Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the new focus of AB as PF for the benefit of the Raps in a trade or next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Without AB, we are not going to win more than 18 games next season anyway so BC is going to give it one more try.
    With AB we are only going to win 25 so what's the difference? Either way we need more/better players. Bargnani will not play power forward here IMO unless as a back up PF/backup C.

^^^ If the Plan is to keep Andera and try him at PF ( Which is what BC said) and bring a Legitimate center, then you need to do it either through Free Agency or giving up some real talent.

In both case, one of the guys , Amir or Ed, should be moved as a trading chip or in the case of Amir as giving Raps more room in Salary front.

I am sure BC will try really hard to hold on onto ED so the Odd man out is AMIR IF the plan is too keep AB.
    Why the "should"? BC himself said the goal next year was to continue to load up on "good" contracts, which BOTH Amir and Ed (speaking in terms of production per $$$ versus players of comparable position and salary) as I wrote in my extensive post about three weeks ago, it would be VERY difficult to trade Amir and get a player who give better production per cost of salary. IF Bargnani gets more burn at PF this year you do not need to get rid or Amir or Ed, It just means that you don't resign reggie evans. That's what we had this year, Reggie/Evans/Amir as the PFs and Bargnani as C. Also unless BC is successful in bringing in that BIG C. Moving Bargs to the PF won't make a difference if he is being paired with reggie/evans/amir as it is still he same front court line ups. The only way I see bargs getting burn at PF is if Coangelo is actively shopping him. I could go either way with bargnani next year (which is friendlier than most posters who want to see him gone like yesterday) but in terms of Power Forwards we get really good production from Amir and Davis so I see Bargnani as the odd man out. IF I were GM this is the front court rotation I'd use

Amir/Davis/Evans
    (BIG CENTER)/Bargnani/Evans/Ajinca/Alibi

I would also use Barg's at the three for a couple of shifts a game maybe 2-3 offensive positions a game to a max of 5 min's total at the 3 spot. But no matter how you slice it I just don't see him getting a lot of burn at PF. He seems to be better are gaurding 5's and you don't get to choose who guards you on the offensive side of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    ^^^ If the Plan is to keep Andera and try him at PF ( Which is what BC said) and bring a Legitimate center, then you need to do it either through Free Agency or giving up some real talent.

In both case, one of the guys , Amir or Ed, should be moved as a trading chip or in the case of Amir as giving Raps more room in Salary front.

I am sure BC will try really hard to hold on onto ED so the Odd man out is AMIR IF the plan is too keep AB.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    No, this is the way BC is going for another year. He is going to try to move either Amir or Ed ( two people who have trade values) and see if he can make something happen. Without AB, we are not going to win more than 18 games next season anyway so BC is going to give it one more try.
    I admire your loyalty to Bargs but the suggestion to move Amir or even Ed is beyond comprehension. Move a potentially good frontcourt player in Ed on a rookie contract? Are you serious? Just to keep Andrea?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I think AB scores efficiently and in variety of the way But I think Tim will be following you too
    The key words are: I think. Obviously you are entitled to think what you please, as am I or anyone else, however mathematics and statistics do not back the thought.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    I think AB scores efficiently
    You're wrong, he doesn't. Otherwise nobody would want him traded so much/the media wouldn't be calling him out. He's only been efficient for one season in his entire career: the last one Bosh played.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    I mean...if we move Davis or Amir to try and cover up White Swan's historically bad rebounding and league worst help defense because he can score inefficiently...I'm following a new team.
    I think AB scores efficiently and in variety of the way But I think Tim will be following you too

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    No, this is the way BC is going for another year. He is going to try to move either Amir or Ed ( two people who have trade values) and see if he can make something happen. Without AB, we are not going to win more than 18 games next season anyway so BC is going to give it one more try.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    I mean...if we move Davis or Amir to try and cover up White Swan's historically bad rebounding and league worst help defense because he can score inefficiently...I'm following a new team.

Leave a comment:

• bballnut27
    replied
    Dear God It Better Be Option 1.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    #1.

Leave a comment:

• Is the new focus of AB as PF for the benefit of the Raps in a trade or next year?

Raise trade value to ship him out.
    51.52%
    Pair him with a legit C next year in TOR.
    18.18%
    I don't know - both are realistic situations right now.
    30.30%
    I think it is fair to say BC was the most realistic I have ever heard him in a press conference. Keep in mind a GM can't come out and say, "We are sh!t." or "We have nobody on this team worth anything."

With that said, the new focus of AB as a PF (from Colangelo today and Bargnani last week) has me wondering:

Is this new focus because we know he is a failure defensively as a C in the NBA and:

1) this is the new 'promotion' to raise his trade value with a team that has a C already, or
    2) is it to hopefully keep him around for next year with a legit C next to him in a Raps uniform?
Working...
X