Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ditch Bargs,Amir and Weems and Rebuild The Team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ditch Bargs,Amir and Weems and Rebuild The Team

    The plan I have in mind is that we ditch Andrea and go after Greg Oden to play Center and get either Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter to play Power Forward, this allows our frontcourt to be a defensive and offensive powerhouses. By trading Andrea we can get either draft picks or even Small Forward/Point Guard To Fill our need.

    Plan:
    Step 1: Draft either Kanter/Williams
    Step 2: Get Greg Oden through a signing or a sign and trade
    Step 3: Trade Andrea, Weems and Amir for Small Forwards and Point Guards or Picks

    List Of Point Guards:
    1. Trade for Irving
    2. Mike Conley
    3. Kyle Lowry
    4. Any You Would Consider Please List

    List Of Small Forwards/Shooting Guards:
    1.Alex Burks (Trade)
    2.Klay Thompson (Trade)
    3.Tyler Honeycutt (Trade)
    4.Nicolas Batum
    5. Andre Igoudala
    6.Wilson Chandler

  • #2
    There's already a thread for this topic.

    But you do realize that the Raptors would have to bid more than the $10 million a season Portland is reportedly offering him? That seems like a MASSIVE gamble, and why exactly would he agree?

    And you seem to have forgotten Ed Davis, in your scenario.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tim W. wrote: View Post
      There's already a thread for this topic.

      But you do realize that the Raptors would have to bid more than the $10 million a season Portland is reportedly offering him? That seems like a MASSIVE gamble, and why exactly would he agree?

      And you seem to have forgotten Ed Davis, in your scenario.
      I really hope they pay 10 million to a 50 year old seven footer with no knees who has never played a full game(without fouling out) much less a full season....Him and B.Roy will be the knee-less wonders
      Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
      http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        None of the players listed in the first post will make a difference on any team. They're just rotation players, or decent starters. As Miami has shown, winning big takes big time players. If you're going to pass out big contracts to free agents, restrict yourself to the top 15 players in the league.

        Comment


        • #5
          Brandon wrote: View Post
          None of the players listed in the first post will make a difference on any team. They're just rotation players, or decent starters. As Miami has shown, winning big takes big time players. If you're going to pass out big contracts to free agents, restrict yourself to the top 15 players in the league.
          +1
          Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
          http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Tim W. wrote: View Post
            There's already a thread for this topic.

            But you do realize that the Raptors would have to bid more than the $10 million a season Portland is reportedly offering him? That seems like a MASSIVE gamble, and why exactly would he agree?

            And you seem to have forgotten Ed Davis, in your scenario.
            I do like the ditch Bargnani part .

            Comment


            • #7
              Brandon wrote: View Post
              None of the players listed in the first post will make a difference on any team. They're just rotation players, or decent starters. As Miami has shown, winning big takes big time players. If you're going to pass out big contracts to free agents, restrict yourself to the top 15 players in the league.
              I think that you can still win, despite not having 2-3 franchise players, look at the most recent detroit pistons dynasty, those guys were barely all stars and they won multiple championships.
              "Defense wins championships."

              Comment


              • #8
                SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                I think that you can still win, despite not having 2-3 franchise players, look at the most recent detroit pistons dynasty, those guys were barely all stars and they won multiple championships.
                A team's five-man starting unit is typically going to account for 90% or more of its playoff wins. That much, I agree with Dave Berri about.
                The Pistons had a five-man starting unit in which any three out of the five could have been all-stars in any given year depending on the breaks (Prince, Hamilton, Ben and Rasheed Wallace, Chaunce). Those kinds of teams are tough to build. They were an excellent team, but they won only one championship. They were repeatedly beaten in the EC finals by teams with superstar top 15 players (Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce et al.). And they lost the 2005 finals series to the Spurs -- a team with two top 15 players (Duncan, Ginobili).
                The Pistons won the 2004 title by beating the Lake Show at a time when that team had a lot of internal turmoil. Phil Jackson wrote a book about that season called "The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul". In short, the more talented team lost because it beat itself.
                But I acknowledge that the Pistons went at least as far as the EC finals from 2003 to 2008. I wouldn't call them "great", and that's not a dynasty, but that is no small accomplishment.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i'll take a gamble on oden...look at his productivity for the minutes he plays
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    I think that you can still win, despite not having 2-3 franchise players, look at the most recent detroit pistons dynasty, those guys were barely all stars and they won multiple championships.
                    Well, you can't call a team that won one Championship a dynasty. And the Pistons were an anomaly, and not exactly something you want to pattern a team after.

                    And by the way, I certainly wouldn't call Chauncey Billups a "barely" All-Star. From 1-6 or 7, they had as much talent as anyone, including the three time Defensive Player of the Year, in Ben Wallace.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                      I think that you can still win, despite not having 2-3 franchise players, look at the most recent detroit pistons dynasty, those guys were barely all stars and they won multiple championships.
                      I remember one year when the Pistons had 4 All-Stars selected to the All-Star game, and everyone was in a huff because they should've had Five in the game. The thing is, is they HAD 2-3 Franchise players easily, it's just they weren't Franchise players anywhere else in the League, so when they arrived in Detroit, no one could understand it. They won 64 games one year.

                      BUT they only won ONE championship SuperRaptor, not multiple, as you state.

                      That team was built very much the same way The Memphis Grizzlies are today. Couple trades, couple drafts, get a good coach, make a good signing. Boom. But it's very tough to have that many trades, and that many decisions all line up and work out years down the line as it did for these teams. They had to gamble and 'guess' on alot of players. Mind you, alot of that is scouting, and they did their homework, picked a style of play, and went after players that would compliment that style of play. Not compliment other players on the team.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue May 3, 2011, 09:09 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If I recall the Pistons weren't even ranked first or second in the conference they won that year. The talent level in the East was pretty bad at the time, and when they won it all, it was the year that Lakers team imploded. Malone got injured, and Shaq/Kobe were having a pissing contest. The Pistons were definitely an exception to the rule. Typically the team that wins it all has an alpha dog / MVP caliber player. Hopefully our top pick in this years draft becomes that guy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                          I think that you can still win, despite not having 2-3 franchise players, look at the most recent detroit pistons dynasty, those guys were barely all stars and they won multiple championships.
                          Hold on here....

                          Billups - allstar 5 times. (4 with Detroit)

                          Hamilton - allstar 3 times

                          R.Wallace - allstar 4 times (2 with Detroit)

                          B.Wallace - allstar 4 times (Defensive Player of the Year 4 years in a row)

                          As has been stated they also had 4 players on an all-star team in one year. I hardly call that "barely allstars". (They never won multiple championships.)

                          While the Piston's may not have had the Kobe's or Shaq's of the league on their team, they still had some stud players. They are still and example of how important talent is to be a contender.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            knickz wrote: View Post
                            i'll take a gamble on oden...look at his productivity for the minutes he plays
                            I rather take a gamble on Thabeet, than Oden. You can teach a player how to play, you can't teach broken knees how to.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              e2thed wrote: View Post
                              I rather take a gamble on Thabeet, than Oden. You can teach a player how to play, you can't teach broken knees how to.
                              Scott McCullough will fix up oden. lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X