X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the Razzies. I found it interesting that people took offense to this list, or said it was dumb. Bad teams have bad players, and is it really that surprising the Bargnani tops the list, when we lost 60 games?
    I dont think the list is dumb, but to show a list highlighting the worst players in the league that are playing in the worst teams is pretty much a no-brainer. Its like somebody shouting fire when the whole neighborhood is already standing outside a burning house. State the obvious, so to speak.

My issue with detractors always putting Bargnani under the bus is that the Raps didnt lose 60 games just because of Bargnani, there were 14 other guys on that team, for me, the whole team lost 60 games. Yes, Bargnani was a big part, and yes, the offense ran through him but 4 other guys were usually playing alongside him who could have, and others actually did, make a difference. Will putting Bargnani out of the equation help? Oh yes, most definitely, no doubt about it. But Im really not sure putting a better player than Bargnani alongside the other four who Bargnani frequently played with will make this instantly a winning team. It will make a difference, but what im getting at is there are other changes to be made to make this team a winner, along with getting rid of Bargnani.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I call it, beating a dead horse.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    This kinda reminds me of the Razzies. I found it interesting that people took offense to this list, or said it was dumb. Bad teams have bad players, and is it really that surprising the Bargnani tops the list, when we lost 60 games?

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    That list should not be a suprise. Its filled with tweeners and inefficient guys.

While I normally agree with you Tim, Johnny Flynn should not be a suprise.... the guy sucks.
    Flynn wasn't a surprise. It was guys like GLen Davis, particularly. I've never been a fan of Flynn.

Leave a comment:

• GarbageTime
    replied
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Neat list but I don't know that I buy his metric. While there are some names there that you expect like Marvin Williams, guys like Glen Davis, Robin Lopez, and Aaron Brooks have always seemed to perform well and Darko had a pretty good year statistically. Maybe I didn't see enough of them this year.
    Its not Marvin Williams, its Mo Williams.

Robin Lopez and Aaron Brooks had absolutely terrible years this year (Brooks better after the trade). Darko had a pretty good year early if you played fantasy basketball, and then unsuprisingly disappeared.

Glen Davis, while a hard worker, turned himself into a jump shooter this year.

Leave a comment:

• GarbageTime
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I came across this article about the NBA's most harmful players.. Guess who's #1?

Interestingly, Johnny Flynn is 6th. Will playing in a different system help? Is this the exact same excuse people use for Bargnani?

There aren't too many surprises on the list. Guys I've never liked, like Villanueva and Aaron Brooks.

Oh, and Minnesota has 3 of the top 6, including 2 and 3. Is it any wonder they finished with the worst record?
    That list should not be a suprise. Its filled with tweeners and inefficient guys.

While I normally agree with you Tim, Johnny Flynn should not be a suprise.... the guy sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    Why am I not surprised this comes from you Tim.
    Do you search articles endlessly, looking to reinforce your thinking. We get that you hate AB, but gobbling up internet space to remind us day in and day out, gets tiresome.
    As for the article, it's wrapped around the Win stat scenario. Kind of like describing a word, and using part of the word in the definition. Redundancy .... the act of being redundant.
    Wow. My comment was barely about Bargnani. I thought it more interesting about the other players, especially Flynn who has been discussed a lot on here. Of course, you chose to ignore the majority of my comment and focus one one single comment.

Leave a comment:

• RapthoseLeafs
    replied
    I came across this article about the NBA's most harmful players.. Guess who's #1?
    Why am I not surprised this comes from you Tim.
    Do you search articles endlessly, looking to reinforce your thinking. We get that you hate AB, but gobbling up internet space to remind us day in and day out, gets tiresome.
    As for the article, it's wrapped around the Win stat scenario. Kind of like describing a word, and using part of the word in the definition. Redundancy .... the act of being redundant.

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    That is probably one of the dumbest articles I have read in a while, basically if your team sucks, or you only play garbage minutes you will make this list.
    ya this article looks like shit. I wonder what nacho eating fatass made it.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Maleko wrote: View Post
    Pretty much. The only player on a good team is Walton, and he virtually didn't play so useless. This measurement appears to say if you play for a losing team come on up. That's about it.
    Glen Davis was also on the list. And while I don't think it's overwhelming evidence, it is something to think about. I do think one of the reasons those teams are bad is because those players are on them. Notice Kevin Love is nowhere on it, yet he played the most minutes of any Minnesota player.

Leave a comment:

• Devin
    replied
    Makes sense

Well, it would stand to reason that bad teams have mostly bad players (either a couple of really bad players, or a lot of regularly bad players), and good teams have mostly good players (either a couple of really good players, or a lot of regularly good players), doesn't it?

Would we expect many good players on a bad team, or many bad players on a good team? That's why players like Kevin Love and Big Baby are so interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    The author of the article.
    Sorry. Missed that.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    That is probably one of the dumbest articles I have read in a while, basically if your team sucks, or you only play garbage minutes you will make this list.
    Pretty much. The only player on a good team is Walton, and he virtually didn't play so useless. This measurement appears to say if you play for a losing team come on up. That's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Love it!

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    Who is tywill33 and why would you quote him on this thread?
    The author of the article.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X