X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    wow alot of discussion here about a guy who sucks. Seriously. Flynn has shown absolutely nothing in the NBA to date. Yeah yeah, "oh well he's still young", "plays in the triangle" nonesense. Good players still show they are good regardless. He hasn't. What he has shown is to be inefficient and inconsistent. Those are the 2 last things I want from a point guard (hell from anyone). I have a feeling the only time people have seen this guy play in the NBA is against the Raptors.... and the Raps can make anyone look like a stud (ex. Harangody)

The only way I would take Flynn off Minnesota's hands is if they included their pick OR if they took Bargnani from us.
    This thread quickly steered away from Flynn and in to everything else.

Leave a comment:

• GarbageTime
    replied
    wow alot of discussion here about a guy who sucks. Seriously. Flynn has shown absolutely nothing in the NBA to date. Yeah yeah, "oh well he's still young", "plays in the triangle" nonesense. Good players still show they are good regardless. He hasn't. What he has shown is to be inefficient and inconsistent. Those are the 2 last things I want from a point guard (hell from anyone). I have a feeling the only time people have seen this guy play in the NBA is against the Raptors.... and the Raps can make anyone look like a stud (ex. Harangody)

The only way I would take Flynn off Minnesota's hands is if they included their pick OR if they took Bargnani from us.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Curry was drafted ahead of DeMar. The Raptors had the nineth overall pick. But it does make complete logical sence that we would have drafted Curry over DeMar ***if we had the choice***
    The comment refers to who MINNESOTA should have drafted.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Curry was drafted ahead of DeMar. The Raptors had the nineth overall pick. But it does make complete logical sence that we would have drafted Curry over DeMar ***if we had the choice***
    He was talking about Minnesota drafting Flynn instead of Curry or DeRozan, both of whom they apparently considered.

Leave a comment:

• northgrantballer
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    It depends on who the Raptors want to draft.

I wonder if they now wish they had drafted Curry or DeRozan at #6?

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Can you imagine the match up nightmares Motiejunas and Bargnani would create?

This is where all can wonder if I am serious.
    Lol. Only we would be the ones with the matchup problems.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied

I'm actually kind of curious to see how the two of them play together. Curious enough to want to see it happen.

But only on next year's NBA 2K12. =P

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Better to overshoot and end up with Irving and Kanter than shoot for Irving and Kanter and end up with just Motiejunas.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    Now you're being greedy. Irving and Kanter will suffice.
    Better to overshoot and end up with Irving and Kanter than shoot for Irving and Kanter and end up with just Motiejunas.

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    "His agent has been hiding him"?! Seriously man? You're just making stuff up! Stop it!

Kanter has been said to be the most Complete and Polished International Prospect since Pau Gasol.

Where do you get Tiago Splitter? Let alone saying he's not even as 'promising' as Splitter. Thats silly, and ignorant. It shows that you really don't know anything about this guy except for the fact that he's from Turkey. Or do you even know where Turkey is?

Tiago Splitter is Brazilian. NOT European. You need to brush up on your Geography.
    well said

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Quixotic wrote: View Post
    LOL. Don't worry, Matt52, I have a feeling after all your hard work, the basketball gods are going to find a way to land Irving, Kanter, Walker and Flynn in Toronto. Maybe even throw in Rubio as well. I'm so excited!
    Now you're being greedy. Irving and Kanter will suffice.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Ok i think we need to get back on the topic of Jonny Flynn

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Go bulls! I know this isn't the right place for that but it seemed silly to start a new thread for two words. Go raps!

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    I agree w/ charlz. Not because I am of the same mind, but because he just got posted up back to back to back. In completely unrelated news i'm in a rec basket-ball league again after a two year hiatus. We won by 2 and I scored 4 points... So I get to take credit for the W right?

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    charlz wrote: View Post
    I hope to goodness nothing that you posted comes to pass.
    Katner is a bust - his agent has been 'hiding' him since the the World Select game. Did nothing in pros last year. Is no where near as promising as dominant Euro Big Tiago Splitter who predictably flopped in NBA.

Another tanked season? hell no! They need a good season or risk becoming the clippers. This was a lost season to set up moving Bargs and getting ready for lockout. When ever the league resumes Raptors need to take their improving core and grow.

IF they aquire Flynn Kemba would be redundant - Raps must put together package to acquire DeAndre Jordan even if it means the first round pick... which unless it is first or 2nd is a total crap shoot with very little odds of a decent return.
    II don't know where to begin here.

First of all, you seem to be insinuating that Kanter's agent, who he didn't have until recently, conspired to have Kanter ruled ineligible by the NCAA, so he wouldn't play at Kentucky, where he was enrolled. As for what happened after that, I'm guessing you don't follow the NBA draft very closely, because Kanter's agent has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING different from what just about every other agent for a top 5 projected pick has done. It's actually so rare for a top projected pick to workout again other players that it's noteworthy.

Also, Splitter was never considered very polished offensively. Ever. Not sure where you'd even think that. His big strengths were his defense, and I'm confused about him being an apparent flop. He joined a veteran Spurs team with a deep front court, and eventually was able to break into the rotation. And Popovich is talking about starting him next year. Also, what exactly do Kanter and Splitter have in common?

As for them becoming the Clippers, I'm also confused. The Clippers aren't the Clippers because they lose. They're the Clippers because they have a horrendous boss who is incredibly cheap, have been badly managed for decades and are BY FAR the worst at drafting players in the NBA.

And I don't think anyone is suggesting tanking. They didn't tank this year and they still won 22 games, anyways. That's the thing about having young players and not a whole lot of talent. Whether you like it or not, you don't win a lot of games. Even if the Raptors are able to acquire DeAndre Jordan, they probably aren't making the playoffs. The Clippers had him and better players than the Raptors do and they still didn't make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X