Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meductic
    replied
    j bean wrote: View Post
    Of course you're right that there are no sure things in this years draft but as far as picking a big goes Kanter has a lot going for him. The thing I potentially find most worrisome about him is if he sees himself more as a four and doesn't really want to take advantage of his size and bang for position. I'm just saying that because he has a nice jump shot and has had success with it. To be the big man presence that the Raptors are looking for it takes a mentality that we don't know if he has or not.
    Kanter has always been billed as a low post banger with a nice touch and good basketball sense /awareness. By now he should both know his role and be comfortable with it. Of the big three Ford and NBA Draft.net have him third, well Draft Express has Valanciunas there with Kanter at 7th. The main knocks appear to be his knees, the year off, a lack of athleticism and a bit undersized. But he is broad and a beast. Bargnani it aint. More polished then either Valanciunas or Biyombo, who are both viewed as less NBA ready. There are also questions about Biyombo's age and Valanciunas's current contract. Kanter is not a sure thing, but there appear to be lots of PG's and SF's in the 2012 draft with still few Centres showing. If given a chance it looks like one must take either Irving or Williams. But after them it is very iffy, and Kanter makes sense on a lot of levels, especially if one can line up a couple of early 2012 picks, or trade for the other needed components.

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Lol the beginning of that video is funny, the cameraman must of been on something.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    In Kanter's case he already has a fairly large body of work and had eyeballs to determine his quality and potential. I am sure the top 4 teams are not waiting on Kyrie Irving workouts. It's also overlooked I think that he was designated player-coach at KU this past year and this was possibly to allow him to practice with the team/keep in shape during the season. Not actual games I realize but next best thing.
    Great points. He was absolutely allowed to still practice with the team and workout with them as well. He was only restricted from playing in games, and traveling with the team. He kept his scholarship.

Leave a comment:

• j bean
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    The general question about Kanter is whether his game translates to the NBA and whether he will be productive. People pointing to Kanter playing well against Sullinger and other high schoolers doesn't answer that question. It's not a knock against Kanter per se but a question. Of course, it's a question for every draftee but it's material with Kanter cause he hasn't played for a year.

Kanter's draft spot is going to come down to his workouts. If he kills it he will go third.
    Of course you're right that there are no sure things in this years draft but as far as picking a big goes Kanter has a lot going for him. The thing I potentially find most worrisome about him is if he sees himself more as a four and doesn't really want to take advantage of his size and bang for position. I'm just saying that because he has a nice jump shot and has had success with it. To be the big man presence that the Raptors are looking for it takes a mentality that we don't know if he has or not.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Put Kanter ahead of Williams on my draft board

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Kanter's draft spot is going to come down to his workouts. If he kills it he will go third.
    Especially for the already determined high profile/draftees it really shouldnt come down to the workouts to verify quality & potential. In Kanter's case he already has a fairly large body of work and had eyeballs to determine his quality and potential. I am sure the top 4 teams are not waiting on Kyrie Irving workouts. It's also overlooked I think that he was designated player-coach at KU this past year and this was possibly to allow him to practice with the team/keep in shape during the season. Not actual games I realize but next best thing.
    Last edited by Bendit; Thu May 5, 2011, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The guy has prototypical big man skills so what questions are you talking about? He's played all year, just not in a forum where scouting eyes could see him often. Good/bad workouts affect all players.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think Kanter is younger than him. Let me try and understand this, Kanter gets a knock because he was able crush Sullinger AND he's been able to battle against grown men while only being a kid? Who's side of the debate are you on again?
    The general question about Kanter is whether his game translates to the NBA and whether he will be productive. People pointing to Kanter playing well against Sullinger and other high schoolers doesn't answer that question. It's not a knock against Kanter per se but a question. Of course, it's a question for every draftee but it's material with Kanter cause he hasn't played for a year.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    sleepz wrote: View Post
    Maybe, but Sullinger's 6'8 and was a high schooler whereas Enes had been playing against men for a while.
    I think Kanter is younger than him. Let me try and understand this, Kanter gets a knock because he was able crush Sullinger AND he's been able to battle against grown men while only being a kid? Who's side of the debate are you on again?

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    how do we know this guy is good if he never even played last year? I saw some of his highlights but they did not impress me. What kind of a player is he?
    He rebounds, plays tough and a skilled low post scoring. He able to defend his man cause he has the strength too. He is right now training famous trainer Tim Grover(same trainer that trained Michael Jordan)

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    sleepz wrote: View Post
    Maybe, but Sullinger's 6'8 and was a high schooler whereas Enes had been playing against men for a while.
    So Sullinger isn't as Developed or Experienced as Kanter, that's all that says.
    Kanter is younger, bigger and arguably more athletic. As has been pointed out, if Kanter had played for Kentucky this year, he'd likely be the Top pick in the this Years draft.

ADD I posted this in the Draft Sticky, but:

And this is hardly a case of Men Against Boys. Just because Kanter has been playing Professionally, doesn't take away from the fact that he was able to seperate himself from the literal 'Men', even when he was 17.

Just because Jennings played in Europe Professionally before the NBA doesn't mean he's all of a sudden got more ability, or an added advantage.

Leave a comment:

• sleepz
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I heard he practically dominated Sullinger.

Looking at this years draft prospects i'm sure some will develop into solid players but it's quite the crapshoot.

The good GM's will find some gems though.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    They didn't impress you? Did you watch his showing at the Nike Hoops Summit? How is that not impressive?
    I'd recommend going back and trying to find a few more 'highlights'. He is very solid, and very impressive. In my humble opinion anyway.
    Yeah, I heard he practically dominated Sullinger.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Man against boys type vid but you can detect his talent and skills....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kAZL0Q3ic

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Kanterrific!!!! BTW, props to Joey H. for the big country avatar!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X