Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we don't draft KI, JB has be are starting PG next season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Boko wrote: View Post
    Points per Minute Rank Assists per Minute Rank Steals per Minute Rank
    José 299 3 100
    Jerryd 113 40 250
    Jerryd is NOT a starter in the NBA! He should be top 30 in assists per minute, first.
    But if you compare their stats as Starters, I'd be curious to see the descrepancy.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    José 299 3 100
    Jerryd 113 40 250
    Jerryd is NOT a starter in the NBA! He should be top 30 in assists per minute, first.
    You can't compare the two seeing that Jose played 12 minutes more than Jerryd Bayless this year

Leave a comment:

• Boko
    replied
    The facts are:

Pureraptors wrote: View Post
    How is letting any PG with two legs drive past you to penetrate the middle better? Calderon hopefully will be long gone by season start. He is physically unable to guard other PGs in this league. I wouldn't mind him s my backup PG but not at nine million per year, Bayless proved to be a better scorer more fiesty defender and although his point guard skills aren't as good as Calderons he is still developing due to the fact he is 23...Bayless should be the starter next year. He played better when given the opportunity last year, not to mention if I am Triano I want my young PG to be playing with the rest of my young squad a la Oklahoma City Thunder
    José 299 3 100
    Jerryd 113 40 250

Leave a comment:

• Pureraptors
    replied
    Calderon was the better PG last season, period. Bayless will have his turn, but it isn't at the start of next season. It might be later in the season. It more probably will be the start of the next year. And I wouldn't beet the home on us getting Irving.
    How is letting any PG with two legs drive past you to penetrate the middle better? Calderon hopefully will be long gone by season start. He is physically unable to guard other PGs in this league. I wouldn't mind him s my backup PG but not at nine million per year, Bayless proved to be a better scorer more fiesty defender and although his point guard skills aren't as good as Calderons he is still developing due to the fact he is 23...Bayless should be the starter next year. He played better when given the opportunity last year, not to mention if I am Triano I want my young PG to be playing with the rest of my young squad a la Oklahoma City Thunder
    Last edited by Pureraptors; Sun May 8, 2011, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boko
    replied
    Calderon was the better PG last season, period. Bayless will have his turn, but it isn't at the start of next season. It might be later in the season. It more probably will be the start of the next year. And I wouldn't beet the home on us getting Irving.

Leave a comment:

• Hassan
    replied
    if we do then we shoul trade jose for a nice young asset

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    hell no he shouldnt start he should be traded

Leave a comment:

• albertan_10
    replied
    This should be something the coaches figure out when the dust settles and training camp is nearly over, no sooner

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have nothing to lose and everything to gain by making JB the starting PG. I'm not advocating giving it to him but if he works his @ss off over the summer (and possibly fall and in to winter) and has a good training camp, why not have him start? The worst case scenario is the Raptors suck and get another high lottery pick. The best case is he proves he is a legit NBA starting point guard and the Raptors suck and get another high lottery pick. I'm feeling very cynical this evening - excuse me for that.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    The Raptors have nothing to lose and everything to gain by making JB the starting PG. I'm not advocating giving it to him but if he works his @ss off over the summer (and possibly fall and in to winter) and has a good training camp, why not have him start? The worst case scenario is the Raptors suck and get another high lottery pick. The best case is he proves he is a legit NBA starting point guard and the Raptors suck and get another high lottery pick. I'm feeling very cynical this evening - excuse me for that.

Leave a comment:

• f91ultra
    replied
    An honest question, will he turn into another mike james...? He's approaching free agency too i think, just like james was..

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Bayless and DeRozan could make a pretty dynamic back court. Everybody is always saying trade bargnani but, if we do who we going to get points from in the starting line up? Definitely not CALDERON! Bayless would pick up the slack if Bargnani gets traded this off-season
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I concur, plus one thing that we have neglected to mention I think is the fact that bayless is a great closer. At the end of the game when baskets become hard to come by you need people who can get to the line, Bayless + Demar = nightmare for other teams trying to keep them off the stripe.
    Bayless and DeRozan could make a pretty dynamic back court. Everybody is always saying trade bargnani but, if we do who we going to get points from in the starting line up? Definitely not CALDERON! Bayless would pick up the slack if Bargnani gets traded this off-season

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    Maleko wrote: View Post
    Another lackey who gathered some data, Medic at RealGM. (Feeling lazy today):

I gotta say, 18.1 and 6.7 is nice out of the PG as a starter. His assist to turnover ratio is still poor, and he needs to be better there, but simply his ability to get to the line and put the other team into foul trouble (getting us shooting into penalty earlier as well) is undervalued since he gets to the line almost 3x the rate that Jose does (5.7 FTA to 2.2 per 36mins).

EDIT: sorry adding the discussion link: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...9c16be9f6266b8
    I concur, plus one thing that we have neglected to mention I think is the fact that bayless is a great closer. At the end of the game when baskets become hard to come by you need people who can get to the line, Bayless + Demar = nightmare for other teams trying to keep them off the stripe.

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    I think you definately start bayless, he has earned a shot for sure, that being said with 2 decent starting point guards on our team already the PG is not a spot that we lack depth in. We need to draft a SF.

Ive been saying all along: draft a SF, get a C through free agency, and start bayless. That is the key to raptors improving their defense and become contendors. This doesnt necessarily mean trading bargnani btw.

When a guy average 22.5 points a game for the last 10 games of the year for you, and you always know he had that kind of potential, and has blown out like that for portland at times when given the chance. You finally give the kid his shot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X