Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HoopsWorld.com: Flynn to Toronto?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Supposedly Kanter had his way with Nazr Mohammed (Kentucky alum) during workouts last fall. If he can control Nazr at 18, then I feel pretty good about his prospects as an NBA starter. In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get him (and Irving if possible), throw them in the fire, have another high lottery season, and pick a SF in 2012. A core all 25 or under (and well under for some), the Raps would have a team to watch and grow for the next 10 years assuming everyone lived up to potential. That is my wet dream.
    My boner just exploded
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • #47
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Supposedly Kanter had his way with Nazr Mohammed (Kentucky alum) during workouts last fall. If he can control Nazr at 18, then I feel pretty good about his prospects as an NBA starter. In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get him (and Irving if possible), throw them in the fire, have another high lottery season, and pick a SF in 2012. A core all 25 or under (and well under for some), the Raps would have a team to watch and grow for the next 10 years assuming everyone lived up to potential. That is my wet dream.
      I hope to goodness nothing that you posted comes to pass.
      Katner is a bust - his agent has been 'hiding' him since the the World Select game. Did nothing in pros last year. Is no where near as promising as dominant Euro Big Tiago Splitter who predictably flopped in NBA.

      Another tanked season? hell no! They need a good season or risk becoming the clippers. This was a lost season to set up moving Bargs and getting ready for lockout. When ever the league resumes Raptors need to take their improving core and grow.

      IF they aquire Flynn Kemba would be redundant - Raps must put together package to acquire DeAndre Jordan even if it means the first round pick... which unless it is first or 2nd is a total crap shoot with very little odds of a decent return.
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

      Comment


      • #48
        Tim W. wrote: View Post
        You think the T-Wolves would give up BOTH Flynn and their pick for Calderon? Since when did Calderin become so valuable?
        Isn't Kahn still in charge? With him, I wouldn't be surprised if he traded Flynn and the 1st for Calderon, then went out and acquired two more PGs.

        Comment


        • #49
          Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I should have clarified, I am working under the assumption that TOR also has draft rights to Walker or Irving. I've gone in to overdrive on trade scenarios.... that will most likely never happen, lol.
          LOL. Don't worry, Matt52, I have a feeling after all your hard work, the basketball gods are going to find a way to land Irving, Kanter, Walker and Flynn in Toronto. Maybe even throw in Rubio as well. I'm so excited!

          Comment


          • #50
            Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Supposedly Kanter had his way with Nazr Mohammed (Kentucky alum) during workouts last fall. If he can control Nazr at 18, then I feel pretty good about his prospects as an NBA starter. In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get him (and Irving if possible), throw them in the fire, have another high lottery season, and pick a SF in 2012. A core all 25 or under (and well under for some), the Raps would have a team to watch and grow for the next 10 years assuming everyone lived up to potential. That is my wet dream.
            Have you been watching me while I sleep? That's mine too!

            Add some veteran role players on minimum salary contracts, then fill whatever needs we have left via free agency when the team is looking ready. I would love to add someone like Przybilla if he's willing to come cheap. Best of all, he's not Euro! (just teasing)
            Last edited by Quixotic; Sun May 15, 2011, 10:05 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              charlz wrote: View Post
              I hope to goodness nothing that you posted comes to pass.
              Katner is a bust - his agent has been 'hiding' him since the the World Select game. Did nothing in pros last year. Is no where near as promising as dominant Euro Big Tiago Splitter who predictably flopped in NBA.

              Another tanked season? hell no! They need a good season or risk becoming the clippers. This was a lost season to set up moving Bargs and getting ready for lockout. When ever the league resumes Raptors need to take their improving core and grow.

              IF they aquire Flynn Kemba would be redundant - Raps must put together package to acquire DeAndre Jordan even if it means the first round pick... which unless it is first or 2nd is a total crap shoot with very little odds of a decent return.
              I'd really like to see how you suggest we take our "improving core and grow." Right now, unless the youngsters we have suddenly show flashes of turning into elite-level talent, and not just good players, we're just going to end up stuck in the mid-1st round every year. We don't have a Rose, Durant, Westbrook or even a Noah. Not saying we necessarily have to get stars or bust, but we need to be patient.

              If, as you say, we turn into the Clippers just because we dedicate the next season to letting our youngsters continue to grow, then over half the league has turned into the Clippers at one point or another. That's just silly. Actually rebuild when you go into rebuilding mode. The worst thing that could happen is we get stuck in mediocrity again, then our 22-60 season will really be a wasted year.

