dorsey and let Reggie go, as Dorsey has proven to a Younger Clone of Reggie. But Reggie is the undisputed Vocal leader of this team, the Charles Oakley if you will. We need him around.

Comment

The Raptors need some veteran players on the club. He has the right attitude. There is no reason why he shouldn't be one of those vets.

Comment

If the price is right ($10.5 million/3 years) then bringing Reggie back is a no-brainer in my opinion. High character players who you can count on a nightly basis to bring their best effort are a dying breed, and that trend has been even more obvious in Toronto.

Comment

Guy deserves to be brought back, if anyone has earned a contract it's him. He's a good influence in the locker room, plays like a rabid starving dog, and seems like a really good team mate. There are few people in the league I would rather see Ed and Amir learning from and I think BC will do the job and resign him.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I agree with the idea that what he brings to this team far outweighs what he brings on the court and you need that presence to teach the young guys. The worst thing would be to have the young guys surrounded by Yes men.

To borrow from hateslosing's sig: "when life gives you lemons, you send Reggie out there to grab some nuts."
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Also Ed will (or at least should) be going up against Reggie in practice, Reggie is one of the most dominant rebounders in the league today (Avg of 11.5 a game when he was able to play).

With Ed rebounding against the best in practice, will only make him better.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                If the price is right ($10.5 million/3 years) then bringing Reggie back is a no-brainer in my opinion. High character players who you can count on a nightly basis to bring their best effort are a dying breed, and that trend has been even more obvious in Toronto.
                You mean the veteran's minimum of a mil/year, right (because I swear I thought you wrote 10.5 mil)?
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                X