Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan DimeMag.com Interview

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DeRozan DimeMag.com Interview

    Source: DimeMag.com

  • #2
    Sounds like DeMar thinks his squad's guard play is weak, they need a impact PG immediately to be more consistent, and it seems like they need a PG that will make the team better. But it looks like we will get top 3 pick this year and Kemba is below top 3 so all the raptors can do is hope for #1 pick this year, or trade what ever pick we get down and get a Brandon Knight or Jan Vesley.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Andrea Bargnani will be on the block this summer. In Denver Raymond Felton has come out and basically said that if he doesn't get his starting job back he wants out. The Nuggets don't seem to want to give him back that roll so we should all know where that's going. The Nuggets are probably going to lose Nene if his own comments are any indication. On top of that, K-Mart is a UFA and so we start to see that in Denver they have friction at the PG spot and a rapidly forming hole at FC.

      Denver also has one of Andrea's best friends and on top of that, they have a former Colangelo sidekick running the show.

      Comment


      • #4
        Apollo wrote: View Post
        Andrea Bargnani will be on the block this summer. In Denver Raymond Felton has come out and basically said that if he doesn't get his starting job back he wants out. The Nuggets don't seem to want to give him back that roll so we should all know where that's going. The Nuggets are probably going to lose Nene if his own comments are any indication. On top of that, K-Mart is a UFA and so we start to see that in Denver they have friction at the PG spot and a rapidly forming hole at FC.

        Denver also has one of Andrea's best friends and on top of that, they have a former Colangelo sidekick running the show.
        Andrea for Felton works after July 1. Question is.. what then happens to Calderon? He'd have to get moved, because I don't think Felton would want to stick around in a 3-prong PG situation.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think it's an foregone conclusion that Calderon is no longer a long term option for the Raptors. Colangelo got caught trying to trade Calderon already once. The draft is the first domino that begins the end of Calderon and Bargnani in Toronto.

          Comment


          • #6
            http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3km4avx
            Plus we get Denver's pick this year 22th overall.
            Good for Denver because they get 2 starting PF's in Bargs and Amir, Damien James is solid SF.
            Toronto get some cap relief, they get a starting PG, and a starting SF.
            New Jersey get solid back up center for Lopez.
            Last edited by e2thed; Wed May 11, 2011, 12:53 PM.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think the Nuggets would do that. Blockbusters are rare. I think you would more likely see a simple one for one, Bargnani for Felton if it went down. Just like Colangelo moved Ford for Villanueva five years ago.

              Comment


              • #8
                and just for jokes Alabi + 2012 2nd rounder for Erden and Harangody
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Or you could just swap Calderon for Felton in a straight deal.

                  Felton comes in as the starter. Bayless gets another year at the backup spot. Both contracts expire at the end of next season, so for Bayless it would be a final year to prove he can become the long term starter. For Felton it's the same. This would have to happen after the draft, of course, just in case the Raps were able to land Irving.

                  Potential small-ball lineup of Felton, Barbosa, Derozan, J.Johnson and Davis. Fast-break city.

                  Denver gets a pure PG to backup Lawson. No controversy here. Lawson as the starting slasher/scorer, Calderon comes in and creates open looks all day long for Afflalo, Chandler, Harrington and Gallinari spotting up to rain down the threes.

                  Win-win as I see it.

                  Apologies for continuing the off-topic conversation.
                  Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Wed May 11, 2011, 01:12 PM. Reason: Apologies.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    e2thed wrote: View Post
                    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3km4avx
                    Plus we get Denver's pick this year 22th overall.
                    Good for Denver because they get 2 starting PF's in Bargs and Amir, Damien James is solid SF.
                    Toronto get some cap relief, they get a starting PG, and a starting SF.
                    New Jersey get solid back up center for Lopez.
                    No offense but I don't like this trade. Barg's for Felton is a pretty even trade imo, so we are then trading Amir for Galanari which I don't think is a good idea. Amir is on a reasonable 5 year contract where he can be the back up PF if Davis comes into his own. Galanari only has 3 years left on his deal... If I a gm I want the guy with the longer contract is it is reasonable.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                    "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      Or you could just swap Calderon for Felton in a straight deal.

                      Felton comes in as the starter. Bayless gets another year at the backup spot. Both contracts expire at the end of next season, so for Bayless it would be a final year to prove he can become the long term starter. For Felton it's the same. This would have to happen after the draft, of course, just in case the Raps were able to land Irving.

                      Potential small-ball lineup of Felton, Barbosa, Derozan, J.Johnson and Davis. Fast-break city.

                      Denver gets a pure PG to backup Lawson. No controversy here. Lawson as the starting slasher/scorer, Calderon comes in and creates open looks all day long for Afflalo, Chandler, Harrington and Gallinari spotting up to rain down the threes.

                      Win-win as I see it.

                      Apologies for continuing the off-topic conversation.
                      I like this, and it really does make sense for both teams. Hopefully Felton can keep belly aching and make this trade a reality

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Andrea Bargnani will be on the block this summer. In Denver Raymond Felton has come out and basically said that if he doesn't get his starting job back he wants out. The Nuggets don't seem to want to give him back that roll so we should all know where that's going. The Nuggets are probably going to lose Nene if his own comments are any indication. On top of that, K-Mart is a UFA and so we start to see that in Denver they have friction at the PG spot and a rapidly forming hole at FC.

                        Denver also has one of Andrea's best friends and on top of that, they have a former Colangelo sidekick running the show.
                        His recent comments are a 180 from comments during the season. He is working the media to secure a large(r) payday.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No mention of "defense" I see. Did DD not get the ball enough?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What do you know...he thinks highly of Kemba Walker. What an idiot he must be...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Which team is Derozan GM of? Or is he a talent scout?

                              I think quite simply DD is familiar with Kemba from playing in the 2008 McDonald's All American game along with Ed Davis. He was also impressed with his play against Pitt in March Madness this year as evidenced by his tweet. I think DD is pretty focused on his own game and is no expert on the relative skills of current draft entries.

                              Kemba is a good player. But is he right for TO? And do they make elevator shoes for the NBA? Is arm extension surgery even legal in North America? My answer is no to all of the above.
                              Last edited by RaptorDan; Thu May 12, 2011, 12:06 AM.
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X