X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    phili pepa in toronto:
    im still not sold on raptors selecting jonas. How would yu rate tha pick and what do tha raptors really expect from him?

Joel Brigham:
    They should expect him to be the perennial All-Star that they build around for the next ten years. He's going to be fantastic. Best pick the Raptors could've made there, and I don't think fans are going to be disappointed at all. Give it just a little bit of time, but within three years you're going to see serious returns on that particular investment. He'll be the best player from this 2011 draft.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?c...#ixzz1U9gzZXaB

Big praise for Jonas. Granted it is one person's opinion and earlier in the chat he said DD would average 12-15ppg for the majority of his career.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I like Whiteside, if there's ever a trade with the Kings for Thompson or something, I wouldn't mind Whiteside being thrown in there. His defense is heaps better than Bargnani, and he has huge arms.
    Whiteside's a tease. He's got the tools to be a very good NBA player, but he's got Benoit Benjamin syndrome.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    DaveKim wrote: View Post
    Alabi was considered a late lottery pick until teams found out that he had Hep-B which explained why so many teams passed on him. That wasnt Chad's Ford fault, he had no idea that would happen.

What was even more surprising was how far Hassan Whiteside fell, I htink at one point they had him going to us at 13!
    I like Whiteside, if there's ever a trade with the Kings for Thompson or something, I wouldn't mind Whiteside being thrown in there. His defense is heaps better than Bargnani, and he has huge arms.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    DaveKim wrote: View Post
    What was even more surprising was how far Hassan Whiteside fell, I htink at one point they had him going to us at 13!
    Showing up to workouts like you don't care will have that effect.

Leave a comment:

• DaveKim
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    bro I seen one of his where he had alabi going in the 20's
    Alabi was considered a late lottery pick until teams found out that he had Hep-B which explained why so many teams passed on him. That wasnt Chad's Ford fault, he had no idea that would happen.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    For anyone wondering how to say his name it's "YO-ness voll-en-CHOO-nuss".

Click here to listen to it

Leave a comment:

• jbml
    replied
    I still like him at 5

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Hypothetically, if there was no next season, whoever picks him up late lotto or mid first round will get quite the steal.

This would also be a good time to pick up a late lotto or mid first round pick to get him if he was there and if a pick could be had.
    I've thought of this, as well. COnsidering the chance there won't be a next season, I don't see what the drawback is to drafting Valanciunas. Of course, that could be why he's still slated to go high.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Hypothetically, if there was no next season, whoever picks him up late lotto or mid first round will get quite the steal.

This would also be a good time to pick up a late lotto or mid first round pick to get him if he was there and if a pick could be had.

Leave a comment:

• jbml
    replied
    http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider

Valanciunas update: Sources say buyout agreement close, however, buyout won't allow Valanciunas to play in NBA next season.
    If Valanciunas can't play in NBA next year, he'll drop. Cavs won't take him at 4. Still I doubt he slips past the Rockets at 14.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    No one here, thankfully, and that is why I post here.

Unfortunately, some people are still feeling shock from drafting Andrea, and anything from that side of the world is met with suspicion. I got a few comments like that on the combine videos I posted.

Maybe the 2.0 is meant in terms of "bust", but I don't think I would label Andrea a bust. A disappointment, yes... a bust, not quite.
    People's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I guess because he's European, then he's automatically compared to Bargnani by people who seem to have no understanding of basketball. Or reality.

On a side note, I find there are not very many places on the internet it is safe to discuss basketball without your intelligence (or self) being insulted by morons who either know nothing about basketball but pretend to, or do know about basketball, but are just complete idiots with the maturity of a 12 year old.

Leave a comment:

• MyMomLovesMe
    replied
    No one here, thankfully, and that is why I post here.

Unfortunately, some people are still feeling shock from drafting Andrea, and anything from that side of the world is met with suspicion. I got a few comments like that on the combine videos I posted.

Maybe the 2.0 is meant in terms of "bust", but I don't think I would label Andrea a bust. A disappointment, yes... a bust, not quite.
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Great interview thanks. Kid seems humble and motivated to be better. Sound very level headed.

I have bumped into too many uninformed comments about him (so sorry for the rant that is about to follow).

He is not Andrea 2.0, he is NOTHING like Andrea, their games have no similarity at all. He is a great rebounder and stays close to the basket. He is young and growing and I think he can put on some good weight. Do you guys remember how Bosh looked when he came into the league. (He got the same criticism, too skinny, maybe a bust at the NBA level. Like JV, Bosh had a very effective FG%, that stood out from the other bigs. Like JV, Bosh came on strong later in his collegiate career. I think this kid will be a solid player if he puts on some weight. He has the instinct for the game.)
    Who on earth said he was Andrea 2.0? That makes about as much sense as saying that Fredette is John Stockton 2.0. Outside of their size and skin colour, there is absolutely no similarities. Valanciunas is raw offensively, but is a good defender and rebounder with a high motor. I don't think he's comparable to Bosh either, though. It's closer, but Bosh was better offensively than Valanciunas is. Valanciunas also is more of a banger than Bosh ever was. His build is the least of my worries with Valanciunas.

Leave a comment:

• MyMomLovesMe
    replied
    Great interview thanks. Kid seems humble and motivated to be better. Sound very level headed.

I have bumped into too many uninformed comments about him (so sorry for the rant that is about to follow).

He is not Andrea 2.0, he is NOTHING like Andrea, their games have no similarity at all. He is a great rebounder and stays close to the basket. He is young and growing and I think he can put on some good weight. Do you guys remember how Bosh looked when he came into the league. (He got the same criticism, too skinny, maybe a bust at the NBA level. Like JV, Bosh had a very effective FG%, that stood out from the other bigs. Like JV, Bosh came on strong later in his collegiate career. I think this kid will be a solid player if he puts on some weight. He has the instinct for the game.)
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X