NBA's Most Harmful Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA's Most Harmful Players

I came across this article about the NBA's most harmful players.. Guess who's #1?

Interestingly, Johnny Flynn is 6th. Will playing in a different system help? Is this the exact same excuse people use for Bargnani?

There aren't too many surprises on the list. Guys I've never liked, like Villanueva and Aaron Brooks.

Oh, and Minnesota has 3 of the top 6, including 2 and 3. Is it any wonder they finished with the worst record?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Oh, and there are 4 current or former Raptors on the list.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tywill33 wrote:
      Bargnani is an efficient scorer

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
        Who is tywill33 and why would you quote him on this thread?
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That is probably one of the dumbest articles I have read in a while, basically if your team sucks, or you only play garbage minutes you will make this list.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Neat list but I don't know that I buy his metric. While there are some names there that you expect like Marvin Williams, guys like Glen Davis, Robin Lopez, and Aaron Brooks have always seemed to perform well and Darko had a pretty good year statistically. Maybe I didn't see enough of them this year.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Who is tywill33 and why would you quote him on this thread?
              The author of the article.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  That is probably one of the dumbest articles I have read in a while, basically if your team sucks, or you only play garbage minutes you will make this list.
                  Pretty much. The only player on a good team is Walton, and he virtually didn't play so useless. This measurement appears to say if you play for a losing team come on up. That's about it.

Comment

The author of the article.
                    Sorry. Missed that.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Makes sense

Well, it would stand to reason that bad teams have mostly bad players (either a couple of really bad players, or a lot of regularly bad players), and good teams have mostly good players (either a couple of really good players, or a lot of regularly good players), doesn't it?

Would we expect many good players on a bad team, or many bad players on a good team? That's why players like Kevin Love and Big Baby are so interesting.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Pretty much. The only player on a good team is Walton, and he virtually didn't play so useless. This measurement appears to say if you play for a losing team come on up. That's about it.
                        Glen Davis was also on the list. And while I don't think it's overwhelming evidence, it is something to think about. I do think one of the reasons those teams are bad is because those players are on them. Notice Kevin Love is nowhere on it, yet he played the most minutes of any Minnesota player.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          ya this article looks like shit. I wonder what nacho eating fatass made it.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I came across this article about the NBA's most harmful players.. Guess who's #1?
                            Why am I not surprised this comes from you Tim.
                            Do you search articles endlessly, looking to reinforce your thinking. We get that you hate AB, but gobbling up internet space to remind us day in and day out, gets tiresome.
                            As for the article, it's wrapped around the Win stat scenario. Kind of like describing a word, and using part of the word in the definition. Redundancy .... the act of being redundant.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                              Why am I not surprised this comes from you Tim.
                              Do you search articles endlessly, looking to reinforce your thinking. We get that you hate AB, but gobbling up internet space to remind us day in and day out, gets tiresome.
                              As for the article, it's wrapped around the Win stat scenario. Kind of like describing a word, and using part of the word in the definition. Redundancy .... the act of being redundant.
                              Wow. My comment was barely about Bargnani. I thought it more interesting about the other players, especially Flynn who has been discussed a lot on here. Of course, you chose to ignore the majority of my comment and focus one one single comment.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X