Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we don't draft KI, JB has be are starting PG next season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be something the coaches figure out when the dust settles and training camp is nearly over, no sooner

Comment

hell no he shouldnt start he should be traded

Comment

if we do then we shoul trade jose for a nice young asset
        ya dun noe

Comment

Calderon was the better PG last season, period. Bayless will have his turn, but it isn't at the start of next season. It might be later in the season. It more probably will be the start of the next year. And I wouldn't beet the home on us getting Irving.

Comment

Boko wrote: View Post
            Calderon was the better PG last season, period. Bayless will have his turn, but it isn't at the start of next season. It might be later in the season. It more probably will be the start of the next year. And I wouldn't beet the home on us getting Irving.
            How is letting any PG with two legs drive past you to penetrate the middle better? Calderon hopefully will be long gone by season start. He is physically unable to guard other PGs in this league. I wouldn't mind him s my backup PG but not at nine million per year, Bayless proved to be a better scorer more fiesty defender and although his point guard skills aren't as good as Calderons he is still developing due to the fact he is 23...Bayless should be the starter next year. He played better when given the opportunity last year, not to mention if I am Triano I want my young PG to be playing with the rest of my young squad a la Oklahoma City Thunder
            Last edited by Pureraptors; Sun May 8, 2011, 08:31 AM.
            Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
            http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

The facts are:

Pureraptors wrote: View Post
              How is letting any PG with two legs drive past you to penetrate the middle better? Calderon hopefully will be long gone by season start. He is physically unable to guard other PGs in this league. I wouldn't mind him s my backup PG but not at nine million per year, Bayless proved to be a better scorer more fiesty defender and although his point guard skills aren't as good as Calderons he is still developing due to the fact he is 23...Bayless should be the starter next year. He played better when given the opportunity last year, not to mention if I am Triano I want my young PG to be playing with the rest of my young squad a la Oklahoma City Thunder
              Points per Minute Rank Assists per Minute Rank Steals per Minute Rank
              José 299 3 100
              Jerryd 113 40 250
              Jerryd is NOT a starter in the NBA! He should be top 30 in assists per minute, first.

Comment

José 299 3 100
                Jerryd 113 40 250
                Jerryd is NOT a starter in the NBA! He should be top 30 in assists per minute, first.
                You can't compare the two seeing that Jose played 12 minutes more than Jerryd Bayless this year
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

José 299 3 100
                  Jerryd 113 40 250
                  But if you compare their stats as Starters, I'd be curious to see the descrepancy.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    You can't compare the two seeing that Jose played 12 minutes more than Jerryd Bayless this year
                    Those stats were 'per minute'. Starting or subbing should be irrelevent. José was usually a starter, playing against starters. Jerryd was usually a sub, playing against subs. Their numbers should even out 'per minute'.

Comment

Those stats were 'per minute'. Starting or subbing should be irrelevent. José was usually a starter, playing against starters. Jerryd was usually a sub, playing against subs. Their numbers should even out 'per minute'.
                      They would only 'even out' if they played equal minutes as Starter / Bench Player.

If you look at his stats as a Starter you will see that he is actually quite capable when given the vote of confidence to not have to worry about getting pulled. He has alluded to this being a slight issue, and according to the stats, its pretty obvious. As a Starter, he averaged 18.8pts and 6.7apg.

At 35.6mpg, those work out to VERY solid Per-36-Minutes averages.

NOW if you go here I have conveniently compiled a chart of players who, this season, averaged at least 18.8pts and 6.7apg Per 36 Minutes. Impressive list I'd say.

Now of course that 14 game Viewing window with which to work with is limited, I believe the stat descepancies are so vast, that's it's a clear indication.
                      Last edited by Joey; Sun May 8, 2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

who cares guys. If JB shows up at training camp out of shape and not any better than the end of the season, then why would he get the starting spot? Same with anyone else on the team. Give the best player at training camp the starting gig and test him during preseason games. If Jose is still the best PG we have at that time, then he should be starting.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                          who cares guys. If JB shows up at training camp out of shape and not any better than the end of the season, then why would he get the starting spot? Same with anyone else on the team. Give the best player at training camp the starting gig and test him during preseason games. If Jose is still the best PG we have at that time, then he should be starting.
                          ... JB played GREAT at the end of the season..?
                          But yes, I do agree. I'm not sure Jose will be around though. Who knows though.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            ... JB played GREAT at the end of the season..?
                            But yes, I do agree. I'm not sure Jose will be around though. Who knows though.
                            my preference would be to draft Kyrie Irving and trade Jose. maybe even trade JB in that situation. it wouldn't really matter to me at that point. I'd like Jose to stay to help guide Kyrie. I don't think Jerryd could do that, I think he'd get jealous. Anyway, like I said before, it's way to early to decide things. If we draft KI, if we trade Jose, etc etc. This will be a better debate when training camp starts

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                              This will be a better debate when training camp starts
                              When ever that is. We know if we draft Kyrie his the starter but, if we don't that's the debate.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JB on the point? Listen.. I get that he's talented, and there's a lot of hype surrounding the kid. Sure, let's even say that he deserves it and that he'd potentially do a really great job.
                                But WHO in their RIGHT MIND really thinks that Justin Bieber is going to take time out of his busy schedule to play for a team in Toronto? ..Sometimes I wonder about these forums..

Comment

Working...
                                X