              Comment


              • #52
                charlz wrote: View Post
                Katner is a bust - his agent has been 'hiding' him since the the World Select game. Did nothing in pros last year. Is no where near as promising as dominant Euro Big Tiago Splitter who predictably flopped in NBA.
                "His agent has been hiding him"?! Seriously man? You're just making stuff up! Stop it!

                Kanter has been said to be the most Complete and Polished International Prospect since Pau Gasol.

                Where do you get Tiago Splitter? Let alone saying he's not even as 'promising' as Splitter. Thats silly, and ignorant. It shows that you really don't know anything about this guy except for the fact that he's from Turkey. Or do you even know where Turkey is?

                Tiago Splitter is Brazilian. NOT European. You need to brush up on your Geography.
                Last edited by Joey; Sun May 15, 2011, 10:53 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  charlz wrote: View Post
                  I hope to goodness nothing that you posted comes to pass.
                  Katner is a bust - his agent has been 'hiding' him since the the World Select game. Did nothing in pros last year. Is no where near as promising as dominant Euro Big Tiago Splitter who predictably flopped in NBA.

                  Another tanked season? hell no! They need a good season or risk becoming the clippers. This was a lost season to set up moving Bargs and getting ready for lockout. When ever the league resumes Raptors need to take their improving core and grow.

                  IF they aquire Flynn Kemba would be redundant - Raps must put together package to acquire DeAndre Jordan even if it means the first round pick... which unless it is first or 2nd is a total crap shoot with very little odds of a decent return.
                  II don't know where to begin here.

                  First of all, you seem to be insinuating that Kanter's agent, who he didn't have until recently, conspired to have Kanter ruled ineligible by the NCAA, so he wouldn't play at Kentucky, where he was enrolled. As for what happened after that, I'm guessing you don't follow the NBA draft very closely, because Kanter's agent has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING different from what just about every other agent for a top 5 projected pick has done. It's actually so rare for a top projected pick to workout again other players that it's noteworthy.

                  Also, Splitter was never considered very polished offensively. Ever. Not sure where you'd even think that. His big strengths were his defense, and I'm confused about him being an apparent flop. He joined a veteran Spurs team with a deep front court, and eventually was able to break into the rotation. And Popovich is talking about starting him next year. Also, what exactly do Kanter and Splitter have in common?

                  As for them becoming the Clippers, I'm also confused. The Clippers aren't the Clippers because they lose. They're the Clippers because they have a horrendous boss who is incredibly cheap, have been badly managed for decades and are BY FAR the worst at drafting players in the NBA.

                  And I don't think anyone is suggesting tanking. They didn't tank this year and they still won 22 games, anyways. That's the thing about having young players and not a whole lot of talent. Whether you like it or not, you don't win a lot of games. Even if the Raptors are able to acquire DeAndre Jordan, they probably aren't making the playoffs. The Clippers had him and better players than the Raptors do and they still didn't make the playoffs.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I agree w/ charlz. Not because I am of the same mind, but because he just got posted up back to back to back. In completely unrelated news i'm in a rec basket-ball league again after a two year hiatus. We won by 2 and I scored 4 points... So I get to take credit for the W right?
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                    "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Go bulls! I know this isn't the right place for that but it seemed silly to start a new thread for two words. Go raps!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                      "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                      "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Ok i think we need to get back on the topic of Jonny Flynn
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Quixotic wrote: View Post
                          LOL. Don't worry, Matt52, I have a feeling after all your hard work, the basketball gods are going to find a way to land Irving, Kanter, Walker and Flynn in Toronto. Maybe even throw in Rubio as well. I'm so excited!
                          Now you're being greedy. Irving and Kanter will suffice.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            "His agent has been hiding him"?! Seriously man? You're just making stuff up! Stop it!

                            Kanter has been said to be the most Complete and Polished International Prospect since Pau Gasol.

                            Where do you get Tiago Splitter? Let alone saying he's not even as 'promising' as Splitter. Thats silly, and ignorant. It shows that you really don't know anything about this guy except for the fact that he's from Turkey. Or do you even know where Turkey is?

                            Tiago Splitter is Brazilian. NOT European. You need to brush up on your Geography.
                            well said

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Now you're being greedy. Irving and Kanter will suffice.
                              Better to overshoot and end up with Irving and Kanter than shoot for Irving and Kanter and end up with just Motiejunas.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Quixotic wrote: View Post
                                Better to overshoot and end up with Irving and Kanter than shoot for Irving and Kanter and end up with just Motiejunas.
                                Can you imagine the match up nightmares Motiejunas and Bargnani would create?

                                This is where all can wonder if I am serious.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X