• Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    I hope so - my vote LF !!!!!
    he's young
    he's hungry
    he's smart
    let's not forget he led those Nets to a what 0-17 start two seasons ago? I'm not saying he's the wrong choice but let's not forget what he's done with crappy teams, which the Raps are...

Comment

Frank was passed over for the Rockets job and has interviewed with GS (no answer there yet). Someone wrote he revamped the Thibodeau defense in Boston! Why? Didnt that win a trophy? Bad move. They lost.

Comment

Byron Scott led Cavs to a 26 losing streak, does that mean he is not a good coach?! He just didn't have enough talent in that roster. So just because Nets sucked two years ago it doesn't mean Frank Lawrence is not a decent coach.

Comment

O god...

Comment

IMO players matter way more then coach, you can have the best defensive coach ever but i guarantee you bargs will still suck on d.
            ya dun noe

Comment

Marc Stein: In addition to Boston's Lawrence Frank, NBA coaching sources confirm Raptors will request permission to interview Mavs assistant Dwane Casey. Twitter
              Casey never got a shot after Minnesota. He was fired when they were .500 and the team has never sniffed mediocrity since.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
                Byron Scott led Cavs to a 26 losing streak, does that mean he is not a good coach?! He just didn't have enough talent in that roster. So just because Nets sucked two years ago it doesn't mean Frank Lawrence is not a decent coach.
                Great point about Byron Scott. I always point to Doc Rivers. He was "crap" before getting KG and Ray Allen.

And his name is Lawrence Frank .. not Frank Lawrence.

I'm not all that interested in Dwane Casey. I think there are far better candidates available that should be hired over him.

Comment

I hadn't even thought about Mo Cheeks....kinda like that idea. A lot.

My only issue with Frank is he'll get he team going and he'll shore up the D but the team will eventually tune him out and the Raps will pay him to sit at home (a raptors tradition). I think someone already mentioned the Scott Skiles effect.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Franks was a media darling when he showed up w/ the Nets. He was young, bright and had the attention of his team. He was brought in as the interim head coach and the players unanimously wanted him as a FT head coach. Some transactions occured that didn't endear the Nets brass to Kidd and he tuned out. As far as I can find, it wasn't LF that was tuned out. When that team started 0-16 prior to his removal as HC, he had the talent level of an 0-16 team. His experience working with the Celts should prove to be invaluable and the changes he made to the defense weren't the cause of their demise, the lack of a healthy, quality centre, Rondo's disappearance and the aging of their key players was.

Comment

adelman or bust IMO.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Casey never got a shot after Minnesota. He was fired when they were .500 and the team has never sniffed mediocrity since.
                        And I forgot he had head-coached. I would be happy with Casey as well.

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20018

a rundown on some candidates (Frank Woodson Adelman)

The Raptors own P.J. Carlesimo has head coaching experience, but he has already been eliminated from the search by Colangelo.
                          Last edited by jbml; Sat Jun 4, 2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Brian Shaw, Mark Jackson, or Mike Woodsen are better than Frank IMO.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

BC I think is more likely to go after Adelman than Frank. Frank has always been tough with his players (which I prefer). Houston's defense last year was 22nd. Adelman has never been known to prefer defense over offense. I prefer Frank.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                                Brian Shaw, Mark Jackson, or Mike Woodsen are better than Frank IMO.
                                How can you say Brian Shaw and Mark Jackson are better than Frank when neither of them has HC experience? Jackson hasn't even coached...

Comment

Working...
                                